Nauseous and not liking taste of anything on day 16 - normal???

norCAgal

Help...I find my self starving lately but nothing tastes good except cold things or fruit. I'm having to force feed myself meals and want to gag. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm on Day 16, can't fail now...need food ideas.

What things are good to eat cold?

Besides carrots, bell peppers, are there any other veggies good raw?

Thank you!

I am sorry you are not feeling well.  How about chicken or tuna salad with mayo?  Veggies you could include are spinach, lettuces, celery, sugar snap peas, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, jicama, mushrooms, tomatoes, sprouts, chayote squash.

I'm sure I've missed some...Maybe some ginger tea will help you feel better.  Can also have it chilled.

Any chance you may have gotten sick this week?

try some of these!

http://whole9life.com/2012/07/summer-soups/

Make sure to get some protein in with them, maybe some HBEs if you can?

Getting that "ugh, I have to eat AGAIN?!" feeling's pretty common. It's generally just due to getting stuck in a rut and bored with what you've been eating.

Alternatively, it could be just from the heatwave all over the country right now. the last thing we want to do when it's hot is cook/eat hot food.

Mix it up!

Thank you ladies - appreciate the help/support!

I thought this morning maybe I was getting sick, but I feel OK when not eating ha!

Perhaps it is just a rut. But man, warm/cooked veggies (even meats) right now are just a gross thought to me. Even my eggs (which I normally love) I had to force down. So odd.

I love the looks of those soups and I can feel your pain norCAgal.  My doctor has instructed me to eat all of my food cooked.  90+ degrees here and the pineapple cucumber one looks yummy!  But, I've gotten over the hurdle of the cooked veggies (which you don't have to do).  Cold drinks from this blog post have been a treat lately.  My go-to is basil-lime. http://whole9life.com/2012/10/quench-your-thirst-whole9-style/

A salad with leftover (cold) meat is always a favorite of mine. As is chicken salad with home made mayo, celery, apple, golden raisins, and pecans. Put it on a bed of lettuce or eat it in lettuce cups.

These are great, thanks Nico! I haven't spent much time poking around for ideas I guess.

And next week I travel for work - 7 days!! UGH, this is gonna be rough. I'm packing a cooler though and driving the 6 hours instead, wish me luck! LOL

Another salad option with mayo that I just learned is to make a creamy Italian or a dreamy avocado.  I learned about the Italian from Well Fed and the avocado from It Starts with Food.  The Italian is basically like my regular vinaigrette recipe.  Start with mayo, add balsamic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.  I have been mixing it into a kale salad blend for my husband.  He ate it as steak and kale salad yesterday.

In my chicken salad, I put jicama, carrot, celery, sugar snap peas, and a few grapes or raisins or apple with mayo.  I usually go with green and crunchy.  ;)

Tuna salad is very similar.  We also buy tuna in olive oil and dump it over any kind of salad.  That could be great for travelling.  The brand is called something like Tonno and the cans are gold with green and red, I think.  They are in a picture in Well Fed.

All kinds of interesting fish (and chicken and turkey) right where you find the canned tuna.  :)

And, I think you have to really want cold food to want cold kraut, although I am thinking of fermenting some carrots.

I was curious why Whole30 recommends the tuna in olive oil. If I'm planning to add the mayo, isn't that too much fat? Can I just buy tuna in water, then add the mayo - or is there another purpose behind the tuna packed in OO?

The tuna in oil just has the fat.  You can eat it out of the can with veggies and you have a whole meal.  You can buy it in water, but the only kind I have seen that doesn't have soy (even thought it says water) is pretty pricey.  That kind is nice for a regular mayo-based tuna salad.  Or one with avocado mayo.  :-)

I really like canned tuna with a half of an avocado, compliant salsa, cucumbers and other crunchy veggies, all on a bed of lettuce.  It's easy to throw together and perfect for a warm summer day.  Sometimes I also drizzle a little bit of Tessemae's Cracked Pepper dressing on top just for some extra flavor.

I buy Wild Planet brand canned tuna from Costco.  It's sustainably caught and doesn't have any added water or oil in it.  It's a little pricey but it's the best canned tuna I've ever had.  Even my bf eats it and he couldn't stand tuna before I introduced him to this brand.

Today is my Day 10, and I felt like that two days ago... I had to force feed myself because nothing seemed appetizing, everything looked and tasted blah. So I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things I hadn't tried yet and ended up with a prosciutto salad that was absolutely amazing. It took some digging around but I finally found a whole30 approved package and threw it together with some spinach, arugula, olives, and Tessemae's Balsamic. I had some fruit to go with it and I didn't have to force anything down because I was so excited and it was delicious! Maybe you could give it a try, norCAgal?

Archived