Best bee pricing northern va?

kel239

Hi! I'm looking at buying a quarter share of beef and was wondering if anyone from va had any recommendations. I've found waverly farms and they seem like the best option at this moment. A friend recommended wolf creek farm but for some reason I feel sketched out by them. I think because the friend said the owner was some person who cashed out on all the bad business going on a few years ago w/ stocks and the mortgage crisis etc and I just don't trust someone who magically wakes up one day from making shady business deals to suddenly say I want to run a pastured livestock operations.... Anyway

And I've been getting my meat from walnut hill farm and smith family farm in pieces temporarily. I don't like smith family farm just because they put a bunch of unwxessary things like MSG in their baconany recommendations would be good. I'm not after the lowest price just more like want to get what I need for a fair price but support someone whose trying to do the right thing. Thanks!

Kel239 I've been thinking about getting a quarter share through Hollin Farms, they are in Delaplane. Same as Mill Creek, they are pastured but grain fed for their last 2 months. Current prices per pound are : $6.29/lb for a quarter (80 lbs) $5.89 half (160 lbs) $5.59 whole (320 lbs)

I'm just trying to grow my bee army to take over the world. That's all.

Thanks for the info! It sucks I was going to go to waverly farms but then upon further investigation I found they feed grain too. I want noooo grain at all... :( do the search continues. In the mean time I got my freezer!

Pannill's Gate Farm in Culpeper is AWESOME!!!

They sell beef in eighths that will fit in a standard freezer, $7/lb, half ground, half steaks and roasts.  She'll sell you a quarter too if you've got a chest freezer, not sure the price.  She rotates her pastures so she has beef all year. Grass fed and finished.

Check them out on Fb :)

Walnut Hill will have several available in the fall.  The have you come to the farm for a kind of a class to figure out what you want.  Then they match you with people that like opposite cuts.  Just talk to one of the owners the next time you buy from them.  They also have a facebook page where you can let them know - also good for finding out if they will have bacon or chicken a particular week.         

Archived