Results already! 2 weeks into my 1st Whole30!

3dayevent

Day Fourteen, the almost-halfway point of my Whole30!  I'm strongly considering extending my Whole30 to a Whole45

Honestly, I feel phenomenal, my workout recovery is easier, my energy levels are tremendously more stable, my body doesn't feel inflamed, and my outlook on life has been far more optimistic and positive.  Waking up in the early-morning hours was nearly impossible; now, I wake up with the first chime of my alarm clock.  Rather than plummeting energy levels throughout the day, my energy levels seem very stable.  I find myself disbelieving that after a CrossFit WOD that difficult, my recovery time is significantly less than it has ever been before.  I'm not experiencing bloating or inflammation in my hands and feet anymore.  My general perspective seems lighter and brighter.  I am thoroughly enjoying cooking and experimenting with new recipes too.  The food is delicious!!  I also went for five hours without eating today, and wasn't lightheaded or ill.  Before Whole30, that would have never been the case.  What's not to love? 

The only real struggle that I'm currently facing is what I believe to be detox.  I've struggled with mild-moderate acne for years and tried lots of prescription antibiotics and harsh chemicals, but nothing has resolved the issue.  I had moderate breakouts before Whole30, but around day seven of Whole30, I noticed a lot of new breakouts, especially around my mouth and chin.  I also noticed a lot of whiteheads and very dry skin.  I've heard that it often gets worse before it gets better, and I'm hoping that is true.  The breakouts are definitely still here, but I feel like they may be less inflamed now, on day fourteen.  I'm hoping to complete this program with clearer skin- however long it may take.  :)

I want to take 'Day 15' pictures, but is that like a measurement?  I have not stepped on a scale or taken new measurements since I started the program.  I'd love to compare what I look like now to the 'Day 0' photos, but I don't want to cheat at all.  Feedback, please!!

Are you kidding?! Ive taken a bunch! HA! I havent posted them (cause Im chicken, lol) but take them daily if you want! Like you, I already see and feel big changes. Take those pictures. Be excited. That's what keeps us going. I cannot belive how easy this is, in all honesty. :-)

I've never posted about this but you reminded me, I had a weird detox thing happen on my first Whole30...I had these weird black patches that would show up in random spots on my skin, mostly on my back and arms and sometimes my upper chest. So bizarre.  They'd go away after a few days and then show up elsewhere.

At first I thought it was dirt and would try to scrub it off, but it was like the skin in that area had changed color.  I had it again a little on my second W30 and again when I started back up doing hot yoga, so I'm 90% sure it's a detox symptom of some sort. I've had athlete's foot off and on for years and it's gotten better since doing multiple W30s so maybe it's that leaving my body, I have no idea.  Anyway, just mentioning this to say, never underestimate the weird detox stuff that can happen on this!  ;)

Thank you, all!  I'll upload the photos tomorrow, if I'm feeling brave!!  I am so enthused about what's to come in the next fifteen days.  Whether there is much of an aesthetic transformation or not, I feel so much better inside.  That's worth all of the effort alone! :)

If you've been limiting your fruit intake and starchy carb intake it could be candida die off. I went through really bad breakouts around day 9-16 of my last whole 30. It sucked. But once it was over sometimes I would forget to wash my face at night or whatever. And I would wake up the next day expecting it to be oily and gross and I actually had clear perfect skin. Hopefully it will get better

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there! First of all, way to go you! I'm just starting my journey and your post was very inspiring! Second, I am a medical esthetician and can offer you a bit of advice on the acne..

1. You're right. It does usually get worse before it gets better. So all those whiteheads you're seeing is probably the beginning of clearer skin! Just keep drinking a lot of water and make sure you are cleansing your face am and pm and also using a moisturizer.

2. Even if you don't wear makeup, wash your face 2x a day.

3. Do not try to dry up the acne. Whether you're oily or not, you need a moisturizer. There are so many options out there, and it doesn't have to be a heavy creme. If you over dry your skin, your sebaceous glands will get confused and actually OVER produce, causing more acne.

4. Wear a daily spf!

Hope some of that helps! I'd love to answer any questions you have about your skin!

Archived