Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

DAY 35 - Sunday August 25th

Info: Long drive home today, but we all made it in once piece! Managed to get mostly back on track with eating, left out some veggies as I didn't have any with me, and wasn't going to try and eat a salad while trying to make the best time back to Denver.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Chicken breast, almonds, plantain chips (plantains and sea salt)

Lunch: Beef jerky, almonds, and some more plantains

Dinner: Chicken breast in sugar free marinara sauce, some carrots and more almonds

Snack: none

Exercise log: none - back issues again, tweaked it at the state match, I am going to have to take a week off and re evaluate after that. I am going to try cardio here and there, but lay off the lifting for a bit. Not that I was doing that much, but seems ever time I lift or twist it re tweaks the muscle pull.

DAY 35 COMPLETE

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 36 - Monday August 26th

Info: Back at home and getting back in to the swing of things, have to go out today and get some supplies, running out of veggies, protein and fats!

Food Log:

Breakfast: SF salami, coconut wrap, and lettuce (salami rolls) handful of almonds

Lunch: SF salami, coconut wrap, and lettuce (salami rolls) handful of almonds

Dinner: Homemade ceviche with: Pasilla peppers, celery, onion, cucumber, mango, fresh squeezed lime juice, and chili shrimp. Handful of almonds

Exercise log: none

DAY 36 COMPLETE

DAY 37 - Tuesday August 27th

Info: Got a lot of veggies in the house and got some bulk cooking done so there is less scrambling and more relaxing when thinking about whats for dinner. Felt really good today for some reason, I think finally being back home, with food cooked and not much else to do was a nice relief. Although hardcore practice for the Utah State IDPA match starts tomorrow, I am not going all the way to Utah to make a stupid mistake and lose the match like I did in Colorado! More on that here:  Click to see how I fared at the Colorado State IDPA Championships. Did well breaking the caffeine issue I had last week though, no headaches and only an iced tea here and there! Woohoo!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Leftover ceviche from the night before

Lunch: SF salami, coconut wrap, and lettuce (salami rolls) handful of almonds

Dinner: Homemade stir with: zucchini, yellow squash, bok choy, water chestnuts, onion, artichoke hearts, green pepper, garlic, coconut aminos, and coconut oil. Topped with Chili marinated chicken (coconut oil, chili powder, and organic chicken)

Snack: handful of almonds

DAY 37 COMPLETE

DAY 38 - Wednesday August 28th

Info: Another strong day with the food, seem to be gathering momentum now. Plus I found an outstanding recipe for balsamic glazed chicken breast with mushrooms. Tasted awesome and it took literally 10 minutes to cook it! I will be posting this one in the recipe side bar, so look for it there. (The sidebar of my blog: http://whole360.blogspot.com/ )

Food Log:

Breakfast: SF salami, coconut wrap, and lettuce (salami rolls) handful of almonds

Lunch: SF salami, coconut wrap, and lettuce (salami rolls), organic applesauce, and a handful of almonds

Dinner: Balsamic glazed chicken breast with balsamic sauteed mushrooms, handful of almonds

Snack: Hand full of dried apple chips

DAY 38 COMPLETE

Snapped a photo of dinner right before it was inhaled

photo%287%29.JPG

DAY 39 - Thursday August 29th

Info: Good day today again, all food went well, and I find myself easier to control the in between meals hunger if that makes sense. I used to get hungry way before lunch etc, but now it has kind of leveled out. I think that has to do with getting enough of all the right foods, well I don't think, I know!

Food Log:

Lunch: Balsamic glazed chicken breast with balsamic sauteed mushrooms, handful of almonds

Dinner:Left over stir fry with balsamic chicken breast, handful of almonds and some frozen black cherries

Exercise log: back is definitely feeling better over the last few days, I am excited, can't wait to start some consecutive workouts and really get this ball rolling.

DAY 39 COMPLETE

I think adding more vegies would do a lot for your training and recovery - your intake is very limited! Perhaps using lettuce leaves instead of the coconut wraps, and using other vegies as the filing would get you eating more, and with greater variety!

You could add grated carrot, beetroot, capsicum strips, cucumber etc :)

Amber,

I guess I need to do a better job of describing my food, in the coconut wraps there is so much lettuce I can't get them closed, I have to eat them like a taco!

Ill start adding some more photos, but I am getting about 3 cups of veggies per meal!

Just measured and it's about 3 cups not 2.

And I'm eating 2 of them so I'm close to your salad veggie amount wise!

I will expand the variety a bit, that's actually why I made the ceviche and stir fry lots of different veggies in those.

Plus I was poor the last few weeks so I had to go with the cheapy veggie aka lettuce (I know bad)

DAY 40 - Friday August 30th

Info: Thanks to amberino21 for opening my eyes a big on my veggie selection, which was just not a very good variety. I took it to heart and am trying to get at least 3 different types of veggies with each meal now. That wont always be possible, but I will at least mix it up across my meals for the day and get variety that way. I also have made sure I am starting with at LEAST 3 cups of veggies, more greens!!!! I also have decided to add some photos of what I'm eating to better convey what I am getting. These salads were HUGE and delicious!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Chicken, Spring mix lettuce/Spinach salad with mushrooms, carrots, avocado, and black olives. Topped with homemade habanero salsa and balsamic and olive oil dressing.

Lunch: Steak salad with carrots, lettuce mix, red bell pepper, onion, and fresh salsa

Dinner: Chicken, Spring mix lettuce/Spinach salad with mushrooms, carrots, avocado, and black olives. Topped with homemade habanero salsa and balsamic and olive oil dressing.

DAY 40 COMPLETE

Format is messed up here,it's better on my blog but here is lunch and dinner salads!

photo+1%25283%2529.JPGphoto+2%25283%2529.JPG

DAY 41 - Saturday August 31th

Info: Today was the 2nd "planned" cheat day of my 5 allowable for the year, and it started off that way. I didn't wake up until almost 11am! (I can never sleep in that long, I am usually awake and ready to go at 6-7am if I am not up earlier - an NO I am not a morning person!) So I missed breakfast....cardinal sin #1. Then we went grocery shoplifting (a joke my college roommate and I used to say) and I didn't really get to each lunch. (handful of almonds, and some apple chips)....cardinal sin #2 (can you see where this is headed?) Later in the day, my good friend was having a diaper/beer/BBQ for his and her baby shower. I went knowing I would likely have some drinks to celebrate with them, and enjoy the good food. Well I damn near enjoyed all the food/drinks/snacks until it fell off!...cardinal sin #3 for the day.......

Here is where I am at (and for me this is actually a good thing) I have 1 cheat day left. Yep that's it. One......for the rest of the year. I have no more freebies after that one is gone, which for me will increase my focus, and keep me on track. I know some of you are like yeah right, hes done, no way he will make it....PLEASE PLEASE tell me that in a mssg, comment or to my face...it just fuels my fire further to succeed!

Food Log:

Breakfast: none

Lunch: handful of almonds, apple chips

Dinner: Smoked chicken leg, jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese, and sausage, potato salad, potato chips, Doritos, cake, booze, sour cream dip, baked beans, and whatever else I could shovel in to my face.

Snack: Many Many Jack Daniel's (you Son of a B.......) and diet cokes

DAY 41 COMPLETE

DAY 42 - Sunday September 1st

Info: Sorry got a few days behind on the updates, had a great weekend with the family, Zoo, Water World (big water park in Colorado) Lots of sunburn, you know the drill.....Anyways here come the updates at you fast and furious! Hope you are enjoying my journey as much as I am. Oh and for those of you asking for updated photos and stats....keep an eye out, those are coming soon too!

Food Log:

photo(2).JPG

Breakfast and Lunch!

Breakfast:Turkey sandwich boats with black olive, artichoke hearts, and black olives. Almonds for fat.

Lunch: Turkey sandwich boats with black olive, artichoke hearts, and black olives. Avocado for fat.

Dinner: Coconut oil fried steak nuggets battered with almond meal and egg, topped with balsamic mushrooms and carrots.

photo+1%25283%2529.JPG

Dinner! Who says eating healthy can't be delicious?

Exercise log: 5 mile walk, started a exercise program with a friend today consisted of 5 push ups, 50 squats and 25 leg lifts.

DAY 42 COMPLETE

DAY 43 - Monday September 2nd

Info: Water World trip today, few more miles of walking, a LOT of uphill, was good! And lots of sunburn.....SPF 50 doesn't stay on long when you are ripping down giant water slides!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Odd breakfast, didn't feel like eating but made myself. Bunch of random stuff, but it fit the bill: Almond butter, carrots, mushrooms, turkey breast

Lunch: Turkey breast sandwich boats, with black olive, avocado, carrots and romaine. Oh yeah and mustard. Handful of pistachios

Dinner: Chicken fried steak (coconut oil, batter made of almond meal and egg) fried zucchini and yellow squash (again in coco oil, almond meal and egg)

Exercise log: ~2 mile walk, 7 pushups, 55 squats, and 30 leg lifts.

DAY 43 COMPLETE

(sorry no food pics this time around, out on the road isn't conducive to taking pics of your food!)

DAY 44 - Tuesday September 3rd

Info: Back to work today, of course since yesterday I felt like a piece of extra crispy bacon (sunburn), I did not cook anything for work today, so had to scramble a bit, but I made it through ok. Dinner finished strong, and I got some bulk cooking done for the rest of the week.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Almonds, black olives, and some carrots. No real protein to speak of, was not prepared this morning.

Lunch: Romaine salad with steak, guacamole, and fresh salsa

Dinner: Ground beef burritos with black olives, romaine lettuce, and homemade salsa. Wrapped in St Julian coconut wraps. (man were these good!)

Exercise log: 7 pushups, 60 squats, 35 leg lifts

DAY 44 COMPLETE

Dinner Burritos!

photo+2%284%29.JPG

DAY 45 - Wednesday September 4th

Info: Crazy week at work has left me behind on the updates again, going to try and set aside some time each night so these are coming in at real time instead of every few days or so. I know you guys are probably bored with reading these, but it keeps me accountable if I post em!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Ground beef burritos with black olives, avocado, romaine lettuce, and homemade salsa. Wrapped in St Julian coconut wraps.

Lunch: Ground beef burritos with black olives, avocado, romaine lettuce, and homemade salsa. Wrapped in St Julian coconut wraps.

Dinner: Leftovers! Had some almond dusted chicken fried steak, 1 burrito, romaine, carrots, leftover olives ect. No pics of this, it wasn't pretty LOL

Exercise log: 7 pushups, Squat break, 40 leg lifts

DAY 45 COMPLETE

DAY 46 - Thursday September 5th

Info: No pictures of dinner or any other food, but I did bust out the camera when I made Olive oil mayo! I will have the recipe posted on my blog here: http://whole360.blogspot.com/ if you are interested. Even if you know about OOM I show in the pics how to drizzle the oil so you don't lose your emulsion, which can at times be tricky!

Oh yeah and the NFL is back!!!!! Woo Hooo!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Ground beef burritos with black olives, avocado, romaine lettuce, and homemade salsa. Wrapped in St Julian coconut wraps.

Lunch: Ground beef burritos with black olives, avocado, romaine lettuce, and homemade salsa. Wrapped in St Julian coconut wraps.

Dinner: Hamburger patty with salt and pepper topped with diced onion, black olive, romaine, and mustard. Handful of almonds for fat source.

Exercise log: 8 pushups, 70 squats, 45 leg lifts

DAY 46 COMPLETE

DAY 47 - Friday September 6th

Info: I was in an inventive mood tonight, and I had a dilemma, my issue was with Whole30 eating all my stuff kept falling off my burgers, and spreading all over my plate. So I fixed that, and came up with a cool way to eat burgers and all your toppings without losing them all over the plate! Check out the pics below and on my blog if you so wish to! http://whole360.blogspot.com/

Food Log:

Lunch: Chicken romaine lettuce boats with habanero salsa, avocado and black olives x 3

Dinner: Hamburger bowls with romaine lettuce, onions, black olives, cilantro, diced dill pickle, and jalapeno. Topped with cumin Olive oil mayo and mustard.

Exercise log: 9 pushups, 75 squats, 50 leg lifts

I introduce to you "Hamburger Bowls"!! Keep all your toppings ON your burger!

photo9_zps6d4ea96e.jpg

DAY 47 COMPLETE

DAY 48 - Saturday September 7th

Info: Had a get together at my house with some friends who are all sensitive to what I have to eat, etc, went really well, I was able to shrug of the want for a drink or two, cheesecake and soda. I ate clean, and felt awesome for it today! Oh yeah and I got to enjoy a bonfire with good friends =) Sorry no pics of the food again today, was busy entertaining and cooking for a crowd!

Food Log:

Breakfast: mixup of leftovers again, romaine lettuce, carrots, some onion, ground beef, and a handful of almonds

Lunch: wasnt really hungry so just ate some carrots, celery, and a handful of almonds. Not much in the way of protein.

Dinner: Shrimp ceviche with pasilla pepper, cilantro, cucumber, radish, onion, celery, avocado, and lime juice, Chicken thighs marinated in balsamic, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Small serving of homemade guacamole (avocado, onion, salt, lime juice)

Exercise log: 9 pushups, 75 squats, 50 leg lifts

DAY 48 COMPLETE

DAY 49 - Sunday September 8th

Info: Laid around and watched some football today as well as the F1 race....was a good weekend all around in my sports world... Sebastian Vettel won the Italian Grand Prix, The Michigan Wolverines beat Notre Dame, The Detroit Lions won, and so did the New England Patriots! Now once hockey starts I will be a satisfied sports fan! Oh yeah, I also did some bulk cooking of steak and chicken so I am prepared for the coming week with food, and I made some tasty energy bar replacements (they contain dates, nuts, coconut and water for the most part) made them to supplement my fat intake with some other options than olives and avocado all the time. Recipes on the blog to follow on those. And I know some of you are thinking.....those might be Sex With your Pants on, but honestly I never ever really ate any kind of bar, and its really the same as eating them all separately except I ground em all up!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Hamburger bowl with romaine lettuce, onions, black olives, cilantro, diced dill pickle, and jalapeno. Topped with cumin Olive oil mayo and mustard.

Lunch: Hamburger bowls with romaine lettuce, onions, black olives, cilantro, diced dill pickle, and jalapeno. Topped with cumin Olive oil mayo and mustard.

Dinner:  1/2 serving of Balsamic marinated chicken, 1/2 serving of grilled steak seasoned with salt,pepper, garlic, and red pepper, black olives, romaine lettuce and some onions.

Exercise log: push up break , 80 squats, 55 leg lifts

DAY 49 COMPLETE

Grilling some proteins!!

photo10_zps8a594ea4.jpg

DAY 50- Monday September 9th

Info: Well today is day 50, which is by far the longest I've gone doing the Whole30 and I still feel good. Plan on really ramping up the workouts over the next few weeks. The 30 day thing I'm doing now is a good quick workout, but I feel I need to step it up a bit to take advantage of my clean eating.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Chicken breast, romaine lettuce, homemade apple bar for fat

Lunch: big salad with green and black olive, egg, ground beef, carrot, cabbage, and onion

Dinner: Steak, broccoli, and some cumin infused OOM

Exercise log: 8 pushups, squat break, 60 leg lifts

DAY 50 COMPLETE

DAY 51 - Tuesday September 10th

Info:  I decided 2 weeks was too long to wait so I'm going back to the gym tomorrow. Why waste 2 weeks? I've got the motivation so may as well jump on it before I change my mind! And I can be 2 weeks further ahead if I just bite the bullet and get at it.

Food Log:

Breakfast: Tuna with cumin OOM, kosher dill relish and black olives on romaine lettuce, and apple bar

Lunch: Steak burritos with romaine, black olives and a boatload of habanero salsa, wrapped in coconut wrap.

Dinner: Salmon cakes with romaine salad, black olives, cumin mayo, and franks red hot sauce

Exercise log:  9 pushups100 squats, leg lift rest

DAY 51 COMPLETE

Lunch Burritos

photo+1%25288%2529.JPG

Salmon cakes!!

photo+2%25288%2529.JPG

DAY 52 - Wednesday September 11th

Info:  Not much to be said for today, was an easy day eating wise, the workout program is starting to get a little challenging now, its nice! I did not make the gym like I had planned, I need to move my alarm, I shut it off and didn't even know I did it until almost 2 hours later!

And just a prayer for all the victims of September 11th on this 12th anniversary. My thoughts go out to all of the families affected by this.

Food Log:

Breakfast:Salmon cakes with Romaine salad, carrots, and OOM

Lunch: Salmon cakes with Romaine salad, carrots, and OOM, and homemade coconut bar

Dinner: Salmon cakes with romaine salad and radishes, Chicken breast with sauteed onion and garlic. Tablespoon of OOM

Exercise log:  10 pushups105 squats, 65 leg lifts

DAY 52 COMPLETE

Archived