Starting tomorrow July 15th

amobailar

Hello all,

I'm Brandi, I live in Nashville, Tn and I'm beginning the Whole 30 tomorrow. My weight loss journey truly began about 2 years on Medifast. I lost 70 lbs in 7 months and I've been able to keep it off. However, I can feel myself getting back into the habit of eating junk and comfort foods and I refuse to not only gain that weight back but fall back into an unhealthy state. In my opinion, Paleo is the whole food version of Medifast and I would rather eat real food than consume highly processed meal replacements. So here I am, ready to lose a few more pounds, feel good again and begin strength training in Phase 2 of my transformation.

Hi, I'm also starting today. Got my work cut out - over the weekend I binged on sugar and other garbage and so not feeling good today. I'm a 37 y.o male who had an addiction problem with peanutbutter. Every weekend I was eating 1.5-2l of the stuff. This weekend past, 2.3l. Yes really. I usually only eat an organic kind and it's killing my food budget. Speaking of, this W30 is going to do the same... I'm pesci-vegetarian, so I'm likely only eating canned tuna for meat for the next month. Not sure how I'm going to manage but I will. Part of my challenge is that I cycle to work everyday (no car, no bus route so no other option really) - 10km each way. Still not sure how I'm going to manage energy requirements without weekend energy-loading but we'll see...

Good luck!

Good luck to both of you! I'm on Day 1, starting today as well. I'm glad to see we have a good little group of mid-month starters, looking forward to hearing about your progress!

@amobailar -- Congrats on the amazing transformation you've already made and on your commitment to maintain and keep improving your health! 

@mydisciprin -- I had a similar problem periodically binging on coconut butter and almond butter, and some people kindly pointed out that it could be a result of under-eating for my energy requirements. You clearly get a lot of activity so make sure you eat enough! The program has guidelines on pre- and post-workout nutrition -- mini-meals, so to speak. I know you probably consider the cycling to be your commute, but it's still exercise so make sure you're fueling enough every day, all week long. Don't count on making up the energy deficit on weekends only. Good luck!

maggief - yeah I think you are correct in that I do under-eat during the week. This isn't entirely a mistake, I've been slowly reducing fat since the beginning of the year. I've gone from a little over 20% bodyfat to about 12-13%, while getting stronger at the same time (I do bodyweight exercises throughout the week as well, still have a long way to go but I am progressing). It is a little tricky getting enough calories in each day eating clean, which I generally do, and this whole30 approach certainly takes that to the max...

@mydisciprin, me too! My route is 9 km each way, but it is soooo heavy with lots of ups and downs. I really need a shower when I get to work... and my face is all red about an hour after biking. :wacko:  But I will not give up! Normally I take a bus, but this is even less polluting alternative.  Only this week, though, because next four weeks are my summer vacation. B)

I started Whole30 today, so I don't have lots of experience yet, but I think I need the extra mini-meals pre- and post-workout.

I started yesterday too. I just got back from visiting family in Switzerland and went off the paleo wagon. I decided to do the W30 to get back on track. I ate too much good cheese, wine and chocolate. Feeling a little hungover today.

Archived