Starting August 1!

Foodrehaul

I've got at least 45 pounds to lose. I'd like to get back to my wedding weight at least. But even at that weight I could have spared another 10-15 pounds. So we'll see when I get there!

I'm going to miss checking in with you guys everyday! This has been great! Maybe we can continue on for a while after to see how the reintros go?

If folks who aren't going to Whole 30 continually (but may be Paleo / Whole9), and need to lose some weight want to carve out a spot somewhere in the Forums to keep tabs on each other, I'd be totally into that. It's nice having the check-ins with folks; it keeps me sane. :)

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had left over chicken, avocado and cherry tomatoes for M1. M2 is left over steak salad with a side of strawberries / blueberries and M3 a small steak with 1/2 sweet potato and broc.

On track but looking forward to a treat on Saturday for sure. Maybe a vodka seltzer with lime and a cheeseburger with no bun and veggies.

DAY 29!!!  OMG...So close and I can't believe we made it this far!  I am carrying some of my abstinence beyond the 30.  FOr the most part we plan on continuing the way we have been eatting, actually.  My body feels so much better.  BUT...my back is killing me today from a workout this weekend.  Hamstrings need stretching BIG time.  

I love my Well Fed cookbook!  Any recipe I have tried has been awesome.  Chili is one of the faves here too.

Did an early cookup today, since I have to work this Saturday.  I decided to try some more of the Well Fed recipes.  I've been following Nom Nom Paleo for months, but Clothes Make the Girl was new to me.  Finally tried those citrus carnitas everyone was raving about.  Raves were well deserved.  If you haven't made them...go get yourself some pork shoulder, they are awesome.  And I made another batch of chili, because my husband loved it before.  And Paleo Pad Thai, also rocked.  I think I'm going to buy Well Fed.  So close to the end now!  Rock on everyone!

I've also been loving my Well Fed cookbook  :)   Interesting and delicious food, and always enough for more than one meal.  One of my FAVORITE FOODS OF ALL TIME is the citrus carnitas!

Day 26 - woot, woot!  Hit my crossfit box this morning and caught my reflection in the window - wasn't sure it was mine!  Belly fat has gone down, and I slept like a baby last night...

Can't wait to see what changes happen after I've been on this (mostly, anyway) for several months.

The best and biggest change for me is my total lack of joint pain.  I thought this just must be what it is like at 41.  Glad to find out otherwise!  I get out of bed and walk (not shuffle) to the bathroom.

Hope everyone is geared up to finish strong!  I did not spend 8 hours in the kitchen prepping food yesterday (need to temper that a bit!), but feel pretty well stocked.  Thinking about just donating the things I put on the topshelf to avoid during the whole 30.  Haven't even thought about breaking into the baked beans and pasta!

Last week!!!

I can't say I'm so excited - perhaps because it 'isn't' my last week.  On the 13th I had an accidental off-road accident, and I'm going to Sept 14 to get through my TOM w/o reintroducing.  Interestingly enough 13 days after swerving off the path (day 26 here) I nearly found myself on that same blind curve.

Funny after all my posts to other people about patience and lifestyle not diet... I find myself thinking - WHY DOES THE END SEEM SO FAR AWAY?!?

So, um, yeah.

I'm offroading this weekend (trip to a city with good restaurants!), and may have to for a couple of weeks (weekends are overscheduled, no time to cook!) but I will most likely start up again mid-September and do a Whole 45 to take in October or just do the October Whole30.  I ahve to get in fighting shape before the holidays.  I'm going home for the holidays and Puerto Rico is CARB heaven.  I will not be able to beg off eating a lot of them.  Anyone else have plans to do another strict 30/45/60?

If folks who aren't going to Whole 30 continually (but may be Paleo / Whole9), and need to lose some weight want to carve out a spot somewhere in the Forums to keep tabs on each other, I'd be totally into that. It's nice having the check-ins with folks; it keeps me sane. :)

Well, I think I have to cut myself in half, so I would definitely like a group for weight loss to check in with!!! Where can I sign in??? ;)

That would be nice:) I love reading all the stuff from everyone! I have a long way to go to be where I want to be....

I was just thinking that there should be a re-intro group or something we could join.  I have anywhere from 80 to 100 pounds more to lose, and lots of gut healing to do.  I'm planning on eating paleo with a few mods after Thursday.   Not going to jump right into the old foods, instead looking to work on some other habits.  I was thinking that September might be water month for me - I'm having a hard time drinking enough.  I would LOVE to check in with people and see how you are all doing! 

Ok guys I made a new topic for us since so many are interested in keeping going with weight loss. Go down to "whole30 reintroductions" and there is a topic called "reintros and weight loss." But of course lets keep posting here too until our 30 days are up! So excited to hear about everyone's 30 day results!!

So it is day 27!  Hooray! I feel wonderful, my sleep is better, my energy is better.  But what I do notice is that if my schedule is whacked and I have to eat on the run or eat someplace where I don't always have control of food ingredients, I end up not feeling great.  And I can sense the sugar demon creeping up behind me.  I thought that would be gone by now.  I may do a few more days just to see if I can kick that feeling.

I got so bored trying to figure out what to eat, I just ate hard boiled eggs, a few almonds and some avocado.  Then did chili lettuce wraps with red cabbage slaw twice.

Tomorrow I'm making an omelet, having a nice salad with turkey and dinner will be lime chicken and squash.

I'm going to the US Open Thursday and Friday.  Plan on having a large breakfast each morning and going for salad at the grounds.  We can't bring in food (although I see people do it every year) so I have to go with what is available.  It's my last 2 days so I know I can do it! Even if I have to order a grilled chicken sandwich I'll tell them I have allergies and it has to be plain. I'll make it work.  No way am I messing up now!!

I have been finding myself bored with food the last several days, so today I pulled out the nomnompaleo app and whipped up some baked chicken with mushrooms (delicious) and dukkah-crusted lamb sirloin (looks delicious, I'll know tomorrow!).

I know I'm going until at least September 23rd because of the @#% wasabi last week, and I was pretty bummed out about it for a few days. But it is what it is, and I am doing everything I can to avoid any kind of reaction between now and then. I even navigated book club last night without going off-road- took my own salad, and only ate some of the fruit she served.

A friend is coming into town this weekend who has severe allergies to ANY product that contains either corn or a corn derivative, and gluten, so I'm looking for recipes to have with her. Should be pretty easy at this point!

I know we are close to 30 days but for me, there is some pressure about that (I have trouble with finishing things, and some trouble with success). 

I'm holding the line and trying not to think about it.  I'm going to more to the reintro phase after this week no matter what.  This is my life now. 

I just realized that today is my day 30! But I'm going to go ahead and finish out the month before I get on the scale. Went shopping yesterday and bought some bacon...will be my end of whole30 treat :). But really I plan on sticking to this for the most part except for adding back in bacon and the occasional honey.

Three more days...after the first 28, they should be a breeze. We can do this. Still loving my sleep and energy, and wait...what's that there!? Could it be the HINT of a collar bone!? Yes!

I heard one of the judges on Project Runway say that collar bones are the new cleavage. Well, bring them on! As I continue to lean down, this is what I am looking forward to the most-sexy shoulders and collar bones :0)

And I am wearing my Whole 30 pink patent leather dr. Martens on Friday-will have earned every inch of them!

Whole 30 day 29 already?! Wow. This has flown by. Remarkably, I've noticed that this time, it didn't feel like a struggle (ok, a few days did, but for the most part, no.). Yesterday, for example, I went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant with my neighbor and I didn't even want any of the tortilla chips. I wanted the SALSA, but not one chip (added the salsa to my salad)! Crazy!

Here's to keeping the momentum going and choosing "off road" foods only when I REALLY feel that I want them, instead of because of the situation (i.e., I'm in this restaurant, so I must have that...).

(Oh and Sherry: I did sign up for the emails and have gotten them all this time. Last year when I did a Whole 30, they had some server issues so some emails didn't come. Check your spam folder, or otherwise shoot them an email. They are quite responsive!)

Day 29... Wow... Almost there!

I must say, it was a good decision for me to do this during vacation.

I work in theatre, and I have five or six weeks vacation only in the summer. The rest of the year I am constantly working (weekends, holidays; Mondays are free though). Usually this break in summer is not enough for me to relax and to gain energy. But this year I feel so great!!! I am more relaxed than ever.

Happy day 30 everyone!!! See you on Saturday for results!!!!

Did anyone else sign up for the daily emails? I didn't receive one today and just wondering if anyone else did

I'm signed up for the emails and I got one both yesterday and today. That's so weird! Did you check your Spam folder? Of if you're using Gmail, did you check any of your other tabs?

SO excited to do my measurements and step on the scale on Saturday morning! I already know my clothes are looser and my boyfriend has been insisting on how much smaller I am, so I expect my measurements, at the very least, will be really exciting. :)

I had my first food anxiety dream in over a week last night. I had a dream that my mom wanted to make me some sort of fruit canape. I looked over the ingredients and it looked okay, but after I ate them, I was like: "DUH. The pastry had flour in it," And I realized that I blew my Whole 30 the DAY before it was supposed to end and I would have to start all over. I woke up feeling a little panicky, then had to remind myself that it was only a dream and my mom TOTALLY doesn't know what a "canape" is.

Archived