Good with fish?

Hello all.

I made wild caught flounder for lunch today (from frozen bag from Costco).  I just pan sautéed it in EVOO, but I struggled with a side dish. I ended up doing steamed cauliflower that I then mashed with ghee, evoo and garlic salt, and also some baked kale (evoo, lemon pepper, sea salt and lemon juice).  It actually turned out to be a pretty good meal. 

My question is though- with shrimp, salmon, flounder, tuna, I'm so used to having a side of pasta with that, or with tuna, bread, and I'm struggling coming up with ideas for good sides. Last week I made baked salmon and had mushrooms and zucchini on the side (everyone else also had pasta).  Do you have other good ideas for what to serve with fish?  I just feel like I do TOO much zucchini, mushrooms and cauliflower and I need to branch out.

just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.... help!

Thanks,

Charlene

Asparagus, broccoli, string beans, spinach, eggplant, a cucumber salad, the possibilities are endless!  Look in the produce section of your grocery store and pick at least one new veggie to try every week.

If you want pasta with it why not try spaghetti squash or other type of vegetable noodle? I bought a vegetable spiraller and my life has never been the same.  ;)

Another thing I'm learning is to get over some of the "what goes together" thing. I just had hot dogs and green beans for lunch. Something I never would have put together before but I was in a hurry this morning and that was what was ready to go.

Tonight we had baked salmon with carrot spears baked in coconut oil and crushed coriander seed.

I think Tuna goes really well with celeriac remoulade (grated celeriac, lemon juice, mayo, English mustard and salt)

You can try a fish curry with cauliflower rice and wilted spinach

I like coleslaw with smoked fish

Puréed turnip with white pepper is lovely with pan fried fish

:D

Last night we had poached salmon on a bed of onion,capsicum, mushrooms and a huge bunch of kale cooked in a teaspoon of ghee with coconut aminos. Yummy. Kale is my all time favourite veggie, can't say enough good things about it:). Good luck.

you could marinate your fish/seafood with asian inspired flavours and serve with a huge stir fry of rainbow coloured vegies (red/yellow capsicum, snow peas, bok choy, carrot, mushrooms etc) cooked with fresh chilli/garlic/ginger, coconut aminos, fresh herbs - coriander would be delicious...

Archived