Before my Whole30 I never thought I'd...

Eat (and LIKE) veggies at every meal.

Drink black coffee, also!!

Have energy left after the workday and WANT to go to the gym.

COOK!  EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Become someone who actually ate healthy and avoided things instead of indulging every time I had the temptation to.  I'm now a grocery store line food-judger of people who are basically me three weeks ago: "crap, crap, crap, fruit, crap, crap, crap, processed crap...."

Eat breakfast every day!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost through with Whole30 v 2.0, and I never thought I would be able to go to weddings, barbecues, and restaurants without "having" to eat crap.  I fill my plate with salad and protein, rejoice in lemon water, and look forward to working out because it just feels so damn amazing.

You people change lives- thank you so much!

Never thought

I'd savor Food cooked with delicious fat of coconut

Leftover bits of protein never go to waste

Likewise vegetables- it is all consumed

Use my crockpot almost every other day (and realize it really is a life and time saver)

Enjoy various cuts of fattier meats. I was queen of chicken breasts only. Not anymore

Finally, coconut flakes are freaking amazing!

Enjoy various cuts of fattier meats. I was queen of chicken breasts only. Not anymore

I was in the butchers today and was like a kid in a candy store picking out meats that I never would have bought before because of the fat!

Almost through with Whole30 v 2.0, and I never thought I would be able to go to weddings, barbecues, and restaurants without "having" to eat crap. I fill my plate with salad and protein, rejoice in lemon water, and look forward to working out because it just feels so damn amazing.

You people change lives- thank you so much!

I agree with this! It is so nice jot to have the feeling of being "left out" if I don't eat something. I just don't care about it anymore. I've changed my unhealthy relationship with food. I control food now. It does NOT control me. Thanks whole30!

...not want cheese!

I was a vegetarian for over a decade and mostly lived on cheese.  My family used to tease me about my food groups consisting only of different kinds of cheese.  Now I feel that I could go the rest of my life without cheese and not even miss it!

...not want cheese!

I was a vegetarian for over a decade and mostly lived on cheese.  My family used to tease me about my food groups consisting only of different kinds of cheese.  Now I feel that I could go the rest of my life without cheese and not even miss it!

I wish this was me, I still want it but not nearly as much. I will probably add it back in, but as a "treat" and only when I really want it and not as a default option.

Guest WholeStanley

Make tonight's dinner and all three meals for tomorrow in under an hour - and be almost too excited to eat them to get fall asleep!

Lose weight and feel great whilst never once going hungry! The days of starving and denying myself nutritious foods are over! Yippeee

Guest WholeStanley

BTW, has anyone tried using raw, shredded cabbage as opposed to spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice? We make chili from the Well-Fed cookbook, then put raw cabbage in the bottom of the bowl and top with chili. Then garnish with chopped onions, avocado, cilantro.....delicious!

I am doing this tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...

Make tonight's dinner and all three meals for tomorrow in under an hour - and be almost too excited to eat them to get fall asleep!

Lose weight and feel great whilst never once going hungry! The days of starving and denying myself nutritious foods are over! Yippeee

That's the best part! Never being hungry! Or if I am, it's not that low blood sugar kill all the the things hungry.

Drink water all day every day. I used to have days where I only had coffee (with milk and Splenda), diet coke, and crystal light. I thought the water would be the hardest part. It's not. Now I carry it with me everywhere. :)

I also never thought I could do things like bake cookies or help my kids makes s'mores without even one bite or taste. And that I wouldn't even care! Yes!

I'm on Day 16 and can already say that before Whole30 I never thought I'd...

Not miss cheese

Drink water all day

Drink coffee black

And the biggest ones for me...

Not crave diet coke

Actually want to exercise

I have essentially not exercised in 6 years. I wasn't even planning on trying until after Whole30, but I felt like I had to sign up for the gym by Day 13. Working out has always been something I dreaded and even more so the heavier I got (and the more I hurt). With this mental shift I realized I totally have the time for it and with Whole30 I hurt dramatically less.

I am not out of the weeds on cravings yet but this is the first time I've ever attempted a "more healthy" lifestyle and not felt deprived/starving all the time. 

Drink black coffee

Make my own mayonnaise

Have zucchini with eggs

Need 49 eggs a week for my husband and I

Know what it feels like to be hungry

Walk through ANY store and not buy at least 1 candy bar

Be able to taste how sweet lettuce can taste

Realize how strong my addictions were (are)

Tell my daughter to lock the scales in the trunk of her car!

• 3 weeks later...

...go without dairy.

I'll be honest, I miss putting sour cream on things. But I had no idea I'd be okay with giving up cheese. Milk went the way of the dodo with cereals, but I love cheese. When I'm not on a Whole30, I still insist on feta on a Greek salad, and I love tzaziki, goat cheese, mozzarella and tomato salads, and and sour cream (especially on Mexican or a baked potato). Ice cream is my favorite thing ever. But during a Whole30 I am perfectly okay with not having these things, and that surprises me.

...go without sugar

For me, there is no moderation with sugar. It's either all the sugar or none of the sugar. I have great hopes that with Whole30 (and its cousins Whole14, Whole7, and Whole3) I will be able to actually free myself from my binary relationship with sugar and enjoy it on occasion without inciting a binge.

...be able to stop counting things.

I built up some good habits pre-Whole30. I love vegetables and salads because my mom raised me on them and I was already eating whole foods for the most part. But Whole30 was the first time I didn't have to stake my self-worth on numbers. Points, calories, carbs, fat grams. I've counted them all. I used to count out grape tomatoes and almonds so that I could plug an exact number into my calorie calculators. I was still counting when I started playing around with paleo. Now I only count olives and tomatoes so that they're evenly divided between my snack bowls (I'm a little obsessed with consistency and I'm not ashamed).

...Eat Salmon! (I was a sea food hater, and then I started literally dreaming about foods I used to "hate" I tried them and realized they weren't so bad after all!)

...Love the person I have become. 

...Feel in control of what I ate. 

- I never thought that I was out of control, until I did my second whole30. Now I have no cravings for sugar and never feel deprived of foods that I used to crave! 

Be able to go 13 days without logging in to myfitnesspal, weighing food or drinking a green smoothie.

I just started not using mfp this week ... I still think in terms of calories and such, but am trying hard to ignore. Feel so weird to not check in and log all my food!

Archived