Day 11 with no sign of energy returning....:(

cat981

hey guys,

I'm at the end of day 11 and am still having alot of fatigue with workouts. Other than today I haven't been tired any other time except after about 10 mins into CrossFit. Also my strength seems to have dropped some as well but I'm sure that's from being so worn out during workouts. I'm eating all my meals and pre/post WO snacks according to plan. Figured by now the energy would've returned....anyone else go this long before they got back on track with workouts??

Today's menu was 3 eggs with red and green bell peppers, mushrooms and onions sautéed in evoo with strawberries and blueberries after. Pre wo boiled egg and handfu of cashews. Post boiled egg and raw carrots. lunch was lamb with spinach salad with mushroom and olives and compliant ranch dressing. dinner will be shrimp sautéed in evoo with steamed veggies and watermelon after. I've tried adding in sweet potatoes but taste is terrible to me and I didn't notice any difference on the days I choked them down.

As much as you've said you don't like them, sweet potatoes are a great source of starchy carbs, which you have very little of....and help a lot with energy!

You may not have enough fats either - cooking oil doesn't really account for a lot so you may want to add extra to the meals where you've only included cooking oils/fat

What about trying different starchy vegetables if you don't like sweet potatoes. Squash? Jicama? There are other options. Most of us just love the sweet potato.

That said I felt like my workouts were crap for a good solid 2 weeks when I started eating paleo so maybe just need more time.

• 3 weeks later...

What if you roast sweet potatoes in a little olive oil, salt and cumin?  or olive oil and rosemary? those are my favorite ways to eat them.

And sometimes if you are constantly training you might need to back off a bit.  I obviously have no idea what your training has been like, but over-training is a real thing and I'd wager it is easier to get there when you're body is transitioning its fuel source.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived