Insects

birder

Do any of you eat insects?  Every time I hear a report about how the rest of the world eats insects and that they are an ethical and healthy source of food I keep thinking "yes, that makes sense".    I would not even know where to start though, and I'm not sure my kids would buy into that one.

The idea actually appeals to me as a sustainable source of protein. Unfortunately, like you, I have no idea where to start, they're not something that's available in the supermarket.

Mind you I absolutely draw the line at those celebrity in the jungle shows where they eat grubs that-are-still-alive. No! No! No! That totally creeps me out.

When the hype about the cicadas was going around my husband and I agreed that we would forage them to eat.  They haven't shown up up and hardly any sign of them planning on showing up.  I may not ever have to test myself.  I really hope I would go through with it, collected a bunch of recipes as well.  Will let you all know how it goes if they ever show up :P

When the hype about the cicadas was going around my husband and I agreed that we would forage them to eat.  They haven't shown up up and hardly any sign of them planning on showing up.  I may not ever have to test myself.  I really hope I would go through with it, collected a bunch of recipes as well.  Will let you all know how it goes if they ever show up :P

We need a throwing up smilie.

Yuck, yuck, yucky.

They are the shrimps of the land. as Islandgrrl pointed out above, they are not kosher and it is because they are actually in the same family as shellfish.  I mean, why not?  Many cultures eat bugs, we are simply conditioned to think it's gross.  I am not saying I will definitelhy be able to but it is the ultimate local, free range, protein!  :lol::P;)

We went through a phase of attempting to forage grasshoppers from our land. My brother in law threw one on the grill and a worm came out of its behind and we all skeeved out and no one has mentioned eating them again since. I definitely think its a fine idea though, and definitely w30 approved.

We went through a phase of attempting to forage grasshoppers from our land. My brother in law threw one on the grill and a worm came out of its behind and we all skeeved out and no one has mentioned eating them again since. I definitely think its a fine idea though, and definitely w30 approved.

I am sorry but frick that. Horrid thought.

Is it wrong that I love that visual? :lol:   (I live with two nine year olds, so my sense of humor is roughly the same as a minion's.  :ph34r::lol:  )

Archived