Sauerkraut Suggestions

I LOVE sauerkraut, put it in the slow cooker with some polish sausage.  Warm with caraway seed as a side to thick pork chops. delish.

Here is my problem -  OBVIOUSLY the polish sausage is out and it is hard to find quality pork here so i'm not really sure what to do with my kraut!

Meal suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Day 1 of my whole30 in the bag. Yay me! http://whole30bydana.wordpress.com/

Hi Dana,

I just mix it up with a bunch of other veggies after I have cooked them or use it as a side with your choice of protein.

Sauerkraut has heaps of excellent benefits for your stomach similar to yoghurt.

Enjoy.

Sue

Have you tried Bubbies brand sauerkraut? My opinion is that it's the best out there and needs very little to dress it up. I eat it raw as a side with most meals. Seems to compliment my lunches particularly well (eggs, grilled meats, etc.). 

Yes, I bought the Bubbies brands, lucky to find it here in East Texas.  I saw somebody somewhere say they used it as a topper for their sweet potato, I was skeptical but I tried it. DELISH.  And yes, I have started just eating it as a side dish, for some reason being raised in a Jewish/Polish/German community it never occurred to me to just eat it like a vegetable.

I also bought the Bubbies kosher pickles and am looking forward to trying them today as a side to some lovely chicken salad I made.

I used to eat sardines on saltines all the time, an not so sure about it now.  But I bought some and figure i'll just fork em up out of the tin and try with the sauerkraut.  Why not!

Archived