Starting July 29th

kdegar

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I started today.  I went to bed feeling so sick and full last night that I couldn't wait to start today.  I've had my coffee black already.  I hate black coffee but I am doing it. For breakfast I had two soft boiled eggs and half an avocado.  So far so good.  I am excited about this because I am the heaviest I have ever been without being pregnant.  I have done the Whole 30 before & had great success.  I ended up eating Paleo for two years and kept the 30 pounds off but then Thanksgiving came around.  So I decided to just eat whatever I wanted for that day.  Well, that turned into eating whatever I wanted in between Thanksgiving and Christmas and then that turned into I'll start at the first of the year doing the Whole 30 but I never committed to it.  This time, I am getting the daily newsletter.  I am all in!  I can feel this extra 40 pounds on my body.  I feel unhealthy.  My plan is to run for 30 minutes today as well.

How is your first day going?

I just started today too. Had a good day so far. Need to get back on track after gaining 18 pounds in just 2 short months. Been eating LCHF and I had lost a lot of weight very quickly, but I think that the very low carb thing ultimately damaged my system- especially my adrenals. I feel that the Paleo approach will work better for a 40-something woman. This is my first whole30, and I am very excited.

Meal 1: black coffee, 2 eggs and 1 egg white ( I know!) scrambled with 2 cups raw coleslaw mix in 2 tsp coconut oil.

Meal 2: tinned pink salmon, green salad, avocado, macadamia nut oil. Followed by 1/4 cup coconut cream, cinnamon, vanilla, and desiccated coconut.

Meal 3: planned- roast chicken with half a sweet potato, broccoli and zucchini with 1 tbsp olive oil.

HI everyone!

I started today too, 7/29/13.  I am excited and scared at the same time.  I think the first few weeks might be tough for me since I am pretty sure I am a sugar addict.  Not looking forward to the next few days of detox.  Good luck to everyone! 

Hi Everyone! 

I started today, too.  I'm very excited and seem to be doing very well today.  I can't wait to feel great, be healthy, and lose weight.  I'd love to keep in check with others to keep me going.  :)

I'm so glad there are some others who started today! I know a bunch of people were starting Aug 1 but I didn't want to wait...if I'm going to do it, I might as well start! Im so happy to have a group to talk with :)  First day is tougher than I thought it would be....I'm craving crunchy/salty and sweets (I had been eating a lot of Chobani's "Flips") Lees96--I'm with you, I HATE black coffee. I only drank about half a cup. I had 2 eggs with salsa for breakfast and then taco meat with sauteed onions, yellow, green and red peppers for lunch. Dinner is taco mean again with avocado and some roasted cauliflower (I made it yesterday to try it out). I"m about to go try to find some coconut flakes, oil and cream so I can add a little bit of sweet back into my life! Good luck everyone!

Hey kdegar, the roasted cauliflower sounds good. I made a huge VAT of homemade guac yesterday to have this week. I bought a ton of good veggies and stuff... my biggest problem is that I just dont eat enough at meals and start snacking... my goal with this is to get all the sugar out AND eat better proportioned meals! so glad us '29ers got our own thread! I am going to need you guys to get me over the hump!

Yeah! Starting Whole30 for the first time and I'm excited to get the sugar and artificial sweeteners out of my body! Had 2 hardboiled eggs chopped up with ghee and 1/2 an avocado for breakfast and am looking forward to a lunch of grilled chicken thighs and roasted brussel sprouts. Dinner will be the coffee/cocoa rubbed roast beef I made in my slow cooker yesterday with a sweet potato. I'm glad the food is so good and I look forward to getting past this first week and off my body's dependency on caffeine and sugar! Good luck everyone!

I started today too - my first Whole30. So glad other people are - I'm looking forward to feeling GOOD. I don't have huge sugar addictions, but I'm missing my Greek yogurt! But I've been ravenous and headachy all day today. I tend to eat only when it's convenient, rather than eat when I'm hungry, and have done so for awhile, so I think my hunger mechanism is messed up. I'm trying not to snack so I can get myself readjusted, but maybe I should - not sure.

For breakfast I had ~1 cup sweet potato hash (cooked in coconut oil) with probably 1/5 pound ground beef with sausage spices, a fried egg for more protein, a bowl of kale with lemon vinaigrette, and half a peach. For lunch I had a roasted chicken breast, a cup or so of green beans cooked in olive oil, and a cup or so of canteloupe. (I don't usually eat this much fruit, but I got a bunch in my CSA box last week.) Probably needed more fat at lunch. Breakfast held me for a couple of hours, but with lunch I was hungry almost immediately - and these seem like normal portions!

Good luck, y'all!

Started yesterday but I guess my official start will be today since yesterday I made some bulletproof coffee and wasn't aware that butter was a no-no (Oops!)

Decided to go no caffeine during the 30 as well.  Looking for a full body cleanse and restart. 

:)

Dublinkim...can you share that recipe? Sounds delicious! Starting to get headachy. I changed up dinner me had sweet pot hash with an egg and roasted cauliflower. Probably should've done more protein so I'm eating some raw almonds now. Talk to y'all tomorrow!

Wow!  Great first day everyone!  MadscienceM, I, too, am so glad that we have this thread going on.  SO GLAD!!! I am going to really need this, I think.  I had much success with Whole 30 about 3 years ago and kept it off for almost two years but I had gained all of the weight back (plus 7 extra pounds on top of  what my heaviest ever was).  I have tried to do Whole 30 probably half a dozen times without any success at all.  But this time, I subscribed to the newsletter to try and help and I am writing on this as well.  I don't seem to be able to do it on my own.  

Today was ok.  I stuck to everything but I ended up having a couple of snacks:  apple with handful of raw almonds, 3/4 banana with 3 organic dates rolled in organic coconut.  I am a total mindless eater/snacker and would really like to tackle this. Jent103, I am huge sugar addict as well.  I had a ton of cravings today.  My mind likes to tell me that I don't really have to do this but I didn't listen to it.  I kept on track.  we can do this!!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Hello all! I started yesterday but figured since I'm only a day ahead that I would go ahead and tag along on this thread for motivation and support! So far so good except for a headache that thankfully went away. I really need to work on lessening my fruit and nut intake though. Those are my mindless eating "go-to" snacks which needs to change. I'm hoping by the end of the week I can tackle only one serving of fruit and nuts a day while the rest of my meals focus on lean proteins and veggies. 

Happy to find other July 29 starters!  I feel pretty hungry right now, but i know I didn't eat enough for lunch so I am working on that for tomorrow.

Breakfast:  spinach and beef breakfast casserole and roasted parsnips/carrots/brussel sprouts plus coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:  Salad with grilled chicken and olives (found myself at a Greek restaurant unexpectedly)

Snack after lunch:  Apple and almonds

Dinner:  Pad Thai from Well Fed with zucchini noodles (delicious!)

Good luck everyone!  Day 1 is finished :)

I had to follow the forum so I could keep finding it. If any of you are like me and crave crunchy I made prosciutto wrapped Frittatas this morning. Oh my gosh--so good and super easy. I want to try it with sweet potatoes in the bottom next time. Day 2--you can do this!!! Keep posting so we can help each other through those cravings and weak moments.

I started today too! But now I need to figure out this whole forum stuff so I can find these posts again - any tips? Plus gotta figure out how to add my picture to my profile.

But day one was success!

You can "subscribe" to a thread and get notification whenever someone posts, or if you look at "new content", the threads you've posted in are marked differently :)

Day 2 - Here we go!  I am having my black coffee - BARF - but I am doing it. Had a screaming headache last night.  It is a little better this morning.  I woke up really hungry.  Going to have two eggs scrambled with leftover sweet potato fries and broccoli.  Healthy Haley - I am with you on the nuts and fruits.  I am really trying to follow the portion sizes.  Welcome to everyone.  I am so glad you are here.  Honestly, I don't know what I would do without this forum. I have tried and failed so many times on my own.

OK...let's make Day 2 a success!

Please forgive me if I sound too cheerleaderey...I have never joined a board before and I am just thrilled that there are others out there going through exactly the same thing I am going through right now.  I really think it is going to make all the difference in the world  :)

I made it through day 1, with only a little headache and managed to MAX my bench press last night (135 pounds for 4 reps). I ALMOST derailed last night when the Better half made dinner for the family... he made peas and limas, which are some of my favs. BUT I checked my shopping list and saw they were a no go, so I loaded up a spinach saald with turkey burger, avocado, fresh broccoli, and a little onion.

This morning was 3 scrambled eggs, some avocado, half a banana. For lunch I am having a left over turkey burger, some raw broc, and more of the Guacamole I made. Coworkers wanted me to go out to lunch, but I dont trust myself yet to make good choices at a "fun" place. Surprising to me, I dont have a headache yet today.

Easy on the exercise today, I have been off my foot for a few days due to ingrown toenail removal, but am back in the shoes tomorrow!

Hi, friends. I just started yesterday as well. I thought switching to black coffee would be my biggest inital challenge. It turns out it's more about no carbs. I am jittery and irritable--think I have a carb addiction? :D  Working hard to perservere. Looking forward to the support around here.

Esther

I made it too! I'm still so hungry, though, even two hours after breakfast, and have a dull headache. Trying to focus on the long-term!

Lees96, I like your cheerleading. :) And MadScienceM, I wouldn't trust myself yet either! I'm going out of town this weekend with a bunch of friends, and I think I'm going to have to pack a cooler and just eat out of that.

Archived