Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

DAY 7

Info: For some reason today I was wiped out! Took a good 2 or so hour nap, and still feel a bit sluggish. Food has all been good though, and the soda demons have stayed away from me. One thing I plan on doing, even though Whole30 says not to is hop on a scale. I will be weighing in and checking my stats most likely on mondays. I want to track that weekly to see how it fluctuates, so I am going to be bending that Whole30 rule. I am not one that will get discouraged if I lose 5 lbs one week and gain one another week. I have a vast knowledge of nutrition and weight training so I tend to not pay attention to that stuff, but I do definately want to track it this time around.

Food Log:

Breakfast: leftover marinated cilantro/lime steak with habanero salsa - not enough veggies but I wolfed it down before I ran out the door

Lunch: Taco salad with ground beef and homemade habanero salsa

Dinner: Ate dinner out tonight -but I kinda cheated (not on the program!)....we went to Sweet Tomatoes (or Soup Plantation in some states) so I was able to create my oen meal. Had a salad with romaine, iceberg, spinach, red cabbage, onion, mushrooms, black olives, eggs and oil and vinegar dressing. We love eating there because even though there are plenty of cheat options, it is very easy to stay compliant there as well.

Snack: frozen fruit (organic)

Exercise log: More shooting, tested a program we are developing for a new type of shooting competition, more sprinting and jogging, nothing too crazy though.

DAY 7 COMPLETE

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you looked at the meal template?  You could be tired because your food intake is not always an appropriate combo of protein, fat, and veggie.  You had two meals the day before you reported being tired that had no protein or veggie and it looks like some of your meals are low in fat.  Even snacks need to follow the template, so have that fruit with a meal, and make your snacks look like a miniature meal.

And, if you are working pretty hard at the range, a bonus mini-meal or pre- and post-WO snacks might be in order to fuel your body.  It will  be easier to stay compliant with your challenge if you are fueled and satisfied.

Adding to what Nico said, those who do WholeX for longer than 30 days may weigh themselves once a month if they find that a useful measure of their health/fitness.  So in other words, stick to the "template" of weighing and measuring every 30 days, and you'll be golden.  You might discover that you lose interest in your scale, too.  (I hid mine and then gave it away after a few months.)

DAY 8

Info: You guys are right about not eating enough, I have the template, but was out in the middle of nowhere and all I had was apricots and Almonds...better than nothing. I am horrible at planning sometimes so I went with what I had. I am getting better at planning though lol. Also took my stats this AM and was pleasantly surprised, didn't think the numbers would be this different. Gave me a nice boost of motivation for sure!

Weight: 213 lbs, Waist Circumference: 44" at the belly button (I am waiting until further along to test BF% again.)

Food Log:

Breakfast: Sausage and a small amount of lettuce (not enough at all)

Lunch: Taco salad with ground beef and homemade habanero salsa with a large avocado (I eat a lot of the same things until I cook something else in bulk, if you couldn't tell lol)

Dinner: Taco salad with avocado, salsa, and a side of brussels sprouts

Snack: none

Exercise log: Dry fire practice for 30 minutes, and 75 bodyweight squats

DAY 8 COMPLETE

DAY 9

Info: Still high on motivation, I've never had a Whole30, 360 or whatever be this easy to slip in to, I am glad just wondering how bad the challeneges are going to be down the road if the start is being this kind to me!

Food Log:

Breakfast: ground beef and hot sauce - told you I was a horrible planner.......

Lunch: ground beef with organic green beans, and hot sauce

Dinner: bacon and broccoli. The bacon is home cured and has no sugar or garbage in it. Broccoli was organic. I was making bacon/broccoli/egg muffins and got tired of waiting and ate the leftovers lol

Snack: 2TBS of almond butter (Ingredients- Almonds...gotta love pure food!)

Exercise log: None

DAY 9 COMPLETE

I'd be trying to make sure all your meals fit the template- none from day 9 did (unless your lunch was fatty?)

I think you'll be more successful long term if you're fuelling your body properly!

Agreed.  Eating compliant ingredients is not the only part of a Whole30.  Following the meal template, sitting and eating mindfully, having only three meals with additional meals for work-outs - this is an entire program that goes beyond a shopping list and each piece of the program is based in science and experience.

Take a few moments to make some plans for real meals so that you will have the fuel that you need to carry you through.

Like I said I am working through all of that. I am not new to the Whole30, I understand I should have more in my meals, I also am a bad planner. Hence the Whole360.....it takes time to form good habits!

Actually all of the meals except for breakfast were pretty close to the template. The ground beef is 80/20 so there is plenty of fat in it.

My meals are not just oh crap eat it, I just bulk cook and eat the same things until it is gone, and then I move on. Its easier for me that way, as I don't have a lot of at home time where I can cook a different meal all the time.

DAY 10

Info: Today I was a little better prepared (I'm learning yay!) I had breakfast muffins ready to go, so was able to eat a Whole30 meal! Love those muffins as they are portable and delicious (Muffins are: eggs, home cured bacon, and broccoli) The real challenge starts tomorrow, I have to fly out to MI for a few days, will have to make sure I am extra careful!

Food Log:

Breakfast: 3 Egg, bacon, broccoli muffins, 1TBS Almond butter

Lunch: huge romaine, chicken, peppers/onions, and guac salad, with no sugar salsa

Dinner: 3 egg muffins, side of extra broccoli, and 2 TBS of Almond butter

Exercise log: Chest, Bi's workout went light with higher reps to get started, don't want to be super sore all weekend!

DAY 10 COMPLETE

DAY 9

Info: Still high on motivation, I've never had a Whole30, 360 or whatever be this easy to slip in to, I am glad just wondering how bad the challeneges are going to be down the road if the start is being this kind to me!

Food Log:

Breakfast: ground beef and hot sauce - told you I was a horrible planner.......

Lunch: ground beef with organic green beans, and hot sauce

Dinner: bacon and broccoli. The bacon is home cured and has no sugar or garbage in it. Broccoli was organic. I was making bacon/broccoli/egg muffins and got tired of waiting and ate the leftovers lol

Snack: 2TBS of almond butter (Ingredients- Almonds...gotta love pure food!)

So, we're just trying to help you so that this will be something you can maintain.  Here is what we were saying about your day.  For breakfast, no real veggies and not enough fat to make up a thumb.  Really, you'll probably need more than the fat in the meat.  Lunch, a little better with the green beans.  Even better to serve them with some almonds and/or cook them in more fat.  Dinner had no protein.  You got the fat and veg.  Snack: only fat and might not have been necessary if other meals had been complete.  Now, get them all three on one plate and you'll be golden.

Your ingredients are great and batch cooking is fine.  A lot of people cook a big pile of one thing and eat it for a while.  I do that and freeze some servings for later.  It won't be a Whole360 without doing the WHOLE thing.  Stop making excuses with the poor planning.  Plan something and make it happen.  You have the desire and the knowledge is available.  You said you've done it before, but did you do meat, fat, and veg every time you ate?  That is a Whole30.

Nico,

Appreciate the feedback from you guys. Believe me the poor planning isn't an excuse, it's me calling myself out publicly so I can change poor habits more quickly. This is exactly why I'm posting this stuff here, so I can get feedback and help.

I'm actually printing the template today to make sure my meals are Whole30. I have done the Whole30's in the past but looking back at them I was probably not eating 100% right at all.

Thanks again! It's these messages that are the most help to me!

DAY 11

Info: So taking your advice I started making sure to follow the meal template. Had a miss on dinner...long story, had some food packed, and dumped it all over the airport floor, so I finally got to eat dinner after my flight at 1am.....crappy I know.

Food Log:

Breakfast: 3 Egg, bacon, broccoli muffins, handful of almonds, dried apricots

Lunch: 3 Egg, bacon, broccoli muffins, handful of almonds, dried apricots

Dinner: Sugar free salami with kalamata olives on romaine lettuce (made sandwich boats) and handful of almonds

Exercise log:none

DAY 11 COMPLETE

DAY 12

Info: Today was the 1st day of my interview with the restaurant I might be taking over and running. All was great until I had to taste the menu. Didnt really have a way around this one, so I had to use one of my 5 days out of the 365. I know its soon, but when the owner wants you to taste his menu and you are trying to land a job you kinda have to do it. Good side is I finally tasted marrow for the 1st time ever!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Sugar free salami, kalamata olives and brown mustard on romaine (boats again)

Lunch: rattatoullie with organic veggies, and a salad with viniagrette

Dinner: Sirloin steak with asparagus, had full butter on it, and had some cheese on an appetizer plate. Had some samples of drinks from the drink menu at the restaurant as well.

Exercise log: none

DAY 12 COMPLETE

Having prepped and packed and then dropping your food must have been frustrating!  Nice recovery!

I hope the job interview goes well.

DAY 13

Info: I went to meet some friends today, and to look around at houses etc to see what housing costs, was pleasantly surprised by what houses cost back in MI compared to CO that's for sure! Food was tough today but I managed to pull it off.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Sugar free salami, kalamata olives and brown mustard on romaine (boats again)

Lunch: Sugar free salami, kalamata olives and brown mustard on romaine

Dinner: Sugar free salami, kalamata olives and brown mustard on romaine (they are portable and meet my needs!

DAY 13 COMPLETE

DAY 14

Info: Back to see more of the restaurant and how things work, didn't need to eat there, as I ate before and after and made sure to dodge the bad stuff. Also went and checked out some more areas for housing etc

Food Log:

Lunch: almonds, apricots, salami, romaine lettuce

Dinner: Sugar free salami, kalamata olives and brown mustard on romaine

DAY 14 COMPLETE

DAY 15

Info: Ex stepmother wanted to go to dinner today, had to be extra careful, but I chose a Mongolian BBQ place that you get to pick your items, and they have everything listed gluten free, soy free etc, so had a good meal and stayed true!

Food Log:

Breakfast: almonds, apricots, salami, romaine lettuce

Lunch: Salami, romaine lettuce (missed the template on this one a bit, as I ran out of supplies!)

Dinner: BD's Mongolian - steak, broccoli, sprouts, onions, mushrooms, shrimp sauteed in olive oil with crushed red pepper.

DAY 15 COMPLETE

DAY 16

Info: Airport day again, meals weren't the greatest, and were kind of hastily thrown together, but I did what I could to follow the template on them. Ended up being at the airport for over 5 hours, and then my flight went way long as we flew around storms. Made it back in 1 piece though!

Food Log:

Breakfast: salami, almonds, apricots, what was left of romaine (not enough)

Lunch: chicken breast, lettuce, almonds

Dinner: sausages, lettuce, what was left of my almonds

DAY 16 COMPLETE

DAY 17

Info: 1st day back to work, and was running low on foods, had to wing it a lot and get what food I could ready in a hurry. Flight was supposed to be in at 9;15pm, didnt leave the airport until almost 12am the next day......stupid thunderstorms and Detroit Airports......

Food Log:

Breakfast: Almonds, dried apricots, broccoli

Lunch: Chicken salad, avocado, romaine lettuce and salsa

Dinner: grilled hamburger with home cured bacon, and sliced onions. No veggies =(

DAY 17 COMPLETE

DAY 18

Info: Finally was able to get some food cooked so I wasn't scrambling around for good food to eat. Starting to get more compliant with the template as well, still had a few misses, but a lot better.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Almonds, dried apricots, green beans

Lunch: Chicken salad, avocado, romaine lettuce and salsa

Dinner: chicken breast, almonds, and green beans

DAY 18 COMPLETE

DAY 19

Info: Today started out rough, I use my phone as my alarm clock, thought I had it plugged in, but it wasn't charging....no alarm woke up and had to rush around like an idiot. Breakfast was not good as you will see below, but I was about to recover on lunch and dinner. New rule - Make sure the phone is charging! (Or maybe just get a real alarm clock lol) Pulled a muscle in my back, so will have to make sure I am taking it easy in my every day stuff, will be starting the gym on Monday too so must use some caution there too!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Chicken breast

Lunch: Chicken salad, extra avocado, romaine lettuce and salsa

Dinner: chicken breast, green beans, almond butter and almonds (split my fats between butter and the nuts)

Snack: frozen fruit

DAY 19 COMPLETE

Archived