meal plan help

CatherineH

Thanks, Malie! I will refigure the fruit amount and update my meal plan. It's a bit hard because I'm more of fruit bat than vegetable eater. Tomorrow I'm shopping for coconut milk (never cooked with it before), sweet potatoes, avacado, parsnips and more protein. Hopefully, I will be able to find curry paste and ghee.

Ghee is very easy to make--I take 1.5 pounds of butter, place it in a pyrex 8x8 pan and pop it into a 300 degree oven for 90 minutes. Let cool and let the solids settle to the bottom of the pan, and pour off into a wide mouth jar or a tall bowl ( I use rice bowls for mine) These directions are courtesy of Susan W. Also, do make sure to get canned coconut milk, not the milk in the carton. I find that Thai Kitchen is a good one that is readily available where I live. 

This is a very yummy stew that uses parsnips http://www.janssushibar.com/autumn-beef-stew/--if you leave out the white (new) potatoes and replace with other root veggies or sweet potatoes you will be good to go!

The problem would be if counting WW points then influences your food decisions.  One of the W30 goals is to be able to listen to your body in terms of portion size and satiety.

Personally, I'd keep going to the meetings but stop tracking food.  (If they expect to see a food diary, then just make things up)

I disagree with Malie a bit on the fruit... take advantage of all the fruit that's in season now, then do your fruit-free W30s in winter when fruit is of mediocre quality.  But make the fruit a part of your meal, not something you eat at the very end.  And make sure it's in addition to your veg, not instead of.

I did WW in the past and my family was really into it.  My mom actually works there.  I found I could not stand the meetings as I morphed my thinking.  They did not meet my needs.  But I have really enjoyed conversations with people there and especially leaders when they asked me why I was so successful.  I don't know if your program is any different that what I did but they didn't know if my points were on or not and I when I weighed in I had the option to turn around and not look at the scale

Ghee is very easy to make--I take 1.5 pounds of butter, place it in a pyrex 8x8 pan and pop it into a 300 degree oven for 90 minutes. Let cool and let the solids settle to the bottom of the pan, and pour off into a wide mouth jar or a tall bowl ( I use rice bowls for mine) These directions are courtesy of Susan W. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That does look really easy - I want to try this when I run out of my current ghee supply.  :) 

So when you pour off the top part into a bowl, you don't need to filter/strain anything out?

You can, but if you pour it off slowly, the solids will stay in the bottom. You will loose about a T or so of ghee, but I don't mind. If you pour from the corner of the pyrex, it stays pretty much all in the pan. You could also use a fine mesh strainer or a coffee filter (cone type). If the solids do come close to the edge, just tilt the pan back and let them run back down and then resume pouring, and the last bit you could get with a spoon. lol most of my cheese cloth is used for crafting so I don't have much to use in the kitchen! 

Archived