Starting August 1!

Foodrehaul

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also starting August 1. Looking forward to the process and having others to share my experiences with. I am feeling very optimistic amd know that having support will really help me with amy future struggles I may have. I look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing as well.

Out of desperation, I'm starting  W30 tomorrow. Stocked the 'frig with veggies and grilled meat for the week.  I've been overeating so long, I will need to be mindful about portions.  (i appreciate the palm graphic on pp. 188-194 in ISWF.)  Cutting out the snacks and slaying the sugar demon intimidate me the most. 

New here and to Whole30.  This will be my first.  Familiar with paleo thinking but resisted giving up dairy...addicted to milk in my coffee.  But I'm tired of the achey sluggishness and want to see if there is a better version of myself!

Hey all!  I'm in for tomorrow too. I've done a Whole 45 before, in April/May, I completed it with about a 85% success rate, I fell off the wagon for two days but then went on to finish...  Anyway, this time its even more challenging as we are staying at my parents' home for the next week and then we'll be out of our house again for 5 days at the end of August (not sure where we're going yet, we rent our house out to vacation renters to make extra $$).  So I'm not exactly (read really not at all) prepared for this one.  Plus and a big plus is that I have 3 kids ages 5,4, and 1.5 and they are a lot of work!  Tomorrow I'll be babysitting my 7 month old nephew as well.  So its really going to be a challenge for me.  Also I've totally binged this week on sugar and carbs. But I do definitely feel crappy enough from all that binging that I'm quite excited to start clean, though I realize that my detox is going to be wicked, it was last time anyway.  

But I'm excited to be doing this with a group and my overall goal is to do 90 days and then re-evaluate.  I have some chronic skin conditions that I want cleared up, I have chronic aches and fatigue, which is sometimes so bad that it is actually hard to get out of bed in the morning.  So I'm hoping to be feeling better soon!  

I'm super pumped for this, and ready for the extra challenge of sticking to the plan even though I'm not in the most convenient locales for it. 

Jennifer

So glad to see there are others who are dreading black coffee and/or contemplating no coffee. Demon caffeine, LOL!

I'm starting Whole30 today, and this is definitely a challenge for me! Well, I have quit coffee several times before but EVERY TIME I do I get an awful caffeine withdrawal headache. Apart from that, I'm not really psychologically addicted to coffee... so I don't freak out about giving it up. Lately, though, I had been having a few cups a day, which isn't so great...

I know others will just have black coffee but BLECH!! The only way I like coffee is white and sweet, so if it's a choice between black coffee and no coffee the choice is super, duper easy for me!

I had a cup of peppermint tea at breakfast this morning, and it wasn't too bad without sweeteners. My issue is that I pretty much only like hot drinks that are sweet (actually that goes for pretty much ANY DRINK except water... which is why I generally just drink water!).

I'm kind of frustrated that I can't find any decent bacon where I live... grrr. I love my bacon and eggs for breakfast and some Whole30 compliant bacon would be just the thing, but I have no idea where I could get some (I think I'll check out the farmer's market next time they have one in town, which is once a month). 

My biggest issues this month will be my son's birthday on Sunday (he wants to eat at Pizza Hut :( there are heaps of other good places he could choose and where I could potentially find something compliant *sigh* but it's his choice) and I've also got another party coming up on the 17th plus a couple of other events where eating rubbish food is the norm. I'm honestly not sure how I'll go, BUT I know that whatever happens, I'm getting right back into Whole30 (even if I do have to start again from Day 1!). 

My main goal is to change my eating habits forever. I am "mostly paleo" but it's all too easy to sometimes just say "stuff it" and eat something that's not at all good or supportive. I really want to get to the point where eating well is just a matter of course and habit, and I don't have the cravings for stuff that my body doesn't need!

If you all don't mind me starting on August 5th, then I'm in.  I just completed my first round yesterday with fantastic results.  The final bit of renovations to my 1st floor should be finished by Saturday and I'd rather wait until the 5th to begin so I can have time to organize my kitchen and batch cook some proteins on Sunday.  I did the last round solely using a toaster oven and microwave and while doable, it was a pain to make batches of anything.  I start back teaching in the middle of August and I need the structure of Whole30 to help me stay in control.  Good luck to everyone beginning tomorrow and I'll see you in a few days. 

OK...I'm in. My sister is on Day 40+ and is really encouraging about the program.

I've been trying to eat healthier for a really long time...I've been aware that I'm gluten sensitive for 4-5 yrs now...and boy do I know it when I eat gluten.

My book will arrive on August 2nd, will glean what I can from the website so that I can eat compliant for the first two days, and then start reading the book.

I can totally commit for 30 days and plan for it to make me totally aware of food sensitivities.

THANK YOU!!!

Excerpted from John Maxwell's book, The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth -

When I was a kid, one of my father's favorite riddles to us went like this: Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decide to jump off. How many are left?

The first time he asked me, I answered, “One.â€

“No,†he responded, “Five. Why? Because there's a difference between deciding and doing!â€

That was a point that Dad often drove home with us. American politician Frank Clark said, “What great accomplishments we'd have in the world if everybody had done what they intended to do.â€

Most people don't act as quickly as they should on things. They find themselves subject to the Law of Diminishing Intent, which says, “The longer you wait to do something you should do now, the greater the odds that you will never actually do it.â€

The reality is that you will never get much done unless you go ahead and do it before you are ready.

Hey August 1st starters - let's act on this NOW! I'm so glad I finally quit deciding and just decided to DO! I'm excited to spend the next 30+ days with you guys!!

Sounded like a great bookso I got his website to order it. Sixteen dollar book and wait for it.........$119 AUD to post it!!!! Anyway rang my local book store in Melbourne and they can get it for me without the huge postage fee. Really looking forward to reading it:)

Sounded like a great bookso I got his website to order it. Sixteen dollar book and wait for it.........$119 AUD to post it!!!! Anyway rang my local book store in Melbourne and they can get it for me without the huge postage fee. Really looking forward to reading it:)

I love all of John Maxwell's books! Enjoy!

Iron Fireling: Pizza hut has a great salad bar......just bring your own dressing!!

Happy Day 1 every body!!

So far for me today:

1st and only weigh in - 249lbs. Yeah. That hurt.

10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 air squats (x5 rounds)

M1 & M2 are: ground venison with sw. potato, red pepper and onion.\

Brought a handful of Lindsay green olives (the only olives in teh whole wide world that I will touch) and a kiwi to go w/ M2.

1 cup black coffee. Blech. I'm switching to herbal tea for the duration.

Have an excellent day!!!

Marie in VT

Happy day 1 everyone!  I rolled up my sleeves last night and did some major cooking/grilling/chopping, etc.  I will definitely do the bulk of this on the weekends going forward but it was great to get off on the right foot! 

I'd love to hear what everyone else did to prepare!  Breakfast for me (always my hardest meal as I'm almost never hungry in the morning) was 2 free range eggs fried in coconut oil with sauteed onions, peppers and green onions and a small side of mixed berries (about 1/4 cup).

Iron Fireling: Pizza hut has a great salad bar......just bring your own dressing!!

Happy Day 1 every body!!

So far for me today:

1st and only weigh in - 249lbs. Yeah. That hurt.

10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 air squats (x5 rounds)

M1 & M2 are: ground venison with sw. potato, red pepper and onion.\

Brought a handful of Lindsay green olives (the only olives in teh whole wide world that I will touch) and a kiwi to go w/ M2.

1 cup black coffee. Blech. I'm switching to herbal tea for the duration.

Have an excellent day!!!

Marie in VT

Coconut milk, coconut butter or coconut oil whizzed with coffee in a blender is awesome...much better than black!!

Make sure you include fat in all your meals - you'll get through the days a whole lot easier, especially the first few days!!

Woo-Hoo!  Here we go!  So excited about the changes that are to come...got the kitchen cleaned out and ready to go!  I have been a "mostly clean" eater for a long time (about 3 years) but I need to conquer dairy and sugar!  Hoping I'll get to the point where I feel good all day, not like I constantly need a nap.  And any fat burned will be a major plus...I have a  pair of acid pink Dr. Martens as a bonus reward awaiting my success :0)

Happy Day One!

Hey guys! Today's the day! I am excited to be starting the Whole 30 today. I am the only person in my family doing in so it may be a little tough. However, on the upside, my hubby just told me he wasn't consulting me for dinner for the next 30 days so I just have to worry about what I will eat. Guess he's in fend for self mode . . . haha. Good luck everyone! Enjoy!

Excited to have encouragement from others! Tea this morning (I drink black coffee but am giving it up), half a sweet potato with coconut oil, and several slices of pork from last night for meal 1 today.  

Is that enough food??   I'm not typically hungry right away..

Excited to have encouragement from others! Tea this morning (I drink black coffee but am giving it up), half a sweet potato with coconut oil, and several slices of pork from last night for meal 1 today.  

Is that enough food??   I'm not typically hungry right away..

Might be ok. Sounds like it's on the low end of the meal template for protein and vegetable serving size. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

See how you do today with your hunger. If you find you're hungry before lunch, for future breakfasts, increase the potato to a whole potato and/or increase your protein to two palm sized portions.

Might be ok. Sounds like it's on the low end of the meal template for protein and vegetable serving size. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

See how you do today with your hunger. If you find you're hungry before lunch, for future breakfasts, increase the potato to a whole potato and/or increase your protein to two palm sized portions.

Thank you!

Archived