Physibeth's Post-W30 Log

Physibeth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy am I getting nothing done today. I had my 3 mi run which was lovely. Got back and had a text from a former co-worker/friend who wanted to know if I wanted to have lunch with her and another former co-worker/friend. I so did! So showered, plugged in run data, changed the cat boxes and picked up some naughty kitty poo *sigh* and went to meet them for lunch. Thai food. Decided that as I'm riding my own bike I would have the Pad Thai with shrimp instead of my normal chicken. Resisted the Thai iced tea that my friends both ordered. Was given a soup that had green onions and tofu in it so just drank the broth and ignored the tofu. Feel fine...maybe a little stomach heavy. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I have 2 hours until company comes. Guess I should again extract myself from the computer.

Definitely take the day off! Everything sounds frustrating with the apartment. I actuallynalways liked moving every six to seven years because of the decluttering and throwing things out. I bought my current home 10 years ago. I should move a ton of stuff out to donation right about now.

I love everything that you cook. I so admire your adventurousness in the kitchen and also your runs!

Good morning. It is an unusually soggy day here. Not that soggy is unusual here, but it is in August. Glad I don't have to run today.  :)

I did manage to be pretty productive yesterday after I got off the computer again. Got the downstairs all cleaned up before people arrived. Still fighting with a horrible stain on one of our carpets but I covered it up for now and will go back to fighting with it later. Had a coconut cream pie larabar and a square of dark chocolate in the afternoon.

Meal 3 was a grassfed burger with cheese (not raw/pastured but tilamook which isn't the worst of brands), mayo, bubbies pickles, and yukon gold potatoes that I cubed, tossed with duck fat and garlic salt, and baked in the oven. I had a lot of potatoes from my boxes so I'm glad everyone liked there and they are now gone.  :)

We had our Pathfinder group over last night and we went late again so got to bed late and didn't re-clean up the kitchen before bed. I gave myself the check mark for it anyway as it looks far better this morning than it did yesterday morning.  :ph34r:

Managed about 8.5 hours of sleep despite waking up about 5 times. Was going to get up when my alarm went off but beefy cat was laying between me and then edge of the bed and I didn't feel like trying to make her move so I went back to sleep.  ;)

Eggs, kale, sausage, coffee, carrots for meal 1. Need to cook up my lamb chops for meal 2 and some veggies for both meals. Will have to do my meal planning at work tonight so I can do my monthly meat stock up on my way home. 

Work items are working against me today. Sigh.

Meal 2 was 2 lamb chops using recipe from Practical Paleo though only used oregano as I didn't have everything to make her greek seasoning, lightly steamed (not mushy!) green beans drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt, frozen blueberries.

Morning! I ended up being at work until 9:30 pm last night.  :wacko:

I wish I had run to PCC for a few things anyway because when I was almost all the way home I realized that I didn't have enough eggs to get me through the weekend and the chances of getting over there today are slim. Got home around 10. 

Meal 3 was spaghetti squash with more of the apple pork I made in the crock pot at the beginning of the week. Had a small handful of cashews too.

When I got home I went to cut myself a slice of my expensive raw cheddar cheese only to find it covered in moldy spots.  :angry: I should have put it in the freezer after my dairy intro. I instead ate 4 slices of Tilamook cheddar.  :ph34r: Had to talk myself out of melting it on sourdough...that bread needs to go in the freezer or trash.

Watched this week's Breaking Pointe (so much drama!) and put myself to bed. Fell asleep reading (woke up laying on my side with Kindle propped up on husband's pillow with my plastic glasses all jammed into my nose). Went to sleep properly around the same time husband came home and slept without waking until my alarm went off at 6:45 which was a nice change from the waking up every couple of hours I've had the last few days. Fell back asleep and got up around 8:30. Overall just under 8 hours of sleep.

Still pretty cloudy today but it isn't raining. Yay! I have an 11 mile run scheduled for this morning. Then I am heading to my friend's house to get my hair cut and colored at 2 pm and then I'm babysitting their daughter. Will try to get the meal plans done once the baby goes to bed and perhaps I can do my shopping trip after church tomorrow night. Might be able to squeeze some cleaning catch up in today. We shall see.

Meal 1 was 2 fried eggs and 2 apple chicken breakfast sausages and black coffee.

11 mile run went great. Didn't get rained on. Some sun breaks. A lot of wind in my face...like it was changing direction to follow me.

Meal 2 was 2 grass fed burgers with cheese, mayo, and mustard, 3 bubbies pickles, plate full of sweet and savory potatoes (from practical paleo)

11 mile run went great. Didn't get rained on. Some sun breaks. A lot of wind in my face...like it was changing direction to follow me.

)

I'm jealous! How long did it take you? Sounds like you have a nice day planned.

I'm off to visit the country town I left 38 years ago. Daughter is staying with friends nearby. Should be interesting.

I am envious of your young knees. :)  I can't run that far anymore.  After spending a summer hobbling around and wearing knee braces just to get through a 10 mile race, I gave up any thoughts of long distance running.  I stick to walking, short runs and the elliptical now.  Getting old stinks! 

Sorry about the moldy spendy cheese.  I HATE wasting food.  I just had to toss a bunch of over ripe avocados.  So sad!

I'm jealous! How long did it take you? Sounds like you have a nice day planned.

I'm off to visit the country town I left 38 years ago. Daughter is staying with friends nearby. Should be interesting.

About 2 hours and 11 minutes give or take. I'm really starting to notice the improvement in speed in a lower HR zone that comes from being a fat burner and I like it!

Enjoy your visit! I didn't get to explore any of the areas around Melbourne when I was down in Oz because I was only there for 2 days (technically my layover on my trip back to the US from Sydney).  

I am envious of your young knees. :)  I can't run that far anymore.  After spending a summer hobbling around and wearing knee braces just to get through a 10 mile race, I gave up any thoughts of long distance running.  I stick to walking, short runs and the elliptical now.  Getting old stinks! 

Sorry about the moldy spendy cheese.  I HATE wasting food.  I just had to toss a bunch of over ripe avocados.  So sad!

I don't know how young my knees are (I am 37 you know) but I didn't start running until I was 31 so haven't been abusing them for that long.  ;) I am really good about making sure I get new shoes as soon as I need them and getting fitted for the shoes. I had a lot of trouble with knee pain when I was a waitress in high school mostly from flat feet and not doing anything to strengthen the supporting muscles. I hope my knees last me a good long time with running because I love it. 

I don't even buy avocados anymore unless I know I'm going to use them because I throw so many out. Lame. I hate wasting food too which is why I need to get better at cookups. 

Rest of my day went pretty well. My friend found a new purple hair color that doesn't require bleaching the hair before applying so the hair appointment was much quicker than usual. Quite happy with how it turned out though the pink color we usually use wasn't in stock so she tried a different one that isn't quite as vibrant as what she usually uses. Was nice to have some extra time to hang out with them before they went out to dinner and left me with the kiddo who stood and stared at me for a while before she decided it was safe to play with me. Was going to do meal planning but forgot to bring my notebook I do meal planning in so I just read until they got home.

Meal 3 was can of wild salmon with mayo, medium sized cucumber, and 3 carrots. Had a bottle of kombucha after putting the baby to sleep. Was going to eat a peach but it was all mealy.  :(

Got home around 10:30 and fed the cats, ate a chocolate coconut larabar and a few cashews, and put myself to bed. Kept waking up earlier in the night then had a good block of sleep until 5 and another until 7. About 7.5 hours of sleep.

Meal 1 today is 2 fried eggs, 1 apple chicken breakfast sausage, a huge plate of sweet and savory potatoes (Practical Paleo), and black coffee.

Think I'm going to eat out for Meal 2. Need to stop by the store on the way home and get eggs, steaks for dinner, some sort of chicken to serve to our Pathfinder group that is meeting again tomorrow night, and some sort of lamb to have for lunch tomorrow. I just need to get through Tuesday and I'll hopefully be able to get my big shopping trip done then. 

About 2 hours and 11 minutes give or take. I'm really starting to notice the improvement in speed in a lower HR zone that comes from being a fat burner and I like it!

Enjoy your visit! I didn't get to explore any of the areas around Melbourne when I was down in Oz because I was only there for 2 days (technically my layover on my trip back to the US from Sydney).

It was really nice, trip down memory lane...

I used to try to run fast, best was 10km in 60 mins, heart rate 175 now I run slow most often to build my aerobic base, 6 km in 50 mins and heart rate under 150 with a once a week 6km in 42 mins. I am still waiting to reset to fat burning after too much coffee and fruit prior to my current whole 30... Plus the anaesthetic I had in may mucked me up I reckon.

Well done on making the distance and time, that's fantastic. I am 47 took up running 3 years ago. I have good stamina but poor cardio. Last year I ran a 5 km treadmill relay in 30 mins but my heart rate was 190 the whole time, not good.

Wow Juzbo! 190! Have you ever done a max HR  test? I've not, I just am going by the average numbers. I think the mistake I used to make in training was going to fast on my recover and long run days and I've been working really hard at that. I have a goal of a sub 2:30 half marathon that I'm so close to. 

Morning all! Had a lovely day yesterday! We had Dr Paul Tripp as our guest preacher yesterday and his sermon was really convicting for me. Definitely some good stuff to ponder. Went to a local Mexican restaurant for lunch called Cactus. All their food is local and organic and freshly prepared. I will openly admit the only thing on my plate that was compliant was the chicken. I had a lovely chicken enchillada on blue corn tortilla with all the fixings, spanish rice, and black beans. It was TOTALLY worth it and I didn't really feel any side effects from it. Had a venti green iced tea from Starbucks before kids ministry. Had a LOT of kids this week. It was kind of crazy. But we got through. 

Got the little bits of grocery shopping that I needed to do to get my through the beginning of the week. Bought a Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt bar and had a bite on the way home.

Meal 3 was grass fed rib eye with green beans sprinkled with salt and evoo. 

Got the rest of my food prep for today done, cleaned up the kitchen, put away the laundry, did the cat boxes, and tidied the car out so husband could take some things he sold to work with him today. (he may have gotten over zealous and may have sold some tools that belong to the landlords not us...oops) Was in bed with my book at 9:30. Was still reading at 12:30  :ph34r: Had trouble falling and staying asleep until about 1:30 and then mostly slept through the night. Was woken by my husband's alarm around 5:30 (which makes me a little angry as he didn't even get up and is still in bed). Got up with my alarm at 6:30 despite only getting 5.5 hours of sleep. I'm determined to put myself back on a 10ish to 6ish sleep schedule.

Unloaded the dishwasher and made meal 1 of eggs, kale, bacon, raw cheddar, and black coffee. Going to do a quick clean on the bathrooms after breakfast and then a 5 mile run.

Going to be a long day on so little sleep but hopefully forcing myself back onto a more reasonable sleep schedule will pay off.

What are you reading that kept you up so late? :)

Last book in the Emporer's Edge series. It isn't the worlds best writing but the character development gets you very attached and she does a good job of keeping you guessing on what might happen next.

Meal 2 was a lamb burger with mayo, sweet and savory potatoes (practical paleo), 3 bubbies pickles, 2 pluots (they were a little overripe so didn't get all the fruit off either)

Had a handful of cashews as I was feeling a bit peckish. 

Wow Juzbo! 190! Have you ever done a max HR  test? I've not, I just am going by the average numbers. I think the mistake I used to make in training was going to fast on my recover and long run days and I've been working really hard at that. I have a goal of a sub 2:30 half marathon that I'm so close to.

Only a test where they measure how long your heart takes to get to 180, I did pretty well, top 5% for my age, stayed in the 170's for ages it seemed.

I think 191 is my max heart rate, that's the highest I've been able to go with my heart rate monitor. I usually start to get a bit dizzy at 185. But as part of my adrenal fatigue recovery strategy, I pretty much stay under 160 now.

Check out sock-doc.com ... It's got some great stuff about building an aerobic base to increase speed. It was that site that lead me to whole9.

Good luck with your goal. What's your average heart rate for that?

My running will get better as I lose some of my post op weight! Took a minute off my 6km today :)

Archived