Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

I love smoked oysters (love fresh raw ones, too, but only oceanside!) as well, but I don't eat them as often as you do. Wouldn't smoking them yourself be less cost effective? Those bacon wrapped onion rings look INSANE!

Also, I commiserate with you on the back pain and frustration about working out. My chiro helps a lot, as does icing and using biofreeze between icings. Sometimes rest is best, tough as it is.

Maybe less cost effective, but whats better than fresh oysters that I smoked my my own? No preservatives, no additives, and I'd bet they are wonderful!

I'm not saying I'd do it all the time, like a maybe every other month thing or something.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 354 - Thursday July 10th

Info: Ahhh so sleeping with my NEMS machine cranked makes my muscle pull bearable and I can sleep!!! It reduced the pain by at least 50%! it's still there but I think I am on the road to at least healing faster. That's all I can ask since I'm ancient. What is that rule of recovery? Add 6....years to your recovery time once you hit 30? Something like that!

I made some more slow cooker pork, and this time I subbed in pure cocoa powder to make it like a mole sauce. It's pretty decent with just the slightest hint of coca in it. I'm glad cause I was kind of winging it and I made 5lbs!

photo%2811%29.JPG

Holy Molé!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Stomach wasn't feeling so hot, so didn't eat.

Lunch: Big chicken salad with plenty of habanero hot sauce

Dinner: Slow cooked pork molé on a big salad with Dill/onion OOM dressing

Snack:  none

Exercise: none

DAY 354 COMPLETE

Day 355 - Friday July 11th

Info: Match day again tomorrow, gonna be a fun one with a sore butt muscle but we will see how it goes! At least it seems to be getting a little better every day, can't complain about that I guess.

Pretty simple day, sorry no pics today.

Food Log:

Breakfast: 3 egg scramble with pork and broccoli

Lunch:Pork tenderloin and pineapple. Was a little short on the veggies for lunch

Dinner: Pork tenderloin and broccoli

DAY 355 COMPLETE

Day 356 - Saturday July 12th

Info: Got a FitBit to help track how much walking and stuff I've been doing and it was pretty surprising! Today I wore it on the range during my USPSA match and I walked/ran 8.96 miles! Pretty crazy, no wonder I'm tired after a day on the range! The FitBit is pretty cool its very low maintenance, clip it on my pockey and go the for day. Now I can see what I'm doing on a daily basis!

fit+bit.jpg

It's following me!! Oh wait, it is following me!

Food Log:

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and a sausage

Lunch: Pork tenderloin and broccoli. 2 TBS of almond butter

Dinner: Pork tenderloin and broccoli

Snack:  2 hard boiled eggs and a sausage

Exercise: Walked ran 8.96 miles

DAY 356 COMPLETE

Day 357 - Sunday July 13th

Info: Took the little ones to the pool today, got my vitamin D on in a big way. I can't remember being this tan...ever. I used to hide inside with my shirt firmly attached to me. By no means am I skinny, but its nice to have your shirt off, or even go to the pool for that matter with your kids and not be embarrassed by it. It's been a long road but it has been a lot of fun, and well worth it. Can't wait to start on year 2!!!

photo.JPG

Thought this was funny, popped it out of the container and it stayed a square!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Pork tenderloin and broccoli

Lunch: Almond butter, cantaloupe and carrot sticks.

Dinner: Pork tenderloin salad with iceberg lettuce and OOM/Dill dressing

Exercise: swimming at the pool for ~4hrs

DAY 357 COMPLETE

Day 358 - Monday July 14th

Info: Got a good amount of food cooked up today so I have a stockpile of easy meals. Have been going meal by meal which is fine but takes a lot of extra work! Sugar/gluten free sausages and Paleo Slaw a plenty!

photo%282%29.JPG

Food Log:

Breakfast: 4 eggs scrambled with pork tenderloin and hot sauce

Lunch: Canino's sausage and Paleo Slaw.

Dinner: Canino's sausage with Paleo slaw and I got crazy and put hot sauce on it!

Snack:  handful of almonds

DAY 358 COMPLETE

Day 359 -Tuesday July 15th

Info: Getting so close to the end, been thinking about my future goals and what I want to do now that I have the food portion of my life under control. I have set some hard but attainable goals for myself that I will share a little later on in a future post. Until then, happy Paleo!

goal-setting.jpg

Food Log:

Breakfast: Leftover pork tenderloin scrambled with an egg

Lunch: Caninio's sausage and Paleo slaw

Dinner: Same as lunch, sausage and slaw

DAY 359 COMPLETE

Day 360 -Wednesday July 16th

Info: Been doing a lot of thinking on what I want to achieve and whats to come over the next year. I've decided one of the things I want to make sure I do is not fall back in to my old ways. So the next year of the Whole360 project I will be following almost the same type of diet, but I will allow 1-2 "cheat" meals in a month if I am craving a particular something. Possibly not even cheat meals, but something like "Oh a piece of cheese on my burger sounds great" type thing. Oh yeah and I will be adding Sriracha back in to to my diet. I know it has sugar, but I LOVE Sriracha. And by love sriracha I mean I can tell you the first time I ever saw it, what I ate it on, and how long it was until I got some more...ready? Here it goes!

I was 13 and was at Pheasant Camp (That's what we called weekends during pheasant season in Michigan when I was growing up) and my dad had made eggs for breakfast in his Scotty camper (This is what we stayed in during Pheasant camp, on my grandma's property) someone had bought him this little bottle of hot sauce with a green cap and a rooster on it. I happened to give it a try and was instantly hooked! Problem was in Michigan at the time NO ONE sold it. I still don't know where that bottle had came from but it would be several years before I would see it again. Fast forward 6 years....I am living in Long Beach, CA and I walk in to a cheap Chinese restaurant and it was like an angel had landed on all the tables...giant bottles of the green capped rooster hot sauce everywhere!!!! I promptly stole a bottle since I wasn't sure if I would ever see it again! Later on I contacted the factory and bought a 24 bottle case that lasted a while....now its everywhere and I couldn't be happier!

I have found a couple of sugar free versions I may try, but nothing compares to Huy Fong's Sriracha!

sriracha_1029.jpg

You may be red and green, but you are an Angel for my mouth!!!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Leftover pork tenderloin scrambled with an egg

Lunch: Caninio's sausage and Paleo slaw

Dinner: Same as lunch, sausage and slaw

DAY 360 COMPLETE

Day 361 -Thursday July 17th

Info: I had the worst craving for burritos, but know I can't have them, so I fell back on some of my heritage and made something similar to a burrito, but totally Paleo complaint...Golobkis! For those of you that don't know what that is, they also go by "Pigs in a blanket", "cabbage rolls", and "golumpkis". Generally its sausage and ground beef with rice wrapped in a cabbage leaf and roasted in the oven. Obviously I had some work to do to Paleo it, but what i ended up with was glorious! I mixed ground beef, pork and some spices and then made cauliflower rice to sub in for the regular rice. Wrapped them all up and put them in a roasting pan. What happened next will is MIND BLOWING... (sorry had to, seems everything on the internet these days will blow your mind) I made a Paleo enchilada sauce and baked the Golobkis in that instead of the traditional tomato sauce. I hate tomatoes anyways so this was a mega win for me! these turned out great, and I now know that I can make a Paleo enchilada sauce that rivals regular enchilada sauce!

The only thing was making these from scratch took a lot of dishes......I DESTROYED my kitchen!

photo+1%284%29.JPG

What have I done???

photo+3%285%29.JPG

I made awesome, that's what I've done!

Food Log:

Breakfast: 3 egg scramble and some carrot stick

Lunch: 2 Golobkis with sauce

Dinner: 3 Golobkis with sauce

DAY 361 COMPLETE

Day 362 - Friday July 18th

Info: Going forward with what I'm planning for the next year - I've got the diet and eating down to pretty much an exact science at this point. Next up is fitness and building a solid habit with that. So I will be continuing this blog (with some cool coming changes) but my focus is going to be much more on the fitness side of things than the diet and tweaking that. I'll still be posting recipes and all that good stuff, so if you enjoyed that stay tuned, also I will be posting a lot more transformation pictures because I want to document how my body changes when I add in regular workouts/activities to what I am already doing.  I will also be using more supplements in the next 360, I have been kind of experimenting here and there with them now and I can say I have found what I will be using throughout my journey from now on! So stay tuned for the next 360!

24day-challenge-banner-main1.png

Great Place to Start!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Paleo slaw topped with ground beef

Lunch: Canino's sausage. Wasn't really hungry so ate a sausage and that held me over to dinner.

Dinner: Scallop ceviche with jalapeno, onion, radish, cilantro and lime juice.

DAY 362 COMPLETE

Day 363 - Saturday July 19th

Info: It's getting close and I'm actually nervous! I want to say thanks to all of you that have offered me support and that have stopped by to read this blog. Seriously without knowing you guys are out there I would not have been able to complete this!

Thank+you.jpg

The "getting my food right" portion of the Wole360 is coming to a close, but stay tuned, I have decided to challenge myself over another Whole360 and really focus on the fitness. Back issues, straight up being lazy has limited my results though this Whole360, but that's all about to change! I will lay out what I am going to do over the next few days and need your help sticking to it!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Wasn't all that hungry ate a few carrot sticks and some almond butter

Lunch: Big chicken salad with extra chicken slathered in hot sauce

Dinner: Canino's sausages with spicy gluten/sugar free mustard, carrot sticks and an apple

DAY 363 COMPLETE

Day 364 - Sunday July 20th

Info: Didn't eat all that much throughout the day so I pounded some good food for dinner! A littel too much but it was really good! And at least it was all Paleo!

Paleo-Diet.jpg

Did you or did you not eat more than you should? Why yes Paleo cop I did....but it was all Paleo approved!

Food Log:

Breakfast: apple, carrot sticks and almond butter

Lunch: Canino's sausage, carrot sticks, organic apple chips

Dinner: Steak, turkey, sausages, chicken and a pile of broccoli and cabbage. When I say a pile I mean a mountain of veggies. Literally.

DAY 364 COMPLETE

Day 365 - Monday July 21st

Info: Well this was it! I made it year! Stayed strong on my last day....and then had a celebratory beer at 1am in my garage LOL! What a journey, I've changed my life around with this way of life for the better. I'm going to take one day off, and then I will be right back at it! I can't waste what I've accomplished so far! Stayed tuned for the Next360 starting Wednesday July 23rd!

keep-calm-cause-thats-all-folks.png

Food Log:

Breakfast: Canino's sausage, carrot sticks and some black olives

Lunch: Found some Paleo compliant pork rinds so I had a few of those, it was way too hot to be hungry!

Dinner: Canned tunda, chopped up Clausen pickle and mustard mixed together, kind of like a makeshift tuna salad but I was out of OOM so I had to wing it!

DAY 365 COMPLETE

Congrats on your success! Annnd, what was in the enchilada sauce you made??? That sounds delicious right now =)

Let me type the sauce recipe up and I'll post it, its REALLY simple. (actually PM me for it if you want it.)

Also look for a link to the Next360 starting next week!

Congrats on your incredible accomplishment. You are such an inspiration. Am looking for your next log, where is it? And the enchilada sauce...

The link will be coming for the Next360, I am starting it Monday the 4th, check your PM's I sent you the enchilada recipe!

Archived