Chicken Bouillon Granules Brand or Substitute?

Chicken bone broth has the richest chicken flavor.  If the recipe has liquid, you could use it in place of the liquid and granules.

If you don't want to/don't have time to make your own, you could also buy free range organic chicken broth to use in the recipe instead of MSG loaded bouillon cubes. In the states, Trader Joes has a great price on chicken broth and Pacific brand at Costco is a good deal as well.

What are these good recipes with chicken broth, btw? ;) do share! 

Thank you all for the suggestions!

I have a recipe for Southwest Turkey Burgers....I really like eating ground turkey instead of ground beef and this recipe helps make the turkey not taste so dry. I tried it last night without the chicken bouillon and it needed a little more flavor, I will try these suggestions next time.

1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp chicken boullion granules
Chopped fresh jalapeno
Chopped red pepper

Mix, make patties and grill

I'm guessing what you're missing is the msg in the boullion granules.  There's no sub for that, the taste buds just have to adapt to life without it.  On the other hand, you could use some extra salt and spices/herbs (I'd throw in cumin and oregano because I put those in everything) and maybe a couple of splashes of coconut aminos (a salty liquid product often used in paleo-world to substitute for soy sauce - you can find it at the health food store).

I would also suggest getting grassfed ground beef and making patties with it, if you have any easily accessible (I know that's not the case everywhere).  Nutrition bumps up several notches, you get healthy fat (good-bye dryness), and you can add spices and herbs to taste.

I second the fat idea.  If you can't afford a high quality animal fat, make sure you cook them in some.  You will notice a huge difference if your meat has fat.

I make stock every few weeks. I freeze some in large containers for big meals, but then I also pour some into the silicon cupcake baking trays and freeze them. That way when making a small meal, I can throw one in. Not only does it taste better, but it has all that good bone broth in it. It will really thicken up anything.

I freeze mine in ice cube trays and add them to veggies and such.  Bet is right.  The flavor and richness are incomparable.

Archived