Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You found an apartment!  Wonderful news, probably old news to folks here but last I checked in you were looking for one.  Is that it in the background of your profile photo?  Totes fab! 

As for your pickles, if they are mushy they are oinly going to get mushier.  Toss em.  If I can be of any help with ferments, except cucumber pickles, I will be glad to help.  I am making about 2-3 ferments a week these days.  My booch and WK are seemlessly in my life now, you really should get the booch going, so worth it!!

Bummer about the duvet and comforter but it's a good excuse to get new ones!  I always like getting new things when I move to a new place.  Hope everything went well for your hubs at the dentist.  I feel his pain, no fun :(

Have a loverly evening girlie :)

I wish that was my apartment in the background...that is my friends fabulous house who did my hair. But yes we found an apartment and moved in mid-September and still have lots of boxes to unpack. It is somewhat ridiculous. The apartment is small (about 1/3 the size we were in) and a funky layout but we are making it work. It's just a mile from my office which is amazing and 3 miles from the gym which is also amazing. I can also walk to a bus route if I want to go into Seattle now instead of driving my car and parking. Yay! 

I do just need to throw the pickles out. I'm just so bummed about it but our tiny fridge doesn't have room for food experiments gone wrong. I think the biggest thing keeping me from starting my booch is the fact that I can't seem to keep my kitchen clean and I'm scared that will make my booch go bad. Baby steps. 

Had a decent day yesterday. Husband's dental procedure went fine. Haven't asked him any questions to see if he remembers anything this time. He was very grumpy yesterday though. 

Heater at work was struggling again yesterday so very cold in my office. Got some stuff done though. Went into the gym and practiced my new tracks and ran 1 mile on the dreadmill.

Got some very sad news yesterday that one of my gym friends died suddenly in her sleep. No word yet as to what actually happened but it was very unexpected...she was very healthy as far as anyone could tell. She was a wonderful person and I'm going to miss her.  :(

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs scrambled into sauteed greens (organic girl 5 happiness salad), bacon, black coffee with gelatin

M2: paleo meatloaf (Civilized Caveman's App), mayo, steamed broccoli with butter, square of dark chocolate  (Eating Evolved)

Exercise: Practice WIM, run 1 mile

Snack: raw cheddar, apple, kombucha

M3: Creamy Chicken Cauliflower Soup (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods) - 2 bowls  :ph34r: , dark chocolate truffle (Eating Evolved)

Herbal tea with gelatin

Good morning! Pretty average day yesterday. Morning BodyPump class, work, Trader Joe's, Bed Bath and Beyond, home to make dinner, 1 tv show, and bed at a decent time. Bought a new Australian wool duvet and a purple damask duvet cover set. They had a black velvet one that was tempting but expensive. Need to put that all together still as I didn't have the energy last night. Started falling asleep on my book around 10:30 and pretty much slept through the night but I woke a little before 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. Read until I started dozing again and then snoozed my alarm clock too many times. I have a massage scheduled for this morning and not sure I'm going to have time to shower before I go.  :ph34r:

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs scrambled in sauteed kale, bacon, black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: BodyPump 79 

Snack: Apple with raw cheddar and 8 oz cup of black coffee

M2: 2 lamb burgers (Well Fed 2) with mayo, steamed broccoli with butter, square of 100% dark chocolate (eating evolved)

kombucha, tea

Snack: 2 clementines, raw cheddar

M3: Salmon Patties with Creamy Dill Sauce, large cucumber sliced, pumpkin butter cup (eating evolved)

herbal tea with gelatin

Black velvet duvet doesn't sound like a good idea with pets around.  My dog lived in the house for only a short time before moving out to the kennel and never left the kitchen/laundry room and I still find dog hair on my red couch in the family room.  No idea how it gets there.  The one you did get sounds lovely!  I have a massage and mani/pedi scheduled for the 21st.  I can't wait!  It will be nice to destress before the holidays.  Enjoy!

Look what I found today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/childsplaycharity/11296428275/

I wish I could download it.

Yesterday: Massage, work, coffee with my friend (where I went pretty offroad), another trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond (went in for a personal heated wrap and came out with that and holiday flavored k-cups, holiday cookie cutters, and flannel lined leggings...that store is dangerous!), more work, home for dinner, laundry, setting up new duvet (so warm and cozy), and some tv watching. I should have done some cleaning. Going to go home early today and get it done. Got to bed earlyish and slept pretty well. Christmas present from our gym to our members today - new Les Mills SmartBars! They are so awesome! The bar itself is a bit heavier so a couple of places I had to drop weight but I love that I can do the plate work without fatiguing my wrists and forearms. Love!

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs scrambled in sauteed kale, bacon, black coffee with gelatin (boring I know)

M2: Creamy Chicken Cauliflower Soup (Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods), 100% cacao dark chocolate square

Snack: Starbucks Grande Gingerbread Latte (whole milk, whipped cream, forgot to ask them to half the syrup - SOOO sweet!), Protein Box (1 egg, couple slices of cheddar, biscuit, peanut butter, grapes, apple slices)

Exercise: Walk from Starbucks to BB&B and back (maybe a mile) 

M3: Blue Cheese Burger (pre-seasoned patty from PCC), mayo, lettuce, 4 small red potatoes pan fried with the burger grease and garlic salt, Kombucha, pumpkin butter cup (eating evolved)

Black velvet duvet doesn't sound like a good idea with pets around.  My dog lived in the house for only a short time before moving out to the kennel and never left the kitchen/laundry room and I still find dog hair on my red couch in the family room.  No idea how it gets there.  The one you did get sounds lovely!  I have a massage and mani/pedi scheduled for the 21st.  I can't wait!  It will be nice to destress before the holidays.  Enjoy!

Well one of our cats is all black so that would probably blend. I knew it was impractical which is why I didn't get it, but I love soft stuff and I may have stood there and pet it for a while.  :ph34r:

Ha!!! I do that too!  I am such a tactile person, you can find me reaching out for things as I walk by just to feel the sensation on my fingertips.  I actually bought a faux leopard lined vest from Costco one day because I just couldn't stop petting it! 

Massage sounds delightful, perhaps I will take a page from your book and have one before we leave for the holiday.  I will need it! 

Ooooh, you have Well Fed 2?!?!?  Do you love it?  I feel like I could cook everything from 1 repeatedly, and do, is 2 the same?  I am going to reserve a copy to pick up while in FL just to treat myself. 

Enjoy your weekend you crazy kitten you :)

Well Fed 2 is definitely worth the purchase. Twice as many recipes as one and I've barely gotten into it really. I could cook from the bangers, burgers, and balls section alone and that would be worth it. It did get me to finally make chicken livers (which I should do again soon). 

Because I spend most of my time sitting at a desk I get a massage every other week at least. It's part of my maintenance care. ;)

Yesterday I worked a half day, got food for our Pathfinder night, came home and watched an episode of Arrow while drinking kombucha and petting the cat, then cleaned the kitchen, and cooked the foods. Pathfinder went well though my character almost got herself killed and when we ended the might my characters animal companion was close to death as well. Yikes! Probably stayed up too late after that despite only taking care of the cleaning up that went in the dishwasher. Was excited yesterday because I found both Egg Nog and Egg Nog Ice Cream at PCC that didn't have any of the nasty additives in it. Neither is health food either (ultra pasteurized and sugar) but both organic. Something I only have at this time of the year and I just don't have the time to make it myself. Slept alright last night...vivid dreams and a bit of tossing and turning but not laying awake. Going to go to boot camp this morning (assuming there is room for me...as an employee I have to give up a spot if needed) and planning to go Swing Dancing tonight. Also going to lunch with a friend at a local organic restaurant that I've been wanting to try for a while. Should be a good Friday!

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: eggs and kale and bacon and coffee with geltain

Exercise: BodyPump

Snack: apple and raw cheddar and coffee

M2: salmon cakes with creamy dill sauce, 5 carrots

kombucha

M3: Beef Stroganoff (Deliciously Organic - used grain free substitutions), organic white rice, terra chips, Gingerbread Brownies with organic french vanilla ice cream

herbal tea with gelatin

Good morning! Yesterday was a pretty good day. Boot camp was killer! I had never actually done burpees before and we did lots. Among other things. I love that I am much stronger than I think I am though. Things I watched her demo and I was like "no way" and then I did them just fine. Going to try and go every Friday unless an opportunity to sub the Friday WIM class comes up. Next time I will wear my gloves though because I have rug burn on the heels of my hands from doing burpees and pushups on the astroturf (or however you spell that). Lunch was awesome and expensive but awesome. Got some work done. Came home and played some Star Wars while I had dinner. Out dancing. Did more socializing than dancing but did have a couple of decent dances. Stayed up way too late again. I'm pretty darn sore this morning but I'm going to be a crazy person and go to pump/cx this morning anyway. I might go easier on some of the weights. Desperately want to get some apartment cleaning/organizing done today. I also want to make some meals to take over to the family of my friend that passed away this week. I think I way overdid it yesterday on offroad foods. Woke up sniffling and scratchy throat again today. I also forgot to fill and turn on my humidifier the last couple of nights so that probably is contributing as well.

Food/Exercise:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, coffee with gelatin and a splash of organic eggnog

Exercise: 1 hour boot camp

Snack: 8 oz black coffee, leftover gingerbread brownies.

M2: lunch at Hugo's Organic Restaurant (everything is gluten free, soy free, and cow dairy free) flaxseed crackers with sweet potato hummus, open faced chicken parm sandwich on gluten free bread with sweet potato fries (these were more like what I would make at home than normal restaurant fare), raw pumpkin cheesecake, dry rhubarb soda, black coffee

Snack: chocolate covered dehydrated orange slice and another chocolate (these are from the holiday goodies that our office complex left for us)

M3: blue cheese burger with bacon and mayo, 4 small red potatoes sauteed in the burger/bacon grease with garlic salt, sour cream, kombucha

Exercise: Lindy Hop!

Snack: herbal tea with gelatin, small scoop of rice with raw cheddar (I so didn't need this rice snack - it was a want and not really worth it)

Well yesterday turned into a pretty wasted day. Oh well. Went to BodyPump/CX and was SO VERY SORE after. I should have gone lighter on my back weight as I had to drop my last set completely (it was almost all power presses and wide rows...ouch!). Went to the farm to pick up my CSA and scored a bunch of zucchini from the extras box (need to make zoodles and shred some to make fritters today). I got a cabbage this week too so I'm determined to try my hand at making kraut. Got home and showered and put everything away and made my lunch (my devoid of vegetables lunch despite all the vegetables I have). Sat down in front of the computer to eat and play Star Wars for an hour or so. That is what I ended up doing pretty much the entire day. I was too sore to do anything else. Though thinking about it now I probably would have felt less sore if I had not sat at a computer all day. Went to bed way late and did not make fabulous food choices. Slept fine though. I'm skipping church today because I'm meeting some ex-co-workers for lunch and I didn't go to bed early enough to get up and go to the very early service this morning and the next one would be cutting it close. Less stress this way. I'm still going to do kids tonight. Really need to get the kitchen cleaned up, grocery shopping, and food planning/prep done today. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: eggs, kale, bacon, coffee with gelatin and splash of egg nog

Exercise: BodyPump Express/CX

M2: Salmon Patties with Creamy Dill sauce and white rice, kombucha

Snack: apple and raw cheddar, too many little chocolates (husband brought home a box of Theo's chocolate from work on Friday)

M3: 4 fried eggs, creamy cauliflower and chicken soup, bacon

tea with gelatin

Just looked at the lunch menu for the restaurant we are going to today and I'm not really seeing great options for me. I'm mostly concerned with staying gluten free and right now I've come up with a chicken caesar salad and tomato bisque soup. I really dislike dinner salads though and paying $14 for something I can easily make at home just miffs me. I've had their burger before and they put stuff in the meat and I didn't really enjoy it, but I could give it another shot. A lot of their stuff has bell peppers in it too which I can't eat. *sigh* I didn't really enjoy going to this restaurant before I went Paleo...I wish I had voiced my concern when we first started talking about this. 

http://www.schwartzbros.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/SpazzoLunch12.9.13.pdf

Hope you are feeling less sore today!  I'm a bit sore after my race yesterday.

Hopefully you can find something decent at the restaurant.  And ultimately, it is about spending time with friends, so focus on that.

Thanks for that reminder. I just don't like spending a lot of money on boring food. I may just get what I want and deal with the consequences of the choice. I'm considering challenging myself to 2 different veggies at every meal this week starting tomorrow.

The meal wasn't too bad. They must have changed the burger recipe as it was just a straight burger nothing mixed in. So I ordered that with no bun and I got the fries and a tomato bisque soup. Sadly because I asked for no bun I didn't get the pesto aoli. Lame. I didn't touch the bread. But I did order a cannoli (sp?) for dessert which was pretty good and pretty worth it. It was fun to catch up everyone and to listen to my friend Lisa who I have gotten to go mostly paleo do such a good job explaining it to everyone else at the table. So proud. Kids was not too bad last night despite the afternoon football game. Went to the store on my way home. Meant to clean and cook but wasn't feeling fabulous after my not so compliant dinner (see below) and went to bed and slept pretty badly. I was convinced I might throw up and would have to find subs for the 2 classes I'm signed up to sub this week but I finally fell asleep and I feel fine today (just a bit scratchy in the throat). Really want to try and get the kitchen cleaned up before work today and get in at a reasonable time. I'm teaching the 7pm WIM class tonight and the 9:30am class tomorrow. Finally confirmed that my husband's work party is Jan 25th so my friend Lisa and I are going to do the 21 Day Sugar Detox starting the 1st. I need to go get a new planner and write out the meal plans now and really commit to this. Going to suspend my CSA for the weeks I'm doing it as well as I'm going to try and follow her specific plan and I won't be able to eat much fruit. 

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, coffee with splash of egg nog and gelatin

M2: burger with mozzarella cheese, fries, tomato basil bisque, cannoli, black coffee

M3: grain free gnocchi (cappello's), organic pasta sauce, sauteed mushrooms, mozzarella, kombucha

Yay, you were able to find something decent on the menu.  Weird that they didn't bring you a ramekin of the aoli.

Must have been a bad night for sleeping.   Hope you are able to feel better once you are up and moving, sounds like another busy day!

I'm not sure what my plan is for January, but I know I'll need one after some definite off-roading over the next two weeks.

You sound like the total exercise bomb!  How great to realize you're stronger than you thought you were!!  Planning for that 21 day detox is the smart way to go.  I think I ordered that book and WF2, but I can't remember - gotta wait for Christmas and see!  

Morning! Had a pretty average Monday. The heat vent in my office is reflecting off my window which means I'm getting cold air blown on me all day and I was so very very cold yesterday that I finally closed the blinds which helped a little bit. Stomach was unsettled most of the day so I waited until almost 1:30 to eat M2 and then didn't really eat again until after I taught as I didn't feel hungry. Pretty sure this is all backlash from my lousy food weekend. My class went great. We got new lights in the pool so it is nice and bright in there now instead of the dark mood lighting. Wish we had gotten them before I did my video though. We got our microphone back too and it lasted the entire class. Yay! Starting to feel some sort of sinus thing coming on again. Woke up with a sore throat and stuffed ears this morning. Should have gone to bed earlier last night. ACV tea last night and this morning. Teaching again this morning and then the plan is to go back for bodypump tonight. We'll see how I'm feeling.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, kraut, coffee with splash of egg nog and gelatin, small grapefruit

M2: lamb burger with mayo, baby broccolini with butter, spring mix and sliced pear with homemade vinegrette

8 oz black coffee, 8 oz Aztec Hot Chocolate made with coconut milk (so good!)

Exercise: Teach WIM

M3: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, 2 carrots, kraut, honeycrisp apple, kombucha

acv/honey tea with gelatin

Archived