Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

The viruses are ongoing aren't they!  My daughter was Ms. Snot Nose yesterday and I could feel things trying to set in last night.  ACV Power Activate!  Hopefully it is just a small one that passes quickly.  My only other thought faced with the onslaught of impending colds is, "Thankfully it's this week and not next week."  ;)  By the way, lamb burger and later honeycrisp apples - you are doing things well!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure the previous thing was entirely cleared up...I've still had a slight cough and feeling lung congested. I think all the garbage food this weekend just made it flare up again. Feeling a little better this afternoon. ACV Power Activate indeed!

My class went well this morning. I had everything placed exactly the same as last night but got ridiculous feedback and had to take the microphone off to continue. Oh well. 

I'm very scatterbrained today so I'm glad class went so well. I got to work and upstairs and realized I brought my gym bag in instead of my lunch bag, fixed that and made my lunch came back to my office and realized my purse was not there, wasn't in my car, drove home and it was in the chair. *sigh*

Sadly I woke up in the middle of the night hacking up a lung. Read for a while and finally fell back asleep for the most part. Lots of tossing and turning. Didn't get up until 10. Going to spend most of my day at home. Going to go out to coffee with my friend who doesn't seem phased by my cold and I'm going to probably go into work for an hour in the afternoon. Our CG is meeting at MOD Pizza tonight so I'll play that one by ear. Just mostly trying to take it easy and stay out of my cold office. My kitchen is still a wreck so I may have to deal with that today despite being sick. I want to make beef broth and I think I have enough bones. I bought oxtail as well but I'm not sure how to use that for my broth. Should I just roast the oxtail, eat the meat off, and then use the bones for broth? 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs fried, bacon, 1/2 acorn squash with coconut butter, coffee with splash of egg nog and gelatin

Exercise: teach WIM

M2: spring mix, 4 or 5 carrots, pear, fresh mozzarella, tuna made with mayo, homemade vinaigrette

black coffee, hot chocolate made with coconut milk, kombucha

Snack: apple and raw cheddar

Exercise: BodyPump

M3: 2 grass fed hot dogs with mayo and mustard, carrots, kraut 

I'm sorry about the bad night!  I wish your cold would go away already!  I made oxtail soup last year and it was so gross - kind of gloopy!  Now I know it was just the geletin coming out, which is a good ting, but at the time it creeped me out.  LOL  I made my husband give this year's oxtail to his dad.  Anyway, I would put the whole thing in the crockpot and start the broth and then pick off the meat half way through...  That would be easier with fewer dishes.

Thanks Jen! I might try that. Reading through Nom Nom Paleo's cookbook which I got yesterday she seems to put oxtail and bones and chicken feet and short ribs in her bone broth. Yesterday my desire to eat healthy homecooked food lost to my desire not to clean my kitchen and when I went into work for a brief hour I picked up Thai food on the way home. The food was good. The spices helped. Though I probably didn't need so much rice. Spent most of the day watching tv, coughing, and drinking acv tea and water. Fun. I did get another box of nail goodies from Julep yesterday so spent some time redoing my manicure a sparkling purple color. :) We are supposed to have our Pathfinder group over tonight. I know my husband doesn't want to cancel it. I feel like I should at least warn people I'm sick though. Probably will order food rather than cook as cooking for people is a sure why to spread the love. 

Food Yesterday:

M1 (at like 10:30am): 4 fried eggs, bacon, kraut, coffee with egg nog and gelatin

kombucha

M2/M3 (at like 5pm): Tom Ka Soup with Chicken, Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce, Garlic Beef with White Rice - too much food probably but I ate it spread out over 3 hours. I shouldn't have waited so long to eat but I wasn't really hungry most of the day.

Feeling much better today. I'm still coughing but it isn't quite so bad. I never coughed up anything that wasn't clear this go around which makes me wonder if this was just my body getting rid of the last bits of what I had before and/or too much dairy recently. Stayed home again yesterday with the extra excuse of waking up to 2 inches of snow. I know that isn't a lot but in this part of the country it doesn't take much to cause chaos on the roads and my boss was staying home too so why make myself more sick. Got some more chores done and lots of tv watching. I'm trying to be better at keeping up the areas that are clean while targeting at least one small portion of the clutter every day. Yesterday I focused on our kitchen table going through tons of mail and other stuff that had accumulated there. Felt good to get that done. Now the trick is keeping it that way. ;) Did my nails again as the purple glitter polish all started pealing off yesterday (bummer). I might need to start buffing my nails before I paint them if I'm going to keep them polishes all the time. Got the 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook in the mail Thursday (now I have 2 meal plans to choose from and more recipes) and an order of beauty supplies from 100% Pure yesterday. I've been trying to find eye makeup that is cleaner but is still a pressed powder and I think I may have finally done that from this company. I had ordered the primal life organics new makeup but adding water to the powders never was the right consistency for me and it is more work than I want to do in the morning. I got a blackberry mascara too that smells heavenly! 

Anyway...feeling well enough to drag myself to BodyPump/CX this morning. Getting my hair cut and colored this afternoon and then babysitting after that. 

One confession to make: I ate a slice of my husband's regular pepperoni pizza yesterday. It was not worth it. Just thought I would put that out there. The rest of my food the last couple of days has been touch and go. Too much rice on Thursday and gluten free pizza for dinner. Yesterday was actually pretty on target aside from the pizza incident.

Glad you are finally starting to feel better.  An extra day of rest is just what the doctor ordered.

Interesting about the pizza.  That is one thing I really miss.  I'm almost scared to try it at this point!   :o

Need to do my nails today, I have two blues that my son picked out for me (with some guidance from me or they would have been neon blue!).

What's wrong with neon blue? ;)

Pump/cx went well...no coughing fits...did have to take some weight off in the back track because I was afraid I was going to drop it on my head. More breaks than normal in CX and then my friend the instructor says that should be my next program and I'm like...hmmm...pump first...need more core strength to teach CX.

Hey all. Yes I've been feeling better! Just been being lazy about posting. Food has been off and I'm looking forward to reigning it in for the 21 day sugar detox. I'm going to do level 2 so I can still have my high quality dairy on occasion. I need to clean the fridge out of fruit in the next week. I taught Monday night and only had one student. So weird! I'm emergency subbing this morning so hopefully people show up! Probably going to try and work from home today as my apartment is such a disaster and I'd like to try my work for 30 chores for 30 thing to try and get more done. Dinner with the inlaws was good yesterday. Didn't question the ham (I was assured it was gluten free). I ate a very small couple of bites of the instant mashed potatoes and a very small gloop of ranch dressing on my salad. Brought a paleo sweet potato casserole and the apple pie from Gather (though my crust came out very crumbly and then the bottom seemed to dissolve when I added the filling) and both were good and got rave reviews from the inlaws. I got Make it Paleo from them so ended up answering a lot of questions about the hows and the whys of how I eat. Overall it was a good visit and a lovely day.

Checking in. How is everyone doing? My chest and shoulders are super sore from boot camp yesterday. Going to pump/cx this morning but going to go lighter on my weights I think. I had a better food day yesterday than I have been having lately. I'll fully admit to eating olive oil potato chips dipped in sour cream for dinner on Thursday.  :rolleyes: Not my most shining moment. My main issue is that I have been feeling to lazy to cook. I made a fabulous meal plan for this week but without follow through it is just stuff written on paper. I also have a fridge full of produce still and am supposed to pick up my CSA today. Ugh. I put my CSA on hold for the duration of my 21 day sugar detox so hopefully I can get a handle on this again. Not sure what to do with all my fruit. If I dehydrate it it will last a long time on the shelf right? In other fantastic news I left my phone on my bed last night and one of the cats puked all over it (and my bed). We cleaned it up and it looks fine but the touchscreen is not responsive anymore. Awesome. So hopefully Verizon will help me today because it is an account through my husbands work and I don't really want to wait until the person in charge of those comes back from vacation. First world problems I know.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 3 fried eggs, bacon, coffee with gelatin

Exercise: Bootcamp 1 hr

Post-WO: Protein shake (canned pumpkin, gelatin, water, splash of coconut milk, honey, spices)

M2: grass fed burger with raw cheddar and mayo, leftover sweet potato casserole, kombucha

snacked on some raw cheddar in the afternoon while I was putting off cooking

M3: Omelette made with several handfuls of baby spinach, a can of wild caught salmon, 4 eggs, raw cheddar - made the lemon dill sauce for it too. Probably should not have eaten the entire thing...this was definitely 2 meals worth of protein. 

Morning all! Yesterday started well and quickly fell off the rails. Had a great breakfast and pump/cx class but neglected to bring something with me to eat after class. Went to Verizon and found out that my phone is covered by the protection plan but I needed a corporate password and address to file a claim. Went to the farm to get my produce. By the time I was driving home it was well after noon and I was starving and very sore from my combined workouts (I did go lighter in pump but still was crazy sore). So I went and got Thai food, brought it home and ate it while doing stuff on the computer, starting playing Star Wars and just kept on doing that.  :rolleyes: When the husband finally got home from work we got the phone claim done (getting my new phone on Tuesday) and he asks for food. I told him I was feeling too tired and lazy to cook for me much less him and me and suggested we go out. He says he's too lazy to put his shoes back on and suggests ordering pizza. So we did. I got gluten free crust. But it was still pizza. At least I didn't eat the whole thing this time. Need to get all the crap out of the house (and all the fruit) before Wednesday and get myself cooking and planning again. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs scrambled into sauteed spinach, bacon, black coffee

Exercise: Pump/CX fusion class

M2: garlic beef with jasmine rice, fresh rolls with peanut sauce, kombucha

M3: gluten free pizza with sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, garlic, feta, mozzarella, pesto sauce, and chicken, orange, square of dark chocolate

I said to myself this while reading your last post "how sad that getting crap out of the house means eating it in my book". Still funny how many ppl consider our "crap" a healthy food.

Glad you re better  ;)

P.S regarding nails and chipping. Extra steps that most of ppl are lazy to do, but that save manicure for days with cooking/cleaning. First, extra fat-free nail to start. Second, good base and topcoats. There is nothing compared to Seche Vite. I swear by it and I've tried everything on the market. Third, sad as it is, some polishes are just badly formulated. My current obsession is Marc Jacobs. Pricy? Totally, but it's a dream to apply. Moreover - it's been 4 days of cooking and cleaning, and my "ideal Lola red" nails show no sign of chipping away or being dull. Dreaaaam. 

Sadly eating the crap food is often my way as well. I just don't think I consume all the food I need to get rid of before I start my next challenge. Some stuff will just get put away. I will probably give away most of my fruit.

I've been using Julep polish, base, and topcoat. My manicure usually lasts 3 days without chipping which is amazing considering I never used to make it an hour. I'm generally pretty lazy about making sure my polish is on neatly and letting things dry properly which doesn't help and I'm pretty awful to my nails in general. I have so much polish colors I don't mind changing it every 3-4 days to be honest. :)

I've been using the Seche Vite top coat, and it just peels off the tips after a day or so of washing dishes/cooking.  Ugh!  And I use a good base coat as well!  As you say, first world problems.   :P

Sorry about your phone, but you just have to hang in until tomorrow.  As for food, I think it is really hard to get motivated at the moment, especially when you have the 21 day challenge coming up.  Just a couple more days...

Sour cream - yum!  We used some in our recipes the past week and I loved licking the spoon.  No more.  No more!   Good luck preparing mentally for you 21 day detox.  I finally ordered the book, but it won't arrive for at least a week.  

I decided to do Level 2 as dairy seems to be just fine with me and I mostly want to get off grains completely again and cut back on sugar to see what differences that alone does so sour cream is still ok! Woo! ;)

Yesterday I could not decide if I was still sore from my workouts or if I was getting sick. Yuck. I was feeling off in the tummy too which didn't help. I made it through the day though so I guess I was fine. Went to bed way too late but didn't set an alarm and slept until 9 am. I'm not entirely sure what time I went to bed but I think I got at least 8 hours of sleep. So needed! I did make sure I set an alarm for tomorrow when I got up today as I'm teaching tomorrow morning at 9:30. Had more weird teaching dreams last night too. I'm teaching at 7pm tonight and I need to commit 2 new tracks to memory today. I could teach what I taught last week but I personally get bored and I want to keep moving forward. 

I've decided that I need to take back control of this apartment this week and am setting a goal of getting 1 room clean and picked up (not organized just picked up) each day this week. Plan is to tackle the kitchen today so I can get back to cooking regularly again. I also need to make myself be in bed by 10 pm and no more playing Plants vs Zombies in bed.  :rolleyes:

We'll see how it goes. Please ask me about it. I need the accountability.

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, bacon, leftover sweet potato casserole, coffee with gelatin

M2: (California Pizza Kitchen) half Caesar salad with grilled chicken (forgot to have them take off the croutons and I ate them), spinach and artichoke dip with tortilla chips (which I shared with my friend), (Starbucks) grande eggnog latte

M3: (Garlic Jim's) Leftover gluten free pizza from last night, kombucha, apple

I've been using the Seche Vite top coat, and it just peels off the tips after a day or so of washing dishes/cooking.  Ugh!  And I use a good base coat as well!  As you say, first world problems.   :P

Wow is all I can say. Who would have thought that it's that individual too. Maybe I have miracle nails :)

I've been using Julep polish, base, and topcoat. My manicure usually lasts 3 days without chipping which is amazing considering I never used to make it an hour. I'm generally pretty lazy about making sure my polish is on neatly and letting things dry properly which doesn't help and I'm pretty awful to my nails in general. I have so much polish colors I don't mind changing it every 3-4 days to be honest. :)

Haha true, that's why I never do shellac or gel, I get bored too quick. However I am a neat freak to the very last bit, so I don't mind spending an hour doing nails properly. I do mind doing it every 2 days. Julep didn't work for me, but as said before, it seems to be individual. Quite a surprise for me. 

Anywho, hooray for many polishes and sugar detox. Why don't you dehydrate fruits as you said? 

Anywho, hooray for many polishes and sugar detox. Why don't you dehydrate fruits as you said? 

How long will the dehydrated fruits keep? I have yet to pull my dehydrator out of the box so might be a good project to go through those over the week. Do I need recipes to do it or do I just cut them up and stick them in? I've never done it before.

Oh and the main 2 reasons I went with Julep is the no formaldehyde and it is a local company I want to support. I'm much more pleased with them than with Sally Hanson's which is what I used to use and I'm pretty sure the price is pretty close to the same.

I just cut up and place it there following temperature instructions that came with it. Depends if you want chewy or crunchy. They will keep forever in airtight container. So, fear not. 

Oh I didn't know that Julep is local for you. Great that you support them (and here they are 2,5 times more expensive than SH btw). SH is beeeeeeeeeh though. Nasty formula that wrecks nails. 

Essie :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Archived