Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

DAY 20

Info: Finally a day where I got to put it all together and was on target throughout the whole day! Had a eye doc appointment in the am, that went something like this " Doc - Kris why don't you just give me the eye exam, your eyes are glorious" Me- OK. LOL kidding, but it was the 1st eye checkup I've had since I was 14 or 15!!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Hamburger patty, home cured bacon, almond butter, mustard, and some romaine

Lunch: Chicken sandwich - Chicken breast, romaine lettuce (as the bread) mustard, avocado

Dinner: Coconut oil pan fried tuna patties (Olive oil mayo, black olive, pickle, and soy free tuna all chopped up), romaine salad with avocado dill dressing (Avocado, Olive Oil Mayo, Dill)

Snack:

Exercise log: Took the compound bow out and shot a bunch of groups with it. Doesn't sound like much of a workout, but 50 or so arrows later and you work up a nice sweat.

DAY 20 COMPLETE

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 21

Info: Today started way later than I wanted, breakfast was about 11am, which of course messed everything up, ended up eating dinner later than normal, but got everything in. Still feeling very motivated and not wanting to stray at all, well except that damned soda demon, but I am fending him off!

Food Log:

Breakfast: chicken breast, avocado with romaine lettuce

Lunch: chicken breast, green beans, romaine, creamy avocado dressing (home made, and whole 30 compliant)

Dinner: Chicken Fajita taco salad with about a gallon of habanero sauce and fresh salsa

Snack: almonds

Exercise log: none

DAY 21 COMPLETE

DAY 22

Info: Workouts were supposed to start today, but it didn't happen how I planned it.Today was daughters orientation for pre-school so my trip to the gym 1st thing in the morning was postponed until tomorrow. Did some prep workouts (see below) to get ready for tomorrow though.

Stat Update: 212.9 lbs. 43" around the belly button

Food Log:

Breakfast: Carne Asada, creamy avocado dressing, romaine lettuce salad

Lunch: ground beef salad with mushrooms, carrots, green and black olives, olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Dinner: burger fried in coconut oil (grill is out of propane) sauteed onions (half an onion), and green beans with a spicy sauce I made from habanero salsa and olive oil mayo

Snack: left over carne asada ( I didn't eat enough for lunch so finished the steak in between meals)

Exercise log: pushups, situps, body weight squats. Nothing major, just wanted to get the blood flowing tonight.

DAY 22 COMPLETE

I forgot to mention as well, the only things I am drinking for the Whole 360 is water and iced tea (checked to make sure there is no soy lecithin in it) I try to drink a gallon of water a day, and maybe 1-2 glasses of iced tea (lemon only in it)

DAY 23

Info: I know I had mentioned before that this seemed to be the easiest transition in to a Whole 30 for me, but the changes I am feeling and whats going on is just making it easier to stay focused. I am really picking up steam now, and seem to want to eat healthy all the time instead of "having" to. The support I am getting from here, and from my blog, and facebook is really outstanding. I am glad I bit the bullet and started writing this journal as well as sharing my before pictures. With others knowing what I look like under clothing, and seeing the true me is really driving me forward

Food Log:

Breakfast: chicken, green beans, black olives, and avocado dressing (yeah it was a toss together, but still compliant)

Lunch: chicken, romaine lettuce, avocado dressing, black olives (sandwich boats)

Dinner: Fajita chicken salad with some extra chicken, avocado, and habanero hot sauce

Snack: 1 scotch egg - made them and HAD to try one!

Exercise log: short walk after dinner

DAY 23 COMPLETE

DAY 24

Info: Interesting day today, food all went well, but was a mentally taxing one. I also work in the firearms industry as well as being a competitive shooter, and today one of our loading machines set of a primer stack. For those of you that don't know what that is, imagine 130 guns all going off at the same time right behind you. It was freaky, it was LOUD. Fortunately no one was hurt, I just have ringing in my right ear, and it hurts a bit. If it doesn't go away by the morning I am going to have to go see a doctor. Minor stuff compared to what could have happened. Then I found out that one of the instructors I used to manage was let go because of a seemingly honest mistake. Sad part is he was one of our best instructors and was trying to help out company out. Like I said mentally taxing day. But hey we get up and move on I guess. At least I have the fuel of the Whole 360 pushing me along!

Food Log:

Breakfast: 2 scotch eggs, and green beans.

Lunch: steak salad with romaine lettuce and guacamole, fresh salsa

Dinner: home cooked pot roast, with a TON of onions, carrots, and celery. Drank broth to supplement fat

Snack: none

Exercise log: light barbell curls, military press and lat pull downs. The gym visits are still a struggle to get going, aiming at making those more regular at the end of the week/beginning of next week.

DAY 24 COMPLETE

DAY 23

Info: I know I had mentioned before that this seemed to be the easiest transition in to a Whole 30 for me, but the changes I am feeling and whats going on is just making it easier to stay focused. I am really picking up steam now, and seem to want to eat healthy all the time instead of "having" to. The support I am getting from here, and from my blog, and facebook is really outstanding. I am glad I bit the bullet and started writing this journal as well as sharing my before pictures. With others knowing what I look like under clothing, and seeing the true me is really driving me forward

Food Log:

Breakfast: chicken, green beans, black olives, and avocado dressing (yeah it was a toss together, but still compliant)

Lunch: chicken, romaine lettuce, avocado dressing, black olives (sandwich boats)

Dinner: Fajita chicken salad with some extra chicken, avocado, and habanero hot sauce

Snack: 1 scotch egg - made them and HAD to try one!

Exercise log: short walk after dinner

DAY 23 COMPLETE

How were the scotch eggs?

Wednesday night is Top Shot night at my house.  Sorry to hear about the incident at work today.  I hope your ears recover on their own.

Your meals are looking better and more filling!

Wednesday night is Top Shot night at my house.  Sorry to hear about the incident at work today.  I hope your ears recover on their own.

Your meals are looking better and more filling!

Top Shot = AWESOME!!! lol I DVR it so I don't miss any of the shows!

DAY 25

Info: Ears are doing better today which is awesome, little less hearing in my right ear over my left, but that's to be expected. And honestly I'm not sure if that's from the blast, or all the punk shows I've been to LOL. Pretty good eating today, messed up breakfast a bit, but other than that all was good.

Food Log:

Breakfast: 2 scotch eggs, no veggie ran out at work and didn't bring more in =(

Lunch: 2 scotch eggs and green beans, avocado dressing for fat

Dinner: huge salad with carrots, romaine, iceberg, spinach, red cabbage, mushrooms, black olives, eggs, olive oil, and red wine vinegar

Exercise log:

DAY 25 COMPLETE

We DVR TopShot, too.  Not sure if you saw this week, but I was bummed with the outcome.  How incredible to get to be in all of those challenges!

Happy to hear that your ears are recovering!

man been slacking on this! Yikes

DAY 26

Info: Finally got the cardio rolling today after work, was a nice day, and went out for a jog. Was cool while I was jogging the local airshow was going on so I got to see some cool scenery as I lugged myself around the trails I jogged on.

Food Log:

Breakfast: almond butter, chicken breast and romaine lettuce (not all together lol)

Lunch: chicken salad with romaine, guacamole, hot salsa, onions and peppers.

Dinner: giant hamburger with black olives, green olives, Olive oil mayo, and mustard (no bun) handful of carrots

Exercise log: 1.73 mile jog

DAY 26 COMPLETE

DAY 27

Info: Found out there was a bacon festival close to my house so had to go check it out. Also found out my wife knows the people that own the company that put the bacon festival on, double win! Organic, no GMO, no gluten bacon, and a local company? I'll take it. ( I need to see if they make non sugar bacon, as I never checked the ingredients)  The problem with all that is I ate a lot of bacon, and not much else. I decided this was going to be day 2 of my 5 out of the year that I would enjoy some food. Funny story, even though I invoked a cheat day, I didn't get crazy.......its almost like I'm' learning something here! I did chug 2 diet sodas, I was getting migraine type headache from no caffeine. (There was no iced tea available and I was desperate) The diets sodas fixed the issue, but also opened my eyes to the fact I was drinking waaaaay too much iced tea. So going forward not so much iced tea. In fact I have the same type of headache right now, but I need to suffer through it and get rid of some of the caffeine.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Almond butter, banana, 2 eggs handful of carrots

Lunch: Habanero bacon, Pork loin wrapped in bacon, dill pickle wrapped in bacon, maple bacon, carrots. (Yeah bad I know)

Dinner: Chicken thighs, vegetarian baked beans, sriracha sauce, 1 hamburger bun, cauliflower.

Exercise log: Walked around Central City Colorado ~ 2 miles or so, and 2 hours of high level hockey (this was brutal!) Got to play hockey again after about a month, and a bunch of skilled players showed up, was nice to play at a higher level again, I miss it....but boy was I rusty and did I get in a workout!

DAY 27 COMPLETE

DAY 28

Info: Back on track again today as expected, had to teach a firearms class today so knew lunch would be tricky, but I managed. Don't have any bulk cooked at the moment, which is my bread and butter for ease of eating and staying on track. Can't allow myself to run out of foods that easily and will be cooking twice a week now for the majority of my proteins so I have them available.

Food Log:

Breakfast: almond butter, hard boiled eggs, carrots

Lunch: grilled fish tacos, minus the tortillas and cheese. So basically a big pile of fish, cabbage, lime and cilantro with a LOT of hot sauce on it. Not much in the fat department on this meal.

Dinner: Big stir fry with Chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, coconut aminos, all sauteed in coconut oil, with about a 1/4 cup of chili paste (sugar free)

DAY 28 COMPLETE

DAY 29

Info: Ahh good old Monday..... Ate clean, no Iced Tea today in an effort to cut back on that a little, will start allowing myself a glass a day or so once I am not getting headaches from the caffeine withdrawals. Food was on track, since all I had was a giant bowl of stir fry it became breakfast and lunch, but hey it was a good meal and lasted me!

Food Log:

Breakfast: stir fry with Chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, coconut aminos, all sauteed in coconut oil, with about a 1/4 cup of chili paste (sugar free)

Lunch: stir fry with Chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, coconut aminos, all sauteed in coconut oil, with about a 1/4 cup of chili paste (sugar free)

Dinner: burger with black olives, green olives, romaine lettuce, olive oil mayo, and hot sauce

Exercise log: 3 hrs of shooting - testing ammo, and practicing for a big upcoming shoot I am attending. Worked up a decent sweat while doing all of the testing, 300 rounds or so in all. Good forearm workout!

DAY 29 COMPLETE

DAY 30

Info: Well it's been a month already, and while not 100% Whole30 I would call my project a success so far. I feel better, less bloated, less tired (most of the time) and I feel I am just gaining steam. The cheat days I have allowed myself were easy to recover from, which had never been the case in the past. I think that good habits are forming, and as I go along this is going to become the norm rather than the exception.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Taco meat (ground beef, cumin, salt, garlic, chili powder) romaine lettuce (made taco boats) and black olives, and some cantaloupe.

Lunch: Taco meat (ground beef, cumin, salt, garlic, chili powder) romaine lettuce (made taco boats) and black olives, and some cantaloupe

Dinner: seasoned ground beef, black olives, habanero sauce, all mixed with sugar free marinara.

Exercise log: none today - pulled a muscle in my back, going to give it a few days rest.

DAY 30 COMPLETE

DAY 31

Info: Full steam ahead, well limping ahead, back is really sore but hopefully that won't slow me down, I have a major pistol competition coming this weekend! Got in a Loooong practice today for is as well, which is possibly why my back is so sore! Food went great today, and my energy levels showed because of it!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Salmon cakes x 3, romaine lettuce salad with olive oil and balsalmic, black olives, and some cantaloupe.

Lunch: Salmon cakes x 3, green beans, olives, and cantaloupe

Dinner: Ground beef burritos!!!! Made with Coconut wraps :)  salsa, black olives, and a handful of baby carrots

Exercise log: 4 hour range session testing new ammunition loads, but also getting in some practice (grip, stance, accuracy) for this coming weekends Colorado State IDPA championships. Needless to say, it was a good day!!!

DAY 31 COMPLETE

DAY 32

Info: Busy day today, more ammo tests = more practice, at least that's good. I leave tomorrow morning for the match, and just finished cooking a bunch of chicken breasts to take with me so that my eating doesn't stray. Going to buy some canned green beans, and take along my almond butter so in a pinch I have protein, fat and veggies with me at all times......look at that starting to plan ahead!!!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Salmon cakes x 3, romaine lettuce salad with olive oil and balsalmic, black olives, and some cantaloupe.

Lunch: chicken breast, romaine salad, guacamole and habanero salsa

Dinner: Ground beef, baby carrots, some banana, and a handful of pistachios

Exercise log: 2 hours on the range today, some holster practice, and then I did bicep curls and military presses. Once I get back from the match (likely monday) I am going to start a progressing workout plan.

DAY 32 COMPLETE

DAY 32

Info: Busy day today, more ammo tests = more practice, at least that's good. I leave tomorrow morning for the match, and just finished cooking a bunch of chicken breasts to take with me so that my eating doesn't stray. Going to buy some canned green beans, and take along my almond butter so in a pinch I have protein, fat and veggies with me at all times......look at that starting to plan ahead!!!

Never underestimate the power of baby food!  My husband takes some when he travels.  Canned olives and canned tuna are also great.  We've also found some nice dehydrated veggies at Whole Foods.

Good luck this weekend!  Did you happen to catch this week's Top Shot?

Do you know if there's anything against eating pistachios (or other nuts) when the label says that they were processed in a facility by soy and therefore may have trace soy? 

If you know that you have a severe reaction to soy or tree nuts, then you would want to avoid those items.  Otherwise, if the ingredient is not listed in the actual ingredients list, it is allowed.

DAY 33 - Friday August 23rd

Info: Headed to Montrose for the Colorado State IDPA match today. Our drive should have taken us about 5 hours, instead we got all kinds of cool traffic. Was still able to make it to the range and register for the match though! Nice dinner with a bunch of friends, not much else going on other than some R&R to get ready for the match on Sat!

Food Log:

Lunch: chicken breast, black olives, romaine lettuce

Dinner: Blackened NY steak, mixed green salad, sauteed fresh veggies

DAY 33 COMPLETE

DAY 34 - Saturday August 24th

Info: Today was going pretty well out at the range, packed my meals, except didn't have a veggie with me, not sure what I was thinking there. The range offered sloppy joes and coleslaw for lunch, seemed good to me, didn't think about it until I had ate it, coleslaw has a lot of sugar in it. My mess up, my penalty I guess, so I am using a cheat day for today. I've got 2 left for the rest of the year, which oddly enough I am looking forward to using up, so I have no other options. Since I used a cheat day, I had some trail mix and a few beers as well after the State match. Click to see how I fared at the Colorado State IDPA Championships.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Chicken breast, almonds and freeze dried fruit

Lunch: sloppy Joe's (without bun) almonds, beef jerky, and some coleslaw

Dinner: Avocado/chicken/bacon melt, chips and salsa,

Exercise log: Spent from 7am-8pm on the range, 1st shooting the Colorado State IDPA Championships, and then helping tear it all down.

Day 34 Complete

Archived