Only on Day 9, but....

Colleen Roy

So, this is our fifth attempt at a complete whole30 #2. We completed a very successful first whole30 in July of 2012 and have eaten fairly well since then. We've had several false starts at a second complete whole 30 since then. Each time, we'd start out strong, then dive into something non-compliant after a week or two. This time, our attempt coincides with my CrossFit gyms' 30 day challenge, so we figured what the hell. It makes me more accountable anyway!

I don't know why this attempt has seemed so much easier than previous attempts!? It really has been painless. Very little carb flu, deep sleep kicked right back in as soon as we dropped the booze and energy and mood have been pretty stable, though I did take a nap on day 7, but that came after a pretty decent effort at the WOD that morning, followed by a 5 mile run.

We are on day 9 today. I rewarded myself for making it 7 days straight with a mani/pedi. It's a cool, rainy day here in NH and I had every intention of having grilled fish with pineapple salsa for dinner tonight, but I'm thinking a little bolognese sauce with zoodles might be good! Maybe I will just cook up the fish for lunch....

We are on day 9 today. I rewarded myself for making it 7 days straight with a mani/pedi. It's a cool, rainy day here in NH and I had every intention of having grilled fish with pineapple salsa for dinner tonight, but I'm thinking a little bolognese sauce with zoodles might be good! Maybe I will just cook up the fish for lunch....

Good work! Quite clearly the Mani/pedi is the reason why you made it through so easily. In fact, maybe it should become a part of the Whole30  :rolleyes:

The ease could be that you are used to it after experiencing it before a couple of times. Also, if your pre-30 diet wasn't all that bad then the adaptation phase is going to be less severe.

Anyway- keep us updated, it will be good to hear how you are getting on.

Day 14 and still going strong....I don't think I am eating enough this go round though. It's not like I don't have time, but I don't have time!!!!! I'm a busy girl during the summer! Have to squeeze in as much fun and activity as possible before I start back to school. That said, my energy levels haven't been what they can and should be and as I look back on what I've been doing and eating, I can see I need to eat more!

My biggest problem during the summer is getting up and lingering over two cups of coffee with coconut milk and waking up slowly....I then go workout and eat after my CrossFit WOD or run, which means meal one isn't until 9:00-10:00. Obviously, I am not hungry for meal two until around 3:00-4:00....and eating meal three any later than 8:00 is problematic because I'm ready for bed between 9:00-10:00! So, it has been a pattern to skip meal two and just have a "snack". Now, the good thing is that when I say "snack", I mean something compliant, like a piece of chicken, or some veggies with almond butter, maybe a hard boiled egg. But, it's just enough to take the edge of hunger off and not fill me up for 5-7 hours before meal 3!

So, my goal for the second half of this whole30 is to get back on track and eat 3 meals a day, all pretty evenly spaced. This should work in my favor, because I like to use August to ramp up to my school schedule, when I have no problem eating three meals a day, evenly spaced! Only 26 days of vacation left. (Insert teachers crying all over the country sounds here! ;-)

Archived