Rock bottom

5 til 40

Today, I have hit rock bottom with my eating and it is time to make a change. This is not my first attempt at Whole 30, or my first attempt at weight loss and healthy eating. I have tried weight watchers, calorie cutting, diet doctors, clean eating...you name it. My 1st attempt at Whole 30 was a few weeks ago. Made it 4 days. Felt great. Felt in control. Felt as if I finally turned the corner. Then felt like I dererved a "treat". Then down the hole I started to fall. So, today, after eating my weight in ice cream and chocolate and feeling really crummy, I am ready to climb out of my sugar hole and make a real change. I was planning on starting the challenge on August 1st, but my health is at stake and I just can't waste another day poisoning myself with the foods I have been putting into my body. I am turning 40 the end of the year and I want to be the healthiest I can be. I want to change my relationship with food. I want to lose the cravings for garbage foods. I want to stop using food at a crutch to deal with my emotions. I want to stop feeling guilty for eating. I want my energy back and I want to sleep at night! I want to lose 10 lbs. I want to feel great in my clothes (right now I just feel like a sausage). I want to take my life back and be in control. So, here is to my Whole30 and to all of yours. :-)

You go!!! You CAN do it! I made one attempt then had to reset the clock - friend's retirement party and loneliness - when my husband isn't here, I crave ice cream like a mad thing.

There's tons of support here, so you go for it! I'm on Day 11, myself...

Linda

I used to feel like I deserved a treat after a bit of time too. Can you come up with some strategies to deal with this? A Whole30 compliant treat? (for me that would be strawberries with coconut butter or a mixture of dates and almonds or an awesome burger (no bun) with both homemade mayo and guacamole...).

The first W30 I completed too I really focused on being the entire month, and only that month. That way when I felt deprived I could see a light at the end of the tunnel (it's just 30 days). By the end of the 30 days my mindset had totally changed—I no longer wanted my old treats.

You can do this.

Archived