Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

A friend mixed my first Natural Calm for me, but I think she gave me like 1/4 tsp! Ha! Not sure it's necessary to back off that much, but taking a night or two off and then going super slowly wouldn't hurt.

Good to know on the parsnips - I'm making a grocery run after work tonight, so I may have to add that to the list! Thanks!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might give it a day, but if you feel a lot better, maybe try again tonight with the same or smaller dose? I've never taken more than a heaping teaspoon, even though if I remember right the directions say to work up to 2tsp. But that may just be because I'm cheap. ;) I hope it helps with the sleep!

Natural Calm never agreed with me.  I started slowly and built up to a large dose.  I definitely had the gurglies at times, but it caused severe agitation for me.  I take a different type of magnesium now, and it works great.  But you know the saying, YMMV.  I would give it a few more nights and see if you you adjust to it.  I know a lot of people have huge success with NC.

I didn't take any natural calm last night and I don't have gurgly tummy this morning. But I also woke after about 3 hours of sleep and had trouble going back to sleep. Snoozed my alarm the 3 allowed times and then ended up not getting up for another 1.5 hours. Making me a little stressed this morning as I have a memorial to attend at 11. Should have just gotten up. Went to bed after 1 am because I was out dancing so getting up at 9 am sure felt right until I thought about all I had to do this morning.

Overall had a good day yesterday. Ran into my group fitness manager as I was coming and she was going and had a really great chat. Went to cxworx, practiced WIM, and ran 2 miles. Talked to my mom for a while and my parents are going to come see me at the end of February for my birthday (now I have an unpacking deadline...hopefully that helps). Dancing last night was super fun.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: Pizza Frittata (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), black coffee

Exercise: cxworx, practice WIM, run 2 miles on the dreadmill

M2: chicken strips, no honey mustard sauce, roasted garlic parsnip mash (all from 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

8oz kombucha

M3: cabbage-wrapped dumplings (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook), apple spice "granola" (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook) and whole milk (I didn't need this...not sure why I ate it

Exercise: Lindy Hop! :)

snack: raw cheddar, green apple

Quick update and then I need to get on with my day. I didn't really get on the forum that much this weekend. Saturday was the memorial service for my friend from the gym that passed away. It was a beautiful service with equal amounts of crying and laughter but it was emotionally draining and I kind of collapsed on the couch the rest of the day. Yesterday was the Les Mills launch at the gym so I went to BodyPump at 8:30 and CX at 10:30 and then to the grocery store and didn't eat lunch until almost 2pm. Attended the 4pm church service and spent most of the rest of the day cooking and playing WoW with the husband. Kitchen is such a disaster. Fridge and freezer desperately need to be cleaned out, organized, and inventoried. 21 Day Sugar Detox is going well. I am not really feeling any different than I normally do when I'm eating strictish paleo. I think I like my Whole30 template style meals better than some of the ones in her meal plans. I'm going to persevere through to the end and then I have some ideas for how I want to go forward. My parents will be here the 22nd through the 27th of February for my birthday so may consider doing a W30 in March as I'm sure we will eat out at least once per day while they are here. I think my plan for between the end of the 21DSD and then will be Paleo at home following the template but allowing for grass fed butter and natural sweeteners and one treat max per day. Primal when eating socially (allowing for dairy and non-gluten grains) and limiting social eating to max of 2x a week. I think I'm also going to pick one cookbook per week to meal plan out of. Anyway, need to get started on chores now. I'll be back on later I'm sure. :)

Yesterday was a pretty good day though I stayed up way too late because I decided to play "a little" Skylanders last night. *sigh* Got most of the kitchen cleaned up. I worked on it after breakfast until I ran out of hot water and then came home for lunch and worked on it again until I ran out of hot water. Planned on doing that after dinner too but got sucked into my game. I'm going home for lunch again today and will work on it some more. Got some good WIM practice in and a 2 mile run and some pushups and planks in the afternoon yesterday. In for BodyPump this morning. I took 1/4 tsp of natural calm last night and fell asleep quickly (good for me but not my progress in my book). Woke in the middle of the night (didn't look at the time) shivering violently so put on a long sleeved shirt and crawled back into bed. Got really hot after that and then I was fine. Huh?  :huh: I don't feel sick at all so not sure where that came from. Woke again at some point to use the bathroom around 4:30 I think (I did look at the phone that time) and took me a while to go back to sleep. Probably got about 6 hours all said and done, maybe a little more.

The meal plan for today in the 21 Day Sugar Detox cookbook called for butternut squash pancakes. I made the batter (including 4 of my expensive eggs and 2 cups of almond flour) and then proceeded to fill my apartment with smoke and burn every single one. I don't even like pancakes so I don't know what I bothered. Binned them and made eggs and kale instead. What a waste of time and ingredients. I think this pan needs to be tossed too...it smokes every time I use it.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee with gelatin

M2: grass fed hamburger with raw cheddar and mayo, sweet potato soup (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

Exercise: practice WIM, with 6 riser bench: 10 regular pushups, 10 tricep pushups (low range of motion), ~45 second plank, ~ 25 second side planks, 2 mile easy run

Post-WO: Recovery shake - pumpkin, 1/2 banana, 2 tbs gelatin, spices, water

M3: chicken adoba, mushroom soup (both from 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

Before bed: 8oz kombucha, 1/4 tsp of natural calm in water

I am terrible at making pancakes and I don't like the much either. I love crepes tho. So much fun to stuff them with various veggies (aaaaand almond butter).  

Come on, clean it all up! I'll nag here so you can get your kitchen in order and do nails! 

I am terrible at making pancakes and I don't like the much either. I love crepes tho. So much fun to stuff them with various veggies (aaaaand almond butter).  

Come on, clean it all up! I'll nag here so you can get your kitchen in order and do nails! 

LOL! I have had more success with crepes then pancakes. Mmmmm crepes. 

I got the kitchen done tonight. Yay! Well I still need to wash down the cabinet fronts and clean the floor. I'm going to do that tomorrow and hopefully get some stuff picked up and run the vacuum which is a very overdo chore. Can't wait to see how many cat's worth of fur I suck up.  :rolleyes:

I finally got my box from Julep today. Actually it came last week but the mailman didn't bother to put a notice in my mailbox. Today I came home to a "did you forget your package" note from my apartment complex. Nope I didn't know...different then forget.  :rolleyes:

This month's colors are a white, a shimmery neutral purple (not explaining that right but not sure how to), and a brown color.

Because I played Skylanders tonight no nails, but tomorrow. Which color should I do? 

Off to bed soon. Starting to see cross eyed.

Bethany, good job on getting the kitchen done :)

Skylanders (and such games) is such a great marketing piece by their people.  :)  We got the kids Disney Infinity for Christmas.  My wife is a total Disney dork and has shown no restraint when buying new characters "for the kids" :rolleyes:

I know, mmm crepes. Damn you, egg sensitivity  :(

Hahah Sara, there is NO green in the poll. Kidding.  What kind of green are you looking for? May bug? Khaki? Emerald? Mint-y? Deep dark green? The most subtle/everyday green is OPI Stranger Tides or Essie Da Bush (pretty much dupes). Absolute favorite is Essie Going Incognito. Stunning shade, just stunning. B's log hi-jacking  :D  :D  :D  :D 

Is white a plain creme white? My vote is for shimmery purple. Dusty shades are so winter. 

Bethany, good job on getting the kitchen done :)

Skylanders (and such games) is such a great marketing piece by their people.  :)  We got the kids Disney Infinity for Christmas.  My wife is a total Disney dork and has shown no restraint when buying new characters "for the kids" :rolleyes:

Indeed! I got all my figures out and lined them up by element and my husband was like "you bought more didn't you" and I was like "nope...these are all the ones you got for me". I need him to see if he can get the Activision rep to give him more for me. I "need" more swapforce ones. I do have a birthday coming up.

wait, was green an option? shimmery neutral purple sounds good to me.  :) 

Green wasn't on the list. Sorry Sara. My husband isn't much a fan of green so I don't do it often. Teal on occasion. I'm leaning towards the purple myself. It is a grayish purple now that I'm sitting here looking at it. The brown is more of a light cocoa color. Maybe too much like chocolate while I'm still on the sugar detox. 

I know, mmm crepes. Damn you, egg sensitivity  :(

Hahah Sara, there is NO green in the poll. Kidding.  What kind of green are you looking for? May bug? Khaki? Emerald? Mint-y? Deep dark green? The most subtle/everyday green is OPI Stranger Tides or Essie Da Bush (pretty much dupes). Absolute favorite is Essie Going Incognito. Stunning shade, just stunning. B's log hi-jacking  :D  :D  :D  :D 

Is white a plain creme white? My vote is for shimmery purple. Dusty shades are so winter. 

No crepe recipes without eggs? Log hi-jacker!!  The white has a bit of gray to it but not a lot. It says it has a satin finish. The purple has a silk finish. Of course if I use the top coat the finish will be shiny regardless. Purple seems to be the winner. I might have to save the white/silver/gray tones for the summer when I'm tan because the last time I did one it looked not quite right against my pale pale skin.

I had to take my emoticons out of my post because I got a message that my post had more emoticons than allowed. What? I think as a moderator I should be exempt. So if you think there should have been a winky after something I said there probably should have been. ;)

Good day yesterday despite feeling pretty sleepy. Got some work done at work for a change. Came home at lunch and watched a couple tracks of my WIM choreography and put a load of laundry in. Cleaned up from lunch and breakfast but didn't make any more progress on the kitchen at that point. Played Skylanders during/after dinner. Finally yanked myself away from it around 9 pm when my husband came home and started cleaning up from dinner and just kept going so now (as noted) kitchen is cleaned aside from the floors and cabinet fronts. A couple of fringe counters also need to be decluttered but the main portion that I use for cooking is all tidy. Got to bed around 10:30 probably and got up around 6:30 after snoozing 3 times. I took 1/4 tsp of natural calm. Woke several times in the night and sleep was restless. It is getting close to that time of the month though so this is somewhat "normal" Tummy hasn't been so gurgly from the natural calm. I think I will do a whole week at this dose and then try 1/2 tsp. Planning to run outside today. It is chilly but not freezing and I its not raining.

Food/Exercise Yesterday:

M1: 4 eggs, kale, bacon, black coffee with gelatin

Exercise: BodyPump 88 (this release has a brutal tricep and shoulder track - ow my arms!)

Post-WO: Smoothie (pumpkin, water, 1/2 banana, 2 tbs gelatin, spices)

M2: grass fed burger (1/3 lb), raw cheddar, mayo, sweet potato soup (21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook)

M3: smokey grilled pork chops w/ cookout coleslaw, brussels sprouts with bacon (both from 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook) - one of my favorite meals from the meal plan so far. Yum!

8 oz kombucha (gingerade), 1/4 tsp natural calm in hot water

:o Apparently I have a reading comprehension problem.  I somehow missed there were options in this poll!   :blink:

I definitely vote for the purple.

Further hijacking - Nadia - I'm thinking something darker than any of those, more conservative?

Ha, my son has been telling us he really can't play his skylander swapforce game because he doesn't have enough swappers.  (I'm not sure if I'm saying any of this correctly as it is all a foreign language to me.

:o Apparently I have a reading comprehension problem.  I somehow missed there were options in this poll!   :blink:

I definitely vote for the purple.

Further hijacking - Nadia - I'm thinking something darker than any of those, more conservative?

Ha, my son has been telling us he really can't play his skylander swapforce game because he doesn't have enough swappers.  (I'm not sure if I'm saying any of this correctly as it is all a foreign language to me.

He certainly can play. He will just be limited (like I am) in finishing some of the levels completely. There are areas you can only get into with a certain combination or type of swapforce skylander. (ok...if you didn't know I'm a geek here is proof) For example I currently have a water with climb and a fire with blast. So I can't get into the areas that require spin or speed or dig and I can't get into the areas that require a combo of say magic and fire. :D But I can still beat the level, just missing bonuses, but I can go back and do them later.

LOL about the emoticons!  Yay about the kitchen!  I'd paint my nails if it lasted more than a day.  Even wearing gloves while washing dishes, it just doesn't last.  No skylanders here.  My younger son saved up to buy it and then changed his mind. He couldn't part with the cash. LOL My husband is obsessed with Steam, though.  I have no idea what he and the boys are playing.  Well, the 9yo is playing some game where you are a mama badger and have to keep your babies alive.  It's pretty cute.  The older one is playing Civ4, I think.  Portal2 is in there, too.  I try not to pay attention. :)

Archived