Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

So I managed quite a bit of win yesterday despite having a gurgly tummy most of the day. Did dishes until I ran out of hot water, then reviewed/scripted the new tracks I wanted to teach last night, then showered, then several trips to the track/recycling (yay 4th floor apartment  :rolleyes: ), then finished up the dishes. So the kitchen got entirely picked up yesterday but I still need to clean it (scrub counters and floor and appliances). Went to cook a hamburger for lunch and the patties I bought the other day (had 2 left) looked nasty even though I had yet to pass the freeze by date so I tossed them and went to Whole Foods and got a burger and sweet potato fries. I think I need to not get the fries anymore. I think they upset my stomach. Oh well. Went to work for a few hours. Came home and reviewed my notes for my class, went to the gym early to practice, and had a great class. Came home and ate minimally and showered. Got into bed at 10 pm and finished my meal plan for the rest of the week and read Paleo magazine and then my book. Just couldn't fall asleep. Tummy just was gurgling. I'm so hoping this is from something I ate and not sick. Need to get through class this morning. I think we are going to a game night tonight and picking up friends from the airport at 10:30. Goals for today is to get my food prep work done, scrub the kitchen, and clean the bathrooms.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, bacon, leftover sweet potato casserole, black coffee with gelatin

M2: bunless burger with bacon, avocado, sauteed mushrooms, cheddar, and sweet potato fries

Exercise: Practice/Teach WIM

M3: recovery shake (gelatin, pumpkin, water, spices, honey, a little vanilla ice cream), raw cheddar, apple

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I inspired you Emma! Sadly I didn't do a great job of motivating myself yesterday. Not getting a good nights sleep didn't help at all. I probably should have come home and napped after my class. Instead I played Star Wars all day. Oh well. Today is a new day and a new year. More later!

I hope your tummy is better and your kitchen is clean. :)  I cannot go to bed without cleaning the kitchen.  When I try, I end up getting  out of bed to go do the dishes.  LOL  I'm not a neat freak.  For some reason I just need the dishes done.  Happy New Year! 

I've been thinking a lot about the correlation of the cleanliness of my kitchen and the cleanliness of my food choices. I want to try and get in a better pattern of keeping my apartment clean and getting it organized and such, but when I think about it all I get very overwhelmed and escape into my Tivo or a computer game. So I'm going to make my daily/weekly to do lists and project lists. I'm going to attempt to be disciplined about using tv and game time as a reward for productive work. BUT I'm going to prioritize for the month of January going to bed with a clean kitchen. I'm going to make it the only thing I HAVE to do for housework until it is a habit. Then I will pick something else and hope that the habits grow and not just change. ;)

Got off to a decent start on my 21 Day Sugar Detox despite not being as prepared as I had planned. Kitchen is still a disaster and I again wasted an entire day playing Star Wars, but I didn't eat anything off plan. Stayed up way to late the night before. Last night I went to bed at a decent hour but didn't fall asleep until maybe 11:30? Slept until 8:30 though so feeling much more awake today.

Food Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, 2 strips of bacon, 1/4 cup of kraut, 24 oz black coffee with 1 tbs gelatin (was supposed to have worth your wait crustless quiche (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook) but I didn't take the time to make it the night before.

M2: can of slipjack tuna with mayo and dill, whole cucumber sliced and sprinkled with real salt

M3: 2 lamb burgers (1 was very small) with mayo, carrot & beet salad (2 servings) (both recipes from 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

Snacks: 8 oz kombucha, ~3 oz fresh mozzarella 

Are you playing The Old RepublicHow is it? Nevermind.  It must be horribly addictive based on some posts  ;)   How do you like it?  People ahve tried getting me to play with them but I've resisted thus far.  I like Star Wars, but I've never tried any MMORPGs.

Are you playing The Old RepublicHow is it? Nevermind.  It must be horribly addictive based on some posts  ;)   How do you like it?  People ahve tried getting me to play with them but I've resisted thus far.  I like Star Wars, but I've never tried any MMORPGs.

Yes I am. My husband got me hooked on it almost exactly 2 years ago. I had/have played WoW from beta so it wasn't new to me format wise. As MMORPGs go it is a good system. I have found some of them to be too confusing. I really like the challenge of the questing and the story format of this game. I go through periods of "can't step away" and not playing for months on end. A lot of depends on what else is going on in my life at the time. Are you a gamer in other genres? 

Morning all! The way I felt yesterday (and today) is reinforcing how very much I needed some structure and a reset. I had a low grade headache all day yesterday and was super hungry most of the day. I knew I was overdoing it with sugar and grains but the point is being driven home. Hopefully this too shall pass. Had a recipe emergency last night when I got home and realized that the "no-honey mustard sauce" I needed to make for my salmon required my pureeing and cooking down green apples and letting them cool for an hour. Considering how hungry I was and that I had BodyPump in a couple hours I decided to just wing it and mix mustard and mayo together for the sauce. It came out just fine. I may make that apple puree this weekend and freeze it in ice cube trays so I have it for future recipes. BodyPump was good though I felt weak where I don't normally and had to lower weights a few times. From the detox? Lack of sleep? Just not going as frequently? Got home around 8:45 and made a recovery shake (awful without the honey...going to get/freeze green tipped bananas to add to them) and showered and put myself in bed before 10 (still with a messy kitchen) and started reading. I was up until after midnight. *sigh* At one point my Kindle fell on my face and hit me in the lip (ouch). Should have put lights out then. My mind is racing with some gym stuff which didn't help. Was sleeping fine once I fell asleep and then my husbands alarm went off twice before 6 am and I never fell back asleep (of course he didn't get up either and did fall back asleep). Grrr. Finally got up around 6:45. Contemplating going for an outdoor run this morning. It's been a long time and I've been missing it. My GPS watch was deader than dead so I stuck it on the charger. Will try to clean up the kitchen and see how far it has gotten when I'm done. Going to skip out of work in the afternoon to go see The Hobbit with hubby. Need to remember not to accept the free popcorn that comes with the expensive tickets at the fancy theater. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 fried eggs, bacon, 24 oz black coffee (ack no vegetables...bad Bethany)

M2: lamb burger with mayo, carrot & beet salad (2 servings) (both recipes from 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

snack: 1 oz fresh mozzarella, 8 oz citrus kombucha

M3: no-honey mustard pecan crusted salmon (~4oz) (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), chopped romaine heart with leftover mayo/mustard sauce as dressing

Exercise: 1 hr BodyPump (release 81)

snack: recovery shake - 1/2 can pumpkin, water, splash of organic whole milk, spices, 2 tbs gelatin, stomach was growling again around midnight so also had 1 oz raw cheddar

(ack no vegetables...bad Bethany)

What? no. please don't talk to yourself that way. You are great! You just made a slightly not so good choice for breakfast...you are still great.  :)  sorry for the detox symptoms...I too am feeling a little tiny bit differently (hungrier?) on whole30 than I was off it. Just another sign that I was due for a little reset.

What? no. please don't talk to yourself that way. You are great! You just made a slightly not so good choice for breakfast...you are still great.  :)  sorry for the detox symptoms...I too am feeling a little tiny bit differently (hungrier?) on whole30 than I was off it. Just another sign that I was due for a little reset.

LOL! I knew as soon as I hit post that i would catch flack for that comment. ;) It was mostly tongue in cheek. Mostly. ;)

Yes I am. My husband got me hooked on it almost exactly 2 years ago. I had/have played WoW from beta so it wasn't new to me format wise. As MMORPGs go it is a good system. I have found some of them to be too confusing. I really like the challenge of the questing and the story format of this game. I go through periods of "can't step away" and not playing for months on end. A lot of depends on what else is going on in my life at the time. Are you a gamer in other genres? 

I play console games.  I have a dinosaur computer that probably couldn't handle most games ;)  At one point we had a Wii, 360, and PS3.  The 360 broke, sold the Ps3, and Santa just upgraded us to a WiiU.  I play the 'lame' games though.  No shoot'em up for me.  I play sports games, Mario, Zelda, etc., and the LEGO games.  I also collect/build real LEGO.  I am twelve.  ;)

I play console games.  I have a dinosaur computer that probably couldn't handle most games ;)  At one point we had a Wii, 360, and PS3.  The 360 broke, sold the Ps3, and Santa just upgraded us to a WiiU.  I play the 'lame' games though.  No shoot'em up for me.  I play sports games, Mario, Zelda, etc., and the LEGO games.  I also collect/build real LEGO.  I am twelve.  ;)

LOL. We have 2 360's, an XBOX One (fun talking to the tv), and a PS4. My husband works for one of those shoot'em up game companies. I like to play the Kinect games and will also to admit to being 12 in that I love Skylanders. 

I HATE that my husband's alarm goes off earlier than mine every single day but he never gets up.  He goes back to sleep.  I end up awake earlier than I want.  Grrrr! 

My husband's alarm also goes off early, but he does get up at least.  Glad that you are feeling like the reset is helping already, hope all the bad symptoms are done!

Usually I am up before my husband as he is not a morning person so the alarm going off before mine is rare. Everything has been off with the holidays. I think he intended to go to work early this morning but didn't.

Good afternoon! Not a terribly productive day but I resisted all the treats at the movie theater. Yay! Of course ordering an iced tea for a three hour movie while you are coming off of overdoing grain/sugar is not super smart and I had to run and find the bathroom in the middle. And seeing a movie in the middle of the day kind of saps my energy.

I did get out for my run yesterday and it was lovely though I'm definitely feeling it today. Need to start being purposeful about it again if I want to be ready to do a couple of halfs this summer.

Slept better last night. I think I turned the light out around 11ish and I woke up at 7:30 to the alarm. Woke before that once or twice but went back to sleep. Hit snooze 3 times.  :rolleyes:

Went to BodyPump/CX today and made it through with my regular weight selections which made me feel better. Today I'm going to see the Hunger Games with a very pregnant friend and then we have a white elephant party tonight with some church friends. Trying to decide if I want to make a compliant treat to bring with me or just not bring anything. 

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: carrot and apple breakfast hash (21 day sugar detox cookbook - I used sweet potato instead of carrot as per the athletic adjustments), 1/4 cup kraut, 24 oz black coffee with gelatin.

Exercise: 3 mile easy run

Snack: recovery shake - pumpkin, water, splash of whole milk, green apple slices, spices, 2 tbs gelatin

M2: no-honey mustard pecan crusted salmon (~4oz) (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), chopped romaine heart with mayo and homemade vinaigrette as dressing

Snack: 1 oz raw cheddar, 8 oz gingeraide kombucha

M3: 2 mustard glazed chicken thighs, golden beets with crispy herbs (both recipes from 21 day sugar detox)

Had some herbal tea after dinner because I was wanting something else and I had another piece of cheese later because I was feeling hungry. I need to make the beef jerky as I think that would be a better snack.

Congrats on the Moderator title!

Glad you were able to resist at the movie.  And I bet if felt great to get outside and run, I'm looking forward to that, although I think it will be the dreadmill tomorrow.

My son's favorite two games are Minecraft and Skylanders.  He got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and was actually jumping up and down with happiness.  Let me rephrase that, we got the Xbox 360 for the "family", but I don't play at all, so it was really for my husband and son.

Thanks Sara!

My husband plays Minecraft too. He's always watching the live casts of all these minecraft guys. It's so weird. ;)

Resisted snacks at the movies again today. I think I should have had something more carby at lunch after my workout though because I got a little light headed by the time I got home. I also avoided water so I wouldn't have to get up and go to the bathroom during the movie. 

You are doing awesome as a moderator!  It's fun having you over on the Whole30 forum.  My kids and I watched the youtube clip you posted somewhere of making mayo - I remember you mentioning your version before, but seeing it was good.  We haven't really discovered mayo yet, but that's partly because it was a hassle to make.  I dig the immersion blender version.

Good morning all! The white elephant party last night was fun and I didn't touch any of the food. Just sipped on water and enjoyed good conversation. I ended up drawing number 1 so didn't end up with an entirely horrible gift like last year as I got last steal opportunity. Got home and was so tired and a little hungry. Stayed up a bit too late watching through WIM stuff I want to learn and reading. Probably did lights out around midnight? Woke up a little before husband got home (2:30am) and when he did get home (not sure how much later) and then mostly slept until the alarm went off at 7:30am. Weird dreams. Church today and my last Sunday doing kids ministry. We are starting a Saturday service next week and I'm going to do kids ministry on that night so my husband and I can start attending the service I was doing kids ministry at. We'll see how that goes.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: carrot-apple skillet breakfast hash (with sweet potato instead of carrot 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), kraut, 24 oz black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: BodyPump/CX fusion class

M2: 2 mustard glazed chicken thighs, steamed broccoli with grass fed butter and real salt

Snack: ~1 oz raw cheddar, 8 oz gingerade kombucha

M3: Asian-style meatballs, fresh cabbage & bok choy slaw (21 Day Sugar Detox) I skipped the bok choy in the slaw because I wasn't feeling so into the prep work. I was supposed to have no-miso soup as well but just pulled a cup of broth instead but it was too hot to drink before I had to leave.

Snack: ~1 oz raw cheddar 

Archived