Any Good Microwaveable Meals

Hello.  I am Day 9.  I started over due to traveling and not having more healthy options on hand while staying in a Hotel. 

I now have the Challenge of doing this again.  I will be living in a room with only a fridge and microwave for 2 months.  The last 6 days of Whole30 will be in a hotel room. HELP!! 

I  dont want to just do well until the Whole30 is done, I would like to stick as close to Paleo as possible with my limited cooking resources. 

Does anyone have any great recipes with meat/fish/chicken that can be cooked in a microwave? 

I can do salads, and steamed veggies, my biggest fear is adequate protein.   ANY help, recipes, "how to's"  would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Egg bakes with veggies and pre-cooked meats work in a microwave.

Tuna works well as portable protein, as do other fish, canned chicken, canned, turkey...  These can all go on your salads.

I'll keep thinking.  My husband did part of our first W30 in a hotel and he stayed compliant.  I think I shared some of his tips here before.  The person was going to be on tour, in a van.

Great!  Thanks.  I will look through the forum and see if I can find your posts.  I have never tried to "cook"  chicken or beef before in a microwave and dont want to get stuck or bored.  I am not a huge fan of tuna, and I usually do salmon in patties (with eggs and onions, etc. and then cook on stove top with coconut/olive oil. 

I definitely want to finish and not feel like I can't do it being in a hotel.  It would be horrible to be in my last week, and fall down.  :-( 

Thanks for the input. 

Can you not cook up some meals that you can take along and keep in the fridge? Then you can just zap them in the microwave when it's time to eat? Things like the Well Fed Char Sui Pork and fried rice keep well and can be reheated in a minute - I made up several portions last week and ate them for a couple of days and because all the veggie are in the 'rice' it's pretty much a complete meal? Tins of salmon and tuna with microwaved baked sweet potato can make up a meal with some salad on the side, veggies steam really well in the microwave, and if you have some jars of olives to hand you always have a fat source? It's probably not as hard as you think if you plan it

I can bring some snacks, but traveling via air internationally and cant bring in meat products. And when going thru customs cant bring a lot of food items. Thats why i want to try to figure out ways/things to cook. If i were driving, it would be simpler to carry foods. But even those would not last for two months. Want to try to stay as close to paleo as possible since going out leaves little control over how food is prepped. Not a huge fan of canned tuna. will want meat and just not that familiar with cooking in microwave. Thanks for your input.

Thanks Amy!! I have actually never blogged before. But I think I might do it. I will look up the how too set it up and post the link here. I really appreciate the motivation. I am getting more and more stoked about this, and truly am excited about sharing this journey.

Today we did a Viking challenge to help raise fund for an organization called the Fisher House. It was 24 hours from Noon 26- Noon 27. Everyone signed up for shifts. I did 2 hr shifts both days totally 13.9 miles. But I felt great. My recovery time was awesome. I have so much more energy than I have had in a long time if ever. I will also be joining crossfit while there, as it is difficult finding a crossfit group overseas.

Blog you say...blog it is. Thanks guys for all your encouragement.

Archived