2 weeks in, and still having stomach distress

I've been mostly Paleo for almost 2 years (anywhere from 75%-90%), but every attempt at going 100% has brought on severe stomach distress.

I've tried lots of things including Ox Bile because they removed my Gall Bladder before we figured out I can't eat Gluten, and Ox Bile helps peole with out gall bladders to process fats. I've been gluten free for 7 years, and had my gall bladder removed about 10 years ago. The Ox Bile makes it worse. Its a one size fits all supplement, and I'm only four foot/eleven, so it feels like too much for someone who is very small. I've always reintroduced non-paleo foods at this point because my stomach is wrecked, but perhaps I should keep going? Maybe I need more time to balance things out? Thoughts?

Which non-paleo foods do you think soothe your stomach, or are there paleo foods you give up on at the same time? What type of distress do you mean...like nausea, or cramping, or bathroom trouble?

I wish I had some really good advice for you. This is an article I found interested as I have a lot of friends without gallbladders. Ox biles is on the list of things to try but there is a lot of other stuff on here too. Have you tried an AI protocol?

http://balancedbites.com/2012/12/faqs-how-can-i-eat-paleo-without-a-gallbladder.html

It gets better when I go back to sugar and milk in my coffee rather than just coconut milk. I will also add a little gluten free bread. I'm suspicious that all of the coconut milk is the trouble. Because I substitute it in all areas where I once used dairy- casseroles, coffee, on top of my fruit. I bet I'm overdosing on coconut milk. I use the raw organic kind in a can, which is pretty thick- not the carton kind.

I hope you can do some troubleshooting to figure out how to make a Whole30 work for you. You may find some guidance on the "medical condition" forum too, since I'm wondering if having your gallbladder out will make your situation unique. Like another commenter, I also had to give up on nuts, since those wreaked havoc on my stomach. They never did in the past, but just as you started to overdo it on coconut milk, I overdid it on nuts when all other snacks were basically off limits. Good luck!!

Archived