I'm sticking with my coffee with full fat coconut milk, thank you very much! I can't even wrap my head around adding coconut oil and ghee!!!! Must be why I'm not going to try eating insects for protein either! ;-) I consider myself a fairly adventurous cook and like to try new things, but eggs IN my coffee? No thanks! But you go right on and give it a try! Bravo to you for stepping outside the box! :-)

I love my coffee and have had a hard time going without the dairy... I saw a similar suggestion on Pinterest, adding Kerrigold butter to black coffee.  But obviously has milk solids.

I'll be starting my first Whole30 this coming Thursday, and will definitely be trying this coffee recipe!  Minus the sugar, of course.  Also good to be reminded of coconut milk as a compliant coffee additive, and I may add a bit of it to this recipe.

My sweet, creamy coffee is going to be one of the things I'll miss most, I suspect, and I haven't been looking forward to drinking it black.  This sounds like it will get me by nicely, since giving coffee up altogether is not something I'm looking to do.  (No need to add caffiene withdrawal headaches to this process.)  ;)

I love my coffee and have had a hard time going without the dairy... I saw a similar suggestion on Pinterest, adding Kerrigold butter to black coffee. But obviously has milk solids.

People use ghee instead of butter. I tried that version but hated it! Much prefer coconut butter in my coffee, whizzed up :)

Despite my initial hesitation, I tried this edgy recipe.  It tastes divine!

Check it out: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/#axzz2aBIPJUJO

I tried it this weekend, too, and liked it. Though now I'm so used to black coffee, that it felt strange to have something in my coffee. Didn't taste eggy, though there was some taste to it. Mostly just tasted frothy to me.

I started my Whole30 on Monday and was most leery of going without my coffee. The first day I had none (huge headache all day) and decided to try it black the next day just to get some down. It was just too bitter for me (my "old" ways had me putting about 7 splendas AND flavored cream in my coffee - so I am used to very sweet, creamy coffee) - so I went and got a can of coconut milk that was almost "solid" feeling in the store. It's from Thailand I believe and after a day in the refrigerator has remained pretty "solid" and creamy and not at all watery like other brands have seen. (I have one brand of milk at work - one at home and they are completely different in that one is solid and the other is still pretty watery). After 2 days of putting it in my coffee - I have to say I am getting used to the "non-sweet" taste and the coconut milk really makes the coffee creamier and non-bitter. As I lose more and more of this sweet tooth, I expect it will only get better!

I don't think I could do egg in my coffee!  But I love bulletproof coffee.  I'm not on a strict 30 right now so I'm doing 1 T grass feed butter and 1 T coconut oil and it's AWESOME! Not sure how I'd be with Ghee.   I've also read some people put about 1/4 tsp of cocoa power in it for a more decadent flavor.  

I am not on a whole30 right now either and use 2tbsp organic valley butter per 2 cups coffee, blended. I have had this each and every morning since trying it out of curiosity! I tried adding a bit of cocoa powder and didn't like it much. I guess I am weird. ;) besides the lovely taste, it gives me this really nice steady energy and keeps me from wanting afternoon coffee, as I often did in the past.

I too am a total coffee latte addict... nice hot coffee, with milk and off course sugar... mmm...

And do I miss my latte !!!! I almost drool when I see someone cross the street with a coffee in their hand, not to mention the early morning coffee dates with my friends. But hey, you go for it, you go for it, right.

So instead I have been drinking KUSMI TEA BOOST

Besides a great flavor it also seems to wake me up like coffee does, so this is a pretty nice alternative.

It is very pricy, but I think it is worth it.

I was extreemly happy to even find it on the island).

Needless to say.... I do have 2 black coffees at the office every day, without much joy, but I have no intentions to change that.

I do have a post whole30 coffee date with my best friend. FOR A REAL LATTE!  ;)

I'm on day 3 of my first whole30. I seem to have found a happy medley of Silk almond milk and coconut cream for my coffee. I tried the coconut milk by itself, and it turned sour tasting as the coffee cooled. I also put some cocoa and cinnamon in it.

I love coffee with 1 tbsp of coconut oil (I have a really nice seal on my travel mug which allows me to shake the coco oil enough that it doesn't leave a slick on top of my coffee) and coconut milk. 

Having said that, I MUCH prefer my heavy raw jersey cream.  I don't seem to miss the sweet as much with that as I do with the coconut milk/oil. 

I intend to reintroduce dairy and as long as it's without an issue, at that point I could return to coffee, but I really don't miss it all that much, so maybe not!  I do not tolerate caffeine well at all. Jitter machine. I've always been a decaf drinker....

• 2 weeks later...

I did the bulletproof coffee, but with clarified butter & full-fat coconut milk instead.  It was pretty darn good, but I'm just too lazy to do the blender thing in the AM, so the MDA version would have to be pretty special to get me washing a blender in addition to breakfast dishes!

I'm a coffee snob & roast my own (organic, fair trade) beans, but I just don't like it black.  I only have my 1 mug in the morning so I want to enjoy it.

When I started the Whole30, it was my 2nd experience with coconut milk & coffee.  The first one I didn't much care for, but then when I switched brands of coconut milk, the difference was like night & day.  Now I really like it -- Thai Kitchen full-fat organic coconut milk is the one.  I might just try the primal coffee this weekend, though.

Archived