Allison's Whole30 (injured MTB'er cleaning up)

Allison Mann

I like this! I'll likely write about my experiences as I go along on my website as well, but maybe good to share info here as well.

I'm just starting Day 3 of my first Whole30. Wound up eating the snacks I would normally eat mid-morning with breakfast, so hope I stay full until lunch! Definitely have a "snacking" problem where I'm starving around 9 am, even though my activity levels have dropped to nil with my injuries.

In any case, staying strong so far. I even opted out of the Maple Smokehouse seasoning I normally put on grilled salmon (ingredients include sugar and maple of course) for Spice Hunter's Seafood seasoning (which is NOT as tasty ;)).

Struggling a bit with my injuries from a crash 11 days ago, and wanted to drown my sorrows in wine and baked goods last night. "Stupid Whole 30 I can't even do that." ... "You're dumb. You're making a CHOICE. Keep it up."

I am sorry to hear about your accident and injuries. Yikes! I hope you feel better soon. I think you are awesome for wanting to stay healthy during this tough and probably stressful time. Good for you!!!

If you are so inclined, log your food and tell us how you are feeling here so we can help along the way.

Cheers to you…get better!

Archived