Pre/post wo "meals"

cat981

Hi all...I'm at the end of day 4 and just want to be sure I'm eating my pre/post meals correctly. For the last 4 days my pre meal has been 1-2 boiled eggs with a lot of water. Most of the time sans yolk as I'm not a huge fan of them. And post has been some grilled salmon and raw carrots. About an hr to hr and half after workout I eat my lunch. Are these meals appropriate for the meal plan?? Thanks in advance!

HB eggs are recommended for pre workout, with the yolk, as they're a great source of protein and fat - if you want to remove the yolk, you'll need to have something else fatty :) make some mayo, or have some avo :)

Personally, I'd stick to chicken breast/white fish/ turkey post work out as you're supposed to be limiting fat and going for protein and carbs.

• Moderators

Salmon is a fatty fish, but may digest quickly enough if you do not eat other sources of fat with it. I typically eat tuna packed in water as my post-workout food and that seems to work for me.

Raw carrots are not a traditional post-workout food, but I think they are okay.

The best part of an egg is the yolk. The best nutrition is in the yolk. You are really losing too much when you pass on the yolks in your pre-workout meal. The authors of the Perfect Health Diet recommend eating 3 egg yolks per day because the nutrition carried there is so important.

The timing of your meals sounds fine.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try choking down the yolks too:) I've never been a boiled egg eater so this has been a bit of a change for me but that's what the challenge is all about right??:) I'll try switching out the fish for some chicken. Def can't choke down tuna :) I'm on day 5 and had dreams of drinking a delicious diet dr pepper:) hopefully these dreams will fade away quick:)

Archived