Grass Fed Beef Special!

Jinkse21

A friend of mine sent this to me...it's for a voucher for grass fed beed from the American Farmers Network.

http://local.amazon.com/cincinnati/B00DWEK0T2?src=email&cid=em_dd_450_101_na_s1_&ref_=pe_254660_31155970_md

• $99 ($229 value) for standard grass-fed organic steak sampler: four eight-ounce rib eye steaks, four six-ounce top sirloins, and two six-ounce flank steaks
  • $129 ($269 value) for premium grass-fed organic steak sampler: four six-ounce filet mignons, four eight-ounce New York strips, four six-ounce top sirloins, and two six-ounce hanger steaks
  • $149 ($299 value) for deluxe grass-fed organic steak sampler: four six-ounce bacon-wrapped filet mignons, four eight-ounce rib eye steaks, four eight-ounce New York strips, and two six-ounce top sirloins
  • Produced without any growth stimulants, synthetic hormones, antibiotics or pesticides

It ends in just over 5 days!  I wasn't even aware that AmericanFarmersNetwork.com existed.  What a great find!!!

Their regular prices are really high considering I can stop by Whole Foods and pick out 1 really good-looking steak and have it on the grill in less than 30 minutes.  I calculated their prices after the discount and they were pretty good, especially to have on hand.  I ended up buying the premium package since I will not be able to drive for a few weeks after having my knee replacement in Aug.  I love that they are individually wrapped and flash frozen so I can take out just what I need.

As for ground beef, I buy it at Trader Joe's for 6.99 a package and freeze them.  Much, much cheaper!!   ;)

• 6 months later...
Guest Wheat on Trial

Hey there! Thought I'd bring this topic back to life, as there's another Amazon Local Deal for this company:

http://local.amazon.com/nyc-downtown/B00HX58GGK

Just wondering if you enjoyed the package you purchased from them last time (or if anybody else has experience with this company). Also, I see their regular prices are steep, but I think the deal is good - given this is my first whole 30 and I've been buying organic (but not grass fed) meat from Costco at fairly good prices, I'm not 100% sure. Can an expert on grass fed meat prices weigh in?

Thanks!

Well...I wrote a long post and then hit the wrong button and it went away:(  So sorry if this is a duplicate post.....

Given the cold temps this winter causing some farmers to lose some of their stock as well as having to feed more hay/feed earlier and more often, I expect beef prices to continue to rise.  So if you find a good deal on meat, you might want to stock your freezer.

Looking at the links supplied above....For the Touchdown Celebration, it looks like it's 4.75 pounds of meat for 89 bucks.  That comes out to $18.74/pound.  That would be ok if it were all steaks.  But there is 1 pound of chicken as well as 1.5 pounds of burger, plus a couple weiners.  Seems a little high to me.

The link that Jinkse21 supplied is 5.75 pounds of meat for $129.  That comes out to $22.43/lb.  That is fair to a little high. But shipping is included, so that helps.  Also, note that grass fed hangar steaks are really hard to come by.  They are an amazing cut of meat if you know how to cook them!  It should be a nice way to recover from knee surgery!

If you are looking for sources of quality meat, you might try www.eatwild.com.  Of course, it's buyer beware...check prices and ask questions.

AllyB

www.grassfedisbetter.com

Guest Wheat on Trial

Thanks AllyB - I just needed a simple way to calculate, so that helps. If I go with the "Tailgate Party," that is about 8.25 lbs of meat ($16.85 per lb, if I did math correctly!)

So I think that's ok - even with the hot dogs and chicken included. Can't hurt to try it once, right?

Sure, go for it!  You mentioned that you buy organic but not nessarily grassfed.  I prefer grassfed (obviously :D ) if given the choice between the two.  Grassfed beef has more omega-3 fatty acids.  Organic beef (technically) can be fed corn which changes the fat profile to more omega-6s and omega-3s.  Certainly organic is better than just 'supermarket beef' (in general).  But to me, grassfed has the most health benefits.

The steaks were good.  In fact, I still have some in the freezer.  I bought a cert to get steaks for my parents as well....they weren't fans.  My dad is a butcher from way back so he is picky about how steaks are cut, especially filet mignon.  He noticed some were cut with the grain.  When he grilled them, he said they were tough to cut through and they didn't like the flavor.  I don't know if he still has them but I explained to him that the grass-fec beef if definitely going to taste different than the conventional beef he normally gets and also doesn't need to be cooked as long.

In the end, I liked the steaks but I was never a butcher from Chicago!  :D

Eatwild.com has not been helpful for me at all, unfortunately I have to buy whatever is available at WF's, TJ's and Costco, sometimes Publix. I would LOVE to buy locally but I don't think that is going to happen. The closest I have found is well over 4hr drive one way. :( I'd rather buy the best quality I can afford from the stores available to me than drive 4 hours away or order online. The way I see it, if I am buying from the stores here in town at least that is adding to the economy of our town. Besides, most times I can't afford the prices of ordering online. :(

Archived