Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

The major coughing didn't start until Tuesday night. I'm actually feeling quite a bit better today. Still have a lot of junk to cough up but my throat isn't sore today and what is getting coughed up is clear so I think it is almost done. I think I got 8 or 9 hours of sleep last night which I'm sure helped. I am planning to team teach again tonight and tape tomorrow so hoping all goes well. I am going to go to work today too. The only thing that is a little concerning is that I was doing really well yesterday until I went out to get cat food and had a coughing fit in the check out line.  :rolleyes: Spent pretty much the entire day playing Star Wars the Old Republic with my husband. Didn't really eat much. Wasn't that hungry and got up late.

Food Yesterday:

M1: Scrambled eggs with chorizo sausage, creamy leek soup with bacon, black coffee

M2: Scrambled eggs with chorizo sausage

drank a lot of tea and several glasses of organic apple cider

another slice of bacon right before bed

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all! Lingering cruddy cough + anxiety over recording my class this morning led to not such great sleep. Ugh. Coffee! Ugh.  :P

Class was fine last night but we lost the mic again right as I took over to teach. Not what my voice needed. Praying it doesn't go out today because I really don't want to have to record again. If the dry air triggered attacks and the cough itself are still around on Friday I might suck it up and go to urgent care. I have to fly next Thursday so I don't need to have a coughing fit in dry warm airplane air. 

Not too much else to report. I'm finding I can't really stomach a full meal right before I teach and I don't want one when I get home either. Need to work that out. 

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs, bacon, creamy leek soup, black coffee

M2: 2 fried chicken legs, broccoli with evoo and salt

more apple cider and tea

M3: 2 lamb sausages

Exercise: Teach WIM

apple before bed

Good morning! I think I slept at least 9 hours last night and boy did that feel good! I woke 2 or 3 times. Feeling much more human today. Still coughing a lot this morning as I have to get all the junk up that settled in the night. I think I need to go get a humidifier and add that to the mix. Bummed about my video not working out yesterday but all set up to try again tomorrow with someone watching the camera this time. I do want to set it up tonight and reassure myself that if I do hit record it will record for an entire hour without stopping. Went to BodyPump last night and only had one instance of coughing too much but it settled down. Felt good to do something other than my WIM choreography. Need to get myself to PCC today too because I'm pretty much out of ready to go meat and only have 3 eggs left and am out of kraut and kombucha. 

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs, bacon, kraut, black coffee

M2: 3 fried chicken legs (Paleo Comfort Foods), creamy leek soup

M3: grass fed burger lettuce wrapped with raw cheddar and bacon, kraut

Exercise: BodyPump 86

Snack: Orange

Also drank lots of herbal tea and a three ACV/Honey teas

It isn't terribly unusual for me to get hit with one of these long colds each winter. Usually I get it when I travel to my parents for the holidays which stinks. Working with 6-24 mo old kids for 2 hours every Sunday pretty much assures I will get something though. Bought myself a humidifier (and made it through a store without a coughing fit) this morning and picked up some saline spray as well. I noticed they had portable self misters (with a mask) too and almost got one. Possibly something to pick up before I fly if I'm still coughing next week. Hoping I'm not. I'm supposed to take a CPR class on Saturday too...hope they don't kick me out. ;)

I sympathize big time.  As a card carrying member of the long colds and nasty coughs club, I know how much of a drag it can be - particularly to have huge coughing fits in public.   I was diagnosed with asthma at one point, but I only use the inhalers now if I get sick and that seems to help me a bit.  The other thing I discovered along with my doctor was that my never ending cough and asthma seems to be sometimes triggered by a low grade infection deep in the caverns of my sinuses.  In the last couple years, I took antibiotics twice and it zapped it immediately and got me back to a place where I could function and interact.  I'm not a fan of using antibiotics and try my best not to, but sometimes it makes a big difference.  I'm sorry the ACV isn't working wonders and kicking the dang bug out of your system.  Hope you get good sleep again tonight - it does make a world of difference in the healing process.

I actually feel almost completely human today. Yay! Now if I had just put the book down and gone to bed at a reasonable time last night.  :rolleyes: I do think the ACV and honey is working. Humidifier helped a lot and I slept through the night for the most part. Class this morning went well. I found out this morning that my camera did start on Tuesday and cut out after 29 minutes. Sounds like it doesn't support the 64 GB card but instead of telling me that when I stuck it in it just treated it like a 2 GB card.  :rolleyes: Was able to get the class with my old point and shoot this morning though. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet but my friend who babysat the camera thought it went well. I did lose the mic again today. Ugh and stuff. 3 in a row and we've reported it to the GFM. Got to the grocery store yesterday. Have not really planned my meals yet, just bought the most affordable options for beef, chicken, lamb, and pork and will come up with food from that. At least that is the theory. ;) 

Food Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs, bacon, kraut, black coffee

M2: 2 grass fed hot dogs, salad with homemade vinegrette

1.5 mile walk with a friend

M3: Spicy Salmon Patties (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods), roasted red potatoes, mayo

kombucha, grande americano black, herbal tea, green tea, and acv/honey/tea

Yay for feeling human!

Indeed! Though I wouldn't mind feeling like a cat if I could sleep and eat all day. ;)

Had a decent day yesterday. Quite a bit of off plan food and my tummy wasn't too impressed with lunch. The humidifier continues to help with sleep though I had a couple of coughing fits last night. They were both wet coughing fits instead of dry ones though (does that make sense?) which I honestly prefer. Went out to breakfast with a friend this morning and got an awesome egg scramble with lots of veggies, bacon, avocado, and cheese. Yum! Going to get pho for lunch. The way my weekend is planned I have a feeling I'm going to need to reign things in come Monday.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs, bacon, roasted red potatoes, kraut, black coffee, acv & honey tea

M2: bunless burger with mushrooms and provolone cheese, spicy fries dipped in "special sauce" (the latter is probably the source of the tummy problems), iced tea with lemon

kombucha

M3: tacos (grass fed ground beef with a store bought seasoning that was organic and not too many offplan ingredients, organic hasa massa taco shells, organic mexican cheese), too many bites of Theo's holiday chocolate bars (I bought 4 varieties and just put them out as dessert for our game night last night)

Herbal tea, ACV and Honey Tea

Good morning (almost afternoon)! Got my video submitted yesterday and now we wait. :) Had a very social day yesterday which was awesome. I sometimes wish I had picked a more social career. Had breakfast and lunch with friends and then went to a late night showing of Ender's Game with my husband at the iPic. I've been waiting to see this movie for a long long time (since I read the book in 1997) and it did not disappoint. Got myself out of bed and to BodyPump/CX today. Ouch! Have a CPR class this afternoon and then hanging out with college friends tonight.

Food Yesterday:

M1: VEGGIE SCRAMBLE / eggs, spinach, onion, tomato, mushrooms, avocado served with home fries and fresh fruit, added bacon and cheddar to that, black coffee (The Commons Cafe)

M2: Spring rolls with a little peanut sauce, Chicken Garlic Delight (chicken, garlic, broccoli), jasmine rice, jasmine tea (Racha Thai - the Pho place was way too crowded)

M3: Smothered Pork Chops (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods), steamed green beans with EVOO and salt

Snacks: I may have melted some cheese on the last 2 taco shells and ate it  :ph34r:, ordered mozzarella sticks at iPic - I hadn't had them in a long long time and they were definitely worth it, also ate the free popcorn

Tummy is noticeably a bit off after a lot of grains and dairy yesterday. Everything was worth it though. 

It sounds like you had a great weekend.  I don't have a particularly social career, but I do have to talk to people at the office every day.  I sometimes wish I had picked an even less social career. :)  I enjoy days working at home when I don't have to talk to anybody.  Of course, if that was every day, I suppose I wouldn't like it.  Fingers crossed on your video!

Good afternoon! Never got on the computer yesterday. Was out from 8am - 10pm. Crazy!

Had lots of fun with my college friends, got my CPR class done, church was great, and had a nice evening with some other friends last night. Totally off the rails this weekend but I made my choices carefully and only suffered a little for them. :-)

Saturday:

M1: eggs scrambled with sauteed spinach, kraut, bacon, black coffee

Exercise: BodyPump/CX

M2: Smothered Pork Chops (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods), Apple

M3: White Chicken Chili with cheese and sour cream and corn tortilla chips, salad with balsamic vinaigrette, grapes

Homemade apple pie with cheddar for dessert...totally worth it, lots and lots of fresh raw apple cider...also worth it

Sunday:

M1: (back to my friends for breakfast and more hang out time) scrambled eggs with cheddar, bacon (from pigs they raised themselves), french toast (I wasn't going to have this but it was made with real deal sourdough so I had 3 small pieces with no syrup...worth it)

M2: UPTOWN SALAD: All-natural grilled chicken,grapes, apples, dried cranberries, candied walnuts, red onion, blue cheese with ranch dressing, broccoli and cheese soup, uzzi soda (Potbelly)

M3: Lentil soup, gluten free crackers, salami, cheese, hot cider, kale salad (at friend's house)

Good morning! Yesterday was a pretty busy day. Had a massage in the morning, auditioned for my group fitness manager in the afternoon, and we had Pathfinder last night. My audition went well and she is going to go ahead and start the process of putting me on the sub list. Yay! Ate a lot of gluten free goodies last night and have quite a bit left over. Hrm. Trying to figure out how to eat as many of my vegetables as possible before I go out of town on Thursday. Husband surely won't eat them while I'm gone. Might need to see what I can freeze and maybe I'll just give some of it away. 

Food Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled with sauteed spinach, bacon, black coffee

M2: Beef Roast with Beets and Tarragon (The Paleo Slow Cooker)

M3: gluten free pizza (we got 2 kinds - one with a blend of Shiitake, Crimini, Oyster, Portobello and Button Mushrooms, with onions, lightly Smoked Mozzarella cheese and our homemade Italian Sausage and one with Smoked Bacon and fresh Washington grown apples with mozzarella, sharp cheddar and a touch of Gorgonzola cheese, chopped walnuts, onions and a Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pesto.), gluten free cookies (Udi's brand), a square of Theo's coconut mint milk chocolate.

Other Drinks: kombucha, hot tea, water, and a couple of glasses of apple cider

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty crazy day! I team taught again in the morning. Got there and realized that someone had unplugged our speaker so grabbed the power chord to be on the safe side. Went to plug in my music and my Zune (which was fully charged the night before) was dead. Need to create backup playlists on my phone and an emergency teaching kit in my gym bag. The gal I was teaching with didn't show up until just before class started because traffic was so bad but thankfully had the music (but not on a single playlist which is a pain). Went to start class finally and the microphone didn't even give us a glimmer of working. So turn on loud Bethany. Rah! Class went fine after that and was fun as usually. I was talking to one of the gals who had not been to class in a while after class and asked if she had any questions and she said "Yes, when do you teach again?"  :wub: Got on the sub list officially yesterday though I need to turn in my paperwork today so I can actually get paid. Already picked up a class for Dec 3rd and will work on learning a few new tracks while I'm visiting family for turkey day. Had an epic work conversation with my boss at the end of the day and ended up not having time to eat dinner and barely making it to BodyPump on time. The group fitness microphone was also busted. Fabulous. Got home, walked in the door, and remembered we were out of cat food. Dropped my gym bag and back out again. Got to TJs just in time as they were about to close. Grabbed a bag of coconut cashews as reward for having to rush off to the store hungry, sweaty, and tired.  :rolleyes: Watched a show, finally finished a book series (fabulous ending!), and off to dream land. :) Need to go into the gym to turn in paperwork today so I think I'm going to attempt to run a mile or two on the dreadmill as I've not in a long time. My cold/cough seems to be mostly gone now which is fabulous! Still not 100% but much more normal now.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 eggs scrambled in sauteed spinach, bacon, kraut, black coffee, small glass of apple cider

M2: leftover gluten free pizza, black coffee, square of Eating Evolved dark chocolate (walnut banana)

kombucha, herbal tea

Exercise: BodyPump 

M3: Spicy Salmon Cake (quick and easy paleo comfort foods), mayo, raw cheddar, apple, coconut cashews, herbal tea, small glass of apple cider

Wearing my next size down jeans today. They are a bit tight but I'm ok with that. 

I also wore my favorite coat that I've not been able to wear for 4 years today. I knew it fit again but this is the first time it has been cold enough to justify wearing it.

Wearing my next size down jeans today. They are a bit tight but I'm ok with that.

I also wore my favorite coat that I've not been able to wear for 4 years today. I knew it fit again but this is the first time it has been cold enough to justify wearing it.

Great NSVs!

Good morning! Did not run yesterday. Just couldn't get myself moving soon enough. I did have a nice walk with my friend in the afternoon though. It's been cold here. Brrrr! Of course I'm off to the East coast to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family tonight and it will be even colder there. Brrrr! ;) Leaving the husband home to feed the cats, eat pizza, and play video games. Not much of note yesterday...pretty typical Wednesday. My right shoulder has been very sore. I wish I knew what the root cause was. Even after my massage on Monday it is still pretty bad. Trying to stretch it and I think I'll go get a heating pad today to see if that helps. Should be real fun to fly when it hurts to look left.  :rolleyes: Off to BodyPump this morning. Hopefully will help not harm my shoulder. It felt better after pump on Tuesday night but then I woke up to it hurting again. I still need to find time to pack today and find my suitcase in our storage unit. That should be fun.

Food/Movement Yesterday:

M1: 3 fried eggs over sauteed baby bok choy and bacon, black coffee, apple cider

M2: smothered pork chops (paleo comfort foods)

Exercise: ~1.5 mile walk

Grande Americano at Starbucks, tea

M3: Beef Roast with Beets (the paleo slow cooker), apple cider, coconut cashews

tea, raw cheddar, bacon (I was feeling hungry before sleep but not sure I really needed that food)

Thanks Sara! I've been so busy with my WIM training that I've not really had time to run and then I had the nasty cough monster bug. Hoping to get some dreadmilling in while I'm on vacay and maybe back outside when I get home. Of course winters here are not usually super cold but are usually very wet. Blech. 

Archived