Anyone else starting July 22nd?

primalamy

Hi, my name is Amy.

I did the Whole 30 program last year and felt fantastic. Then I fell off the wagon around the holidays and recently started eating paleo again. I decided I need to do the Whole 30 program again to really reset my body.

I have PCOS and the following autoimmune conditions:

• Psoriasis
  • Keratosis Pilaris
  • Hidradenitis Suppurativa
  • Rosacea and
  • Seborrheic Dermatitis

so I will be doing the autoimmune version of the plan. I just ordered my Whole 30 approved supplements, and they should be here Friday

I am hoping there will be some other people starting next Monday, so we can support each other through the first 30 days and beyond.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on starting Monday, doing a "ruff start" this week. I have injured my shoulder and will be in a sling until next week so I'm dependent on others to cook for me this week. I want to do this to be healthy, I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have two girls that I want to set a good example for. I have been eating mostly paleo for a few months and the difference in my migraines is amazing. I excited to see how much better I can feel.

Good morning!  Congrats for making the decision to start again.

I would like to hear more about the migraine relief by changing to Paleo. I was hesitant to begin because I didn't want to disrupt my diet because I have my migraines under control with medication. I have been reading the book this week and am still educating myself about the program. 

I tried meds for my migraines and I hated the "haze" I was in when I took them. I talked with my primary dr and my acupunctureist (who is also a MD) and they thinkt that I have a gluten intolerance. After many discussions with both of them we decided that a gluten free diet was the way to go and after much research I decided that Paleo would be better for me than just gluten free.

Good Morning,

I know that feeling oh so well. I'm dealing with it and functioning with a full time job. But when it's quitting time I really check out at home and relax with some quiet time. Far away from all the noise, lights and people chatting on the phones.  

Yesterday went well.  Hubby and I ate our three meals but around 3pm felt the need to eat an apple. This is the time were I usually drink a cup of coffee after work. But I did not have that cup of coffee!  

Today, I'm going to try out a few recipes from Chowstalker to spice it up a little. 

Have a great day! Best of luck!

Carol

Hi - I am also going to be starting tomorrow. I realized grains and sugar were a problem for me, so for the past week i cut out grains but still had dairy. I found that I was hooked on yogurt, I used that instead of sugar and carbs. So last night I signed up to start tomorrow, I should have started today because I just allowed myself to have chips and a heavy desert as a "pre whole30" treat. Gosh, not a treat, I feel terrible and sick to my stomach. I am more committed than ever to cut out the crap and eat real meals, of real foods! Bring it on!

My name is Sharon and I live in Eastern NC.  I will be starting July 22, Monday.  I have been Primal off and on for the last couple of years but feel I need this strict 30 days to get back on program.  Looking forward to the next 30 days and beyond.

Hello Everyone!!!

I am also starting tomorrow, the 22nd. I made it to day 10 before getting a super nasty cold and completely fell off. It hurts to have to start over but I'm hoping 2nd time around works. In my previous experience I found myself being a slave to the kitchen preparing a ton of food in hopes of preventing hunger. This excessive effort made the process overwhelming. Has anyone seen a difference with keeping moderately portioned meals and exercising more discipline as far as hunger goes? I am a single mother with two small children and with that amount of work I'm not sure I can maintain 30 days. Any tips help!

I am starting on Monday also. I have been mostly paleo since October and have lost: fatigue, depression, joint swelling/inflammation, and about 70 pounds. Lately I've been having energy slumps and my weight loss has kind of stalled. I'm wanting to clean up my act and get my body as healthy as I can.

It sounds like we have a nice group ready to start tomorrow. I have my supplements, meats and veggies ready to go. Good luck to everyone!

Lisa, the only recommendation I have is to take a few hours one day a week to prepare as much food as you can. Hardboil some eggs, precook several proteins, chop veggies for salads and stir fries. I do that and it makes it so much easier when I don't have a lot of time.

From one Amy to another Amy - thank you for the tips PrimalAmy!  I did some cooking tonight in preparation for tomorrow, but I will definitely need to do more to get through the week.  One question I have, my info on the program is just from the website....do I need the book in order to do it properly?  Is there something in there that I need to know? 

My plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast: Quiche - eggs and veggies and Red cabbage with apples

Lunch: Salmon with roasted veggies

Dinner: chicken with a salad, broccoli

I am usually a snacker, I am going to work on eating more substantial meals so I can last 4-5 hours between.  

Fearoflanding - that is some great progress!!! 

Lisa - let's think positive!  I have 3 kids, I am going to make their meals that they eat with me pretty paleo, lunch which they eat at camp will be a sandwich...it will still be hard to make that!

Good luck everyone!

Yup, starting tomorrow, July 22!  Once I start focusing on a food committment I just have to get going.  Have been "mostly" Paleo for over a year, but have slid into lots of bad habits around the edges.  So the core of the program doesn't feel hard to me, since I'm used to it.  What I expect to be hard is the complete absence of bread and crackers (I'm an almond flour baker), alcohol, and sweeteners in anything.  I look forward to losing some weight, sleeping better (this is really a problem area for me), and waking in the morning with a clearer head and better energy!  I guess those are my goals.

I am usually a snacker, I am going to work on eating more substantial meals so I can last 4-5 hours between.

I find making sure I have good fats with all my meals keeps me from getting hungry and snacking a lot. I cook my stir fries and veggies with coconut oil, make my salad dressings with olive oil, add avocdo and olives to my meals, etc.

Count me in!

I eat pretty paleo but have completely fallen off the wagon within the last month - I started a new job, moved, new boyfriend, and have had some family in town for a while - dining out with them caused the occasional slippage to become a daily issue and I've been binge eating and sugar-craving like a madwoman, so it's beyond high time for a system reset.

I've never done a whole30 before, and I'm 75% excited and 25% nervous. I'm only nervous because I think my wee sugar issue is significant and I'm afraid of not getting rid of it, slipping up and guilt tripping myself and redeveloping a bad relationship with food. I'm really glad this forum exists and I hope it's okay to post progress and support each other.

So hi everyone!

got my meals all planed out for today

B is egg casserole with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and spinach with a few fresh blueberries

L is a nice cucumber,tomotoe, avacado salad with some deer meat

D is lemon caper chicken breast with fresh greens out of the garden.

Good luck to everyone on Day 1!

Today is the day!  So far so good for me.   Here is a list of the 9 people who have committed to the 30 days on this thread.  I would love to keep the conversation going for the next 30 days.  I will continue to live my normal life for the next month, which means, parties, brithdays, happy hours....and I am going to keep the promise, no compromises!

Sharon

Primal Amy

Whole Amy

Schapiro

38flamingo

Fearoflanding

Lisa3

Sklauch

KristieGros

I'm starting today!  I've been doing 80% paleo for the last 6 months and have recently started to fall off the wagon a bit.  I thought Whole30 would be a good way for me to get back on the wagon and hopefully kickstart my weight loss again...I'm doing a GORUCH Challenge at the end of August and REALLY would rather carry 4 bricks instead of 6. 

I'm starting today too! I'm excited and a little nervous. I've read the book and am ready to have a better relationship with food. I'm an emotional eater and have a terrible sweet tooth. I think a drastic change is what I need. I lost about 20 lbs from Nov-May with diet and exercise but have let 8 lbs creep back on in the last couple months. I'm looking forward to the support and ideas.

Let's do this!!

Archived