Snicci Does the Whole30 - Food/Mood Log

Snicci

Day 1

Wake up at 5am. Feel pretty good for only 6 hours of sleep :)

1 cup coffee with full fat coconut milk, 1/2C. peppermint tea, glass of lemon/lime water

8am - 3 sm. HB eggs, Chai Tea over ice, Cauliflower & bell pepper with ranch dressing, 2 bite-size pcs of canteloupe

9:15 (still hungry!) - half of keylime pie larabar

11:20 - other half of larabar (on my way out to run errands!)

12:30 - Crockpot chicken with veggies (celery, carrots, onions). Cauliflower & peppers w/ranch dressing

5:40 - Pecan Pie Larabar

7:30 - Beef Roast w/veggies (celery, carrots, onions, tomatoes) & Salad

Was in bed before 9:00, but was on the phone for a while and then tossed and turned until after 10:00. Woke up several times during the night.

Obviously, I need to work on making my meals last longer so that I am not eating so often!

Day 2

Up at 5:00am after a very restless night. Did 40 minutes of Kickboxing.

6:15 - Sausage/egg scramble, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, coffee with full fat coconut milk, glass of peppermint iced tea

It's 8:54. I'm hungry. This too shall pass... Take another drink of your lemon water.

Wheew! Made it until after noon without starving!

12:20 - Crockpot chicken with veggies (celery, carrots, onions). Cauliflower & peppers w/ranch dressing. Banana Bread Larabar

2:30 - Chai Tea (iced)

6:00 - 20 minute walk with a friend

7:00 - Turkey Burger with creamed cucumbers and tomato slices

9:00 - sleepytime tea

I am concerned about the amount of, or lack thereof, fat you are getting. From what I can see, you are only getting fat via coconut milk in your coffee and some ranch dressing. This is not enough to keep anyone going let alone someone that does 40 min of kick boxing.

You need to eat three meals a day. Base each meal around your protein source. All protein sources should be roughly the size of your open hand. Fill the rest of your plate with veggies. Occasionally add a small amount of fruit. Add fat as recommended below:

all oils - 1-2 thumb sized portions

all butters - 1-2 thumb sized portions

olives - one open heaping handful

coconut flakes - one open heaping handful

nuts and seeds - one closed handful

avocado - 1/2 - 1

coconut milk - between 1/4 and 1/2 of one 14oz can.

Larabars are for emergencies only.

Give this a shot and see if that makes a difference.

Day 3

Woke up at 5am. Still a restless night, but not as bad as the night before! Did a 25 minute cross-training workout.

6:30 - egg/sausage scramble & fried eggplant, energy green tea, coffee w/coconut milk

11:00 - feeling hungry, but it's too early for lunch. Having a hot cup of Tazo Awake Black Tea instead

12:40 - Turkey Burger with creamed cucumbers and tomato slices, 1/2 banana bread Larabar (YUCK!)

7:15 - Baked Chicken Breast w/sauteed cabbage & spaghetti squash w/clarified butter, s&p, garlic powder

9:00 - exhausted, went to bed

Day 4

Woke up at 3:20 in a lot of pain (monthly cycle). Fell back to sleep around 4:45. Alarm went off at 6:00. Hit snooze until 6:45. Slowly made breakfast and then couldn't eat it :(

7:15- hot peppermint tea

7:40 - tried to eat spaghetti squash and eggs fried in clarified butter, but felt too nauseous :(

9:45 - finally eating breakfast :)

12:30 - Chicken breast meat w/mayo. steamed broccoli, cauliflower & carrots, blueberries

6:30 - went to bed due to severe/intense abdominal cramping, lower back pain & nausea :(

I know I didn't eat enough yesterday (this is obvious), but I will say that this has become a "normal" monthly occurrence for me. At least 1 day out of every cycle for the last 7-8 months has been this way. The pain is so intense and I am so nauseous and exhausted that I don't/can't eat at least one of my meals that day. This is, in fact, one of the reasons I am doing the Whole30 in the first place. I am hoping that Whole30 can "cure" this. Doctors can't find anything wrong with me... If the only good to come of the Whole30 is that I don't have to go through my own personal hell every 28 days, that'll be fine with me.

Day 5 ~ Friday, July 13

Up at 6am. Went to bed at 6:30pm last night! Was in a lot of pain and didn't sleep real well until after 11:00, but woke feeling pretty well rested.

7:15 - 2 Eggs scrambled and fried in coconut oil, sauteed (in clarified butter) cabbage, peppermint tea

8:15 - Chai Tea

12:30 - chicken breast with mayo, Salad w/lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, banana peppers & ranch dressing

I tried to eat more at lunch (I only ate half of my chicken and about 2/3 of my salad), but I just couldn't! Judging by comments on the forum and Husband's experience this week, this is pretty normal. I'm just trying to be sure that I have a healthy balance of carbs/fat/protein.

7:00 - Shrimp stir fried in ghee with onion & peppers, sweet potato fries (with EVOO)

Day 6 ~ Saturday, July 14

Up at 6:00. Enjoyed the amazing homemade cappuccino from the Whole9 Forum with 2 eggs fried in coconut oil and sauteed cabbage.

11:30 - took a nap

2:30 - had another cappuccino. I realize this is an odd schedule, but Husband works 3rd shift and I work 1st, so we tend to blend our schedules together on the weekends.

3:40 - Chili & half a banana

6:00 - Chef Salad w/ ranch dressing & HB eggs

7:00 - Almonds & Water @ movie theater

10:00 - banana ice cream

I am really proud that Husband and I went to see a movie and took almonds and water with us! No popcorn, no Pepsi!

Day 7 ~ Sunday, July 15

Up at 6:00. 35 min Cross training workout at 6:30.

7:20 - Cappuccino

8:15 - Eggs fried in clarified butter, eggplant fried in coconut oil, sausage

I was in the kitchen cooking and prepping until 9:00am and then again from 10am until 1pm and again later in the evening. I "tasted" and snacked here and there while I was cooking.

4:00 - took dogs for 20 minute walk

5:00 - Chicken and veggies from crockpot

Day 8 ~ Monday, July 16

Up at 5:00 am, feeling like a million bucks! :)

6:00am - "Cappuccino", 2 deviled egg halves, steamed carrots, grapes, citrus water

only ate about half of the food on my plate despite being very hungry when I sat down to eat

7:20 - 20 minute power walk

9:30 - Chai Tea on ice

11:00 - chicken salad

12:00 - Apple Pie Larabar

I know I should have had veggies at lunch, but I just didn't. Lame excuse: I had no ranch dressing to dip the raw veggies that brought to work in. Still feeling pretty good after noon, but my energy isn't as high as it was this morning.

6:00 - 2 deviled egg halves

6:45 - Buffalo Chicken Salad

Craved and thought about making the banana ice cream before bed, but thought better of it. Sugar dragon speaking?

Day 9 ~ Tuesday, July 17

Up at 6:00 am. Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon.

7:00 - raw veggies with ranch dip, 2 eggs fried in coconut oil

12:30 - Buffalo Chicken Salad

6:00 - cucumbers w/ranch dressing

6:45 - grilled ribeye steak w/sweet potato fries

Day 10 ~ Wednesday, July 18

Up at 5:30, did a 10 minute ab workout.

6:00 - coffee w/coconut milk, egg & sausage scramble, fried eggplant, glass of water

I literally had to choke my breakfast down again. WTH? I was hungry, but once I started eating, it just wouldn't go down. I am thinking it could be the coffee? Coffee tends to mess with my stomach a little (natural diuretic), so I am thinking of skipping coffee for a few days, or maybe not drinking any until AFTER my breakfast is down.

11:45 - Chicken and Veggies from Crockpot, 1/2 Chocolate Coconut Larabar, Fresh Cherries

6:30 - Beef Brisket, Sweet Potato with ghee, raw veggies w/ranch

Day 11 ~ Thursday, July 19

Up at 5:20, did 300 ab workout.

SKIPPED COFFEE!!!

6:30 - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, sweet potato with ghee

Breakfast was a little easier to swallow today, but still was difficult.

8:00 - Green tea

It's 10:30 and I feel hungry, I think?

12:00 - Ground Beef & Cabbage, veggies & ranch, fresh cherries

4:00 - pistachios & cherries

6:30 - taco salad: romaine lettuce, ground beef w/homemade seasoning, onions, tomatoes, wholly guacamole, wholly salsa

Day 12 ~ Friday, July 20

Up at 5:00, 30 minutes of kickboxing

SKIPPED COFFEE (again)!!!

6:00 - Smoothie: 1C. fresh spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, hand full of frozen blueberries, 1/2 can of coconut milk, splash of vanilla, 1 raw egg

8:00 - Tazo Awake Black Tea

11:30 - Salad w/oil&vinegar, melons, shrimp & scallops on hibachi grill

We were running errands for work and my co-worker wanted to eat at the hibachi grill. I couldn't get the man at the grill to tell me what is in the garlic sauce and I needed my protein, so I just went with it. Sure hope there wasn't anything nasty in there! I didn't eat much...

2:00 - pistachios

7:30 - Chicken Salad

8:30 - Almonds (We went to see the Dark Knight Rises)

Day 13 ~ Saturday, July 21

Up at 6:00

Coffee w/ coconut Milk

8:30 - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil w/ Wholly Salsa

2:30 - Chicken & Veggies

4:00 - Banana Ice Cream w/Blueberries added!

8:30 - 2 mini burger patties, grapes, melons (This was the only thing served at the wine tasting that I could eat!)

Day 14 ~ Sunday, July 22

photo-.JPG

Up at 7:30 (long night Saturday night!)

9:30 - Sweet Potato Fritters with 2 fried eggs, grapes, sausage

11:30 - Veggies & Ranch, Baked Chicken Thigh

5:45 - Pistachios, 1/2 apple pie larabar

7:30 - Pork Loin Slowcooked w/ apples, veggies & dip

Day 15 ~ Monday, July 23

Up at 5:00am.

8:00 - leftover sweet potato fritter, 2 HB eggs, Tazo Black Tea

11:30 - raw veggies w/ranch dip

1:30 - pork loin cooked w/apples, larabar

6:30 - Cabbage roll (beef), pistachios

Day 16 ~ Tuesday, July 24

Laid in bed until almost 6:00! Did a 10 min. ab workout.

photoo.JPG

7:00 - Egg/Sausage Scramble, Sweet Potato Fritter, Zucchini & Squash sauteed in coconut oil

This was probably the best breakfast I've had on Whole30, both in terms of taste/pleasure and in terms of being what a Whole30 breakfast should be.

10:00 - pistachios

12:00 - Pulled pork w/horsetooth sauce, lettuce, tomato, ranch

3:00 - pistachios

5:00 - apple

7:00 - stuffed peppers

Day 17 ~ Wednesday, July 25

Up at 5:30. 7 minute pilates/strength workout.

7:00 - Egg/Sausage Scramble, Zucchini & Squash sauteed in coconut oil, 1/2C apple juice

11:00 - fresh figs from the farmer's market!

12:30 - pork loin cooked w/apples, sweet potato, raw veggies w/ranch

5:00 - hand full of almonds

6:30 - chicken soup and chicken thigh

Archived