Jeannie's Whole 30 Day 2 and Beyond

Day 21

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks with no sugar! Wow! Today was tough as I was unusually hungry. It was a good day, but I definitely felt like I wanted a treat that was sweet. I didn't have fruit last yesterday and today only once at our family dinner. My husband and family and I always used to splurge on Sundays for dinner, but lately we've been doing Whole 30 friendly dinners. It's been good. I did lots of prep today for the week and am looking forward to continuing doing this even after the Whole 30. I'm really thinking that this will become a lot of my lifestyle and hoping it suits me. :) today I did not say my mantra but I love my body because it allows be to be productive.

Food:

3 eggs w/half of a sausage and spinach w/hit sauce & 1/4 avocado

2 cups of coffee w/coconut milk

Snack (unusually hungry)

1/2 of an egg cup

2 green olives

Lunch

Sausage and a half

2 handfuls of carrots

Cup of broccoli w/tsp of ghee

( looking at this lunch I probably needed more fat to keep me satisfied)

Snack:

6 cashews & 6 Mac nuts

4 green olives

Dinner:

Skirt steak w/grilled onion & mushroom

Big bowl of salad w/romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion, 1/4 avocado, artichoke w/evoo&balsalmic

Sweet potato grilled

Had some fruit as "dessert"

Handful of cherries

Handful of berries (blue & strawberry)

Few pieces of pineapple & cantaloupe

Prob too much fruit at the end of dinner, but I've been light the past two days on it. Hopefully it doesn't hinder progress too much. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 22

Today was my last day at summer school. Exciting and a little bit of a stressful week. I am going out of town for a school trio to Zion so have lots to plan for to stay on track so close to my 30 days. I refuse to fail now. I was craving chocolate bad today. Not sure why, but I have a feeling my monthly friend is soon to make an appearance. Trying to plan my reintroduction phase after day 30. My reintroduction will happen while I'm at my Dad's on somewhat of a vacation. Plan on being on point though. :) start crossfit tomorrow and super excited about it. Hoping to see what all the excitement is about. I decided to forgo doing Kettlebells tonight since I will be doing crossfit in the am. Don't wanna burn myself out. I'm gonna post my food and enjoy my evening with my hubby. Til' tomorrow.

B:

3 egg cups made with ground turkey, onion, and spinach

1/4 avocado

4 olives

Lunch:

Albacore tuna w/home made mayo, celery in lettuce cups

1/4 avocado

Handful and a half of baby carrots

Handful of cherries

Snack:

2 hard liked eggs

6 olives

Dinner

Steak burger w/mustard

1/2 cup of sweet potato

Dinner salad w/ three beets, 4 olives, 1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, green onion w/evoo&balsalmic

Trying to limit fruit so hopefully none after dinner. :)

Day 23

One more week until day 30! Woohoo! Today was a busy and good day. I went to Crossfit first thing this am. It was great! I am taking a program that introduces you to all the moves, and terminology. They then put you through a workout. It was great. I proceeded after to go to breakfast with friends and I asked for my eggs to be scrambled with olive oil, though they offered me veggie spray. The waitress indicated olive oil was no problem, I also skipped potatoes and toast (two of my favs) in favor of avocado and fruit. :) proceeded to come home do some chores and put one rotisserie chicken in the crockpot for dinner. Went to Whole Foods and my allergy dr appt. I have not had great improvement from the Whole 30 in the allergy department, mainly because I am allergic to all grass and ragweeds which are abundant here in Vegas. :(. After my dr appt I went to a hot power vinyasa class. The chicken turned out great, and now it's time to relax. I think with day 30 getting closer I'm worried I may not be losing again. Trying to silence that voice because I feel good. :) til' tomorrow. ;)

PWO Snack:

2 jalapeño bacon egg cups

1 cup of coffee w/coconut milk

Crossfit class 60 min

PWO snack:

3/4 sausage & 1/2 cup of sweet potato

Breakfast:

3 egg scramble w/chicken, spinach, and artichoke w/avocado

Handful of fruit

Lunch:

Salmon salad w/mayo, celery, 1/4 avocado in lettuce wraps

Handful of carrots

60 min hot power vinyasa yoga class

PWO: 1 jalapeño egg cup

Dinner

1/2 cup of sweet potato

Green salad with three baby beets, 4 olives, 1 baby cucumber, 1 tomato, & green onion w/balsamic & evoo

Rotisserie chicken 1/2 breast and 1 drumstick

Trying to obtain from fruit, last night I didn't make it. I had some berries w/ a bit of coconut cream. I'm a bit hungry right now, so we'll see.

Day 24

Well, I'm deciding to log early so tonight I don't have to. I'll be taking a later class for Kettlebells, and want to be able to hang with my hubby and not my iPad. Lol. Today has been ok. I got my monthly visitor and feeling kind of blah about myself today. Not motivated to do much, though I do plan on going to Kettlebells later. Hunger has been pretty in check today and thinking about walking my doggies before Kettlebells. We'll see. Trying no to overdo it too much since tomorrow am will be crossfit again and don't wanna overdo it. Been thinking of my Whole 30 ending soon and how to follow the reintroduction to know when and how much of things I'll introduce. Trying to plan for this weekend too since I'll be out of town. Well I'm going to log what I have eaten nd what I plan to eat for later. Still trying to minimize fruit, last night I needed up having some cherries after dinner. I've been trying to only have one or two servings a day. ;)

B:

3 egg cups w/ 1/4 avocado and 4 olives

2 cups of coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch:

Salmon salad w/mayo, celery, 1/4 avocado in lettuce cups

2 handfuls of carrots

Might have a pre workout snack of hard boiled eggs

60 min Kettlebells class

Dinner:

Rotisserie chicken w/1/2 cup of sweet potato

Dinner salad w/ tomato, cucumber, green onion, three baby beets, 4 olives, &evoo&balsalmic

Til' tomorrow ;)

Day 25!

I feel freaking amazing today! Best I've felt yet. Ironically I have my lady friend visiting for her monthly visit with uncle red and I still feel like I'm bouncing off the walls w/energy. Work up and did crossfit this am. Came home and walked my dogs for 3.5 miles. Went to run some errands and went to Trader Joes. This was when it hit me, how much CRAP is in food. I thought Trader Joes (healthy) yet EVERY trail mix had some kind of oil. Even nuts that I thought wouldn't half palm or canola oil. Dressings same thing. I was traumatized yet enlightened to keep this lifestyle of WHOLE foods up. I'm not saying I'll never slip or have things occasionally but there is no way someone can convince me that eating this way is not better. Even if I have to adjust my food for weight loss purposes there is no way I'm going back to that SAD diet. I lobe experimenting in the kitchen and the pride I feel making my own Mayo! Today I made sunshine sauce and OMG! Nom!!! I'm getting ready for a trip out of town with school kids and have prepped veggies, snacks, sunshine sauce, babaganoush, and sweet potatoes. Making egg cups for breakfast and plan on bringing avocado for some good fat. I will not fail! I feel better than I have in over a year and today I even tried on a pair of jeans I thought might not fit, and they do. Some other ones don't, but I didn't focus on that and told myself in time, they'll fit again. I feel a new lease on life today and like my lifestyle just got so much easier by refraining from all the CRAP! No fruit today and also no snack except for pre and post workouts! Woot!

PWO Snack:

2 jalapeño bacon egg cups

1 cup of coffee w/coconut milk

Crossfit-60 min

PWO- 3/4 of chicken and apple sausage

Breakfast:

2 turkey spinach egg cups & 1 japaeno bacon egg cup

1/4 avocado

5/6 Kalamata Olives

Walked dogs 3.5 miles

Lunch:

Tuna Salad w/homemade mayo, every, and dill in lettuce cups

1 tomato

1/4 avocado

Big handful of carrots

Dinner:

2 chicken burger slider w/brown mustard & dill

3/4 of a chicken apple sausage

Handful of sweet potato fries

Dinner salad w/mushroom, 4 olives, tomato, green onion & evoo&balsalmic

Feeling satisfied and no more food today. :)

Day 29! I know, I know. I haven't been on here. I was at Zion National Park for a Student Council retreat and had no cell phone reception or Wifi. Therefore no Internet or ability to get on the forum. The good thing was I was able to stay on plan even while traveling. It took a lot of planning on my part, but it was worth it to have the piece of mind to have approved Whole 30 foods. I ate a bit more fruit than I had been eating, but it helped satiate me at meals and not have terrible cravings for all the cookies, cupcakes, candy, and junk that was literally EVERYWHERE! I prepped veggies, salads, meat, nuts, fruit, etc. all to be prepared for this trip. I only drank water and two cups of coffee in the morning for the entire trip. I really have only been drinking that the entire Whole 30, but also have had iced tea which wasn't really available on this trip. I can't believe it's already day 29. I keep thinking to myself, what will happen tomorrow? It's the magic 30 days. I then realize, I don't think much will change. I think I will keep most things the same with a few exceptions. 1 is that I will reintroduce some type of natural sweetner whether it's honey, or stevia, but I do tend to miss it in my coffee and teas. If I don't care for the taste when I reintroduce it then I won't drink it, but right now I still want to try and reintroduce it. I also plan on following the reintroduction guidelines set up by the whole 30. Maybe some full fat raw cheese, goat cheese, and possibly some gluten free grains from time to time. I'm really ok without the bread, I do miss it on occasion, but not terribly. I think I will most likely keep this lifestyle up and make adjustments to reach my fitness and health goals. I'm trying to not focus on the numbers, but I am curious to see if I have lost any weight, as I feel that I have or at least look a little better than I had been looking. ;) I am not going to back track and log so I am just going to post today. Wow! Day 30 is tomorrow. Yippe. I've almost made it. :)

Breakfast:

3 jalapeño bacon egg cups

Sunshine sauce w/baby carrots & baby zucchini

Handful of cherries

Lunch:

Lettuce cups with chicken & apple salad

100 cal pack of guac w/ baby carrots & zucchini

Small handful of mixed nuts

Dried 100% fruit strips 4 pieces

Not sure about dinner yet. Our fridge is wiped out so may pick something up. We are leaving for my dads house on Wedmesday so it's home for about a day and back on the road. Whew. Busy lately.

I'm contemplating waiting until Saturday to reintroduce something (wine, and probably some non-paleo food items at friend's wedding). But in the long run, I'm sort of thinking the way I might do it is always eating paleo at home, and off-roading only in social situations or when it's simply not convenient. But I guess even so, I should do the reintroduction so I know what I can safely off-road with -- I want dairy (sour cream, cheese). And I want wine. Maybe a sweet treat occasionally (I was never a big sweet tooth though).

Thanks Derval! I'm having a bad day today. I think it's fear and doubt creeping in. Today being Day 30 I think my brain wants to know what I've accomplished scale wise and I'm worried I haven't lost anything. Sigh. Gonna keep trucking through the day. Hope when I weigh in tomorrow I see some positive news. I know the scale isn't everything, but from seeing pics this weekend I think my mental progress is better than what I'm seeing physically. But I also have no before pics so no frame of reference except my old mental image. We shall see.

Yeah I know what you mean Ann. I am going to my Dad's nd it's gonna be tough to reintroduce at his house. I'm pretty ure I know I want to keep eating this way and off road only on special occasions or as a treat meal once in a while. I definitely don't plan on eating how I was before I started, but I need to find hat works for me. Also I need to make sure to find something that I can lose weight with and tone up. I know the weight and body composition I flt good at, I just need to get there again. It may be me introducing some full fat dairy, and non gluten grains. Plan to stay away from gluten as muh as possible. We shall see. ;)

Day 30! Wow! Can't believe I've made it. Well it has been a trying day emotionally. Was really angry with myself this morning for not being amazing at crossfit, but I think part of it was me bring super exhausted from my trip this weekend. I leave again for Temecula, California tomorrow. I am hoping I can do the reintroduction as planned, but I also feel that I am going to do my bet and when I get back I can be on a short Whole 30 if needed. Like a Whole 7 to reset. I'm starting to realize that the more I stress myself with being perfect, the more I tend to go off track. Therefore my goal is to be on plan, but if off reading happens I will be better at the next meal. ;) I decided I will weigh myself tomorrow am and am oing to be ok with the result. This makes me nervous, yet I think mentally I need to know how I'm doing. I feel I need to have a gauge so I can tweak or adjust to meet the goals I have. I also preordered Practical Paleo and hoping that will give me more insight in to the Paleo world. I hope my body has accepted this new way of eating. After being Vegan and ballooning I hope that this way of eating suits me better. :) til' tomorrow when I post my success story. Woot woot!

Food:

PWO: 1 hard boiled egg & 3 brazil nuts

60 minute crossfit class

PWO: 1hardboiled egg

Breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs w/mushroom

1/4 avocado

Handful of carrots

1 chicken sausage

Lunch:

Salmon salad w/paleo mayo& mustard in coconut wrap

2tbsp of sunshine sauce with large handful of carrots

12 cherries

Dinner:

1/2 cup of sweet potato w/1tsp of ghee

2chicken sliders

1 chicken sausage w/Dijon mayo

Heaping handful of mixed veggies w/1 1/2 tbsp of sunshine sauce

That's it! Yummy food day and hopefully tomorrow will be a glowing report of my Whole 30 report. ;)

Archived