Starting July 29th

kdegar

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreaming about cinnamon rolls, that is awesome!  Awesome because I can totally relate.  MadscienceM and Jent103 good luck this weekend.  I have to say that those situations are the toughest for me because I'M ON VACATION!  I can eat whatever I want, right? Vacations, holidays and parties are all triggers for me.  I love the cooler idea.  You can do it!  Will you be near your phone or computer so you can check in with us?  I think that will help a lot - to be accountable to your fellow 7/29s.  We will all be pulling for you this weekend  :)

On Day 3 and headache from yesterday is pretty much gone.  Not as sleepy today as I was yesterday, but the cravings are in full-force today.  Today I'm craving potato chips and breads. Eating my homemade beef and kraut soup and raw sugar snap peas. 

MadscienceM I have the same issue.  Tomorrow I'll be traveling and this Saturday I have a huge conference, so I'm packing lunch for both days. 

Lees96 - exactly! Plus another issue is being with a group - if they all want to go to a pasta place or Cheeburger Cheeburger, well, that's where I'll be too. Most of them will be supportive, and one of them has done a couple of Whole30s, so they'll be understanding, but it's going to take a lot of prep. I'll have my phone with me too.

On Day 3 and headache from yesterday is pretty much gone.  Not as sleepy today as I was yesterday, but the cravings are in full-force today.  Today I'm craving potato chips and breads. Eating my homemade beef and kraut soup and raw sugar snap peas. 

MadscienceM I have the same issue.  Tomorrow I'll be traveling and this Saturday I have a huge conference, so I'm packing lunch for both days. 

I think that I would kill for a bag of chips today. Is that a legitimate motive for crime? :-)

Woot Woot - Day 2!  I did a whole 30 in January & did really well.  But Valentine's day did me in.  I dont know what it is about sweet chocolatey fatty foods, but it totally reset all my hard work.  I'm in it again & committed & have my first week completely planned (with the exception of exercise - that I'm winging!).  Looking forward to reading all your comments!

Overall, I feel pretty good. Still trying to hit the gym and drinking lots of water--don't know if that helps or not but it keeps my mind off of things! I did pass a Dunkin' Donuts today and it took EVERYTHING i had not to stop in...and i'm not even a donut person---they make me feel like crap. I have been enjoying all of the avocado I've eaten today. I'm trying a new recipe tonight--baked mustard lime chicken. Sounds good. May try brussel sprouts...don't know if i'm brave enough yet! We are over HALFWAY through day 2 (or 3)---we got this!

Kdegar- let us know how it turns out, i am always up for something new.

I went to target to get some coconut water for my run tomorrow (YAY! been off my foot for 6 days... sucks) and went down the snack isle okay, but I saw those little nutella snackpaks at the checkout and had a serious craving.... But, I made it out of there with the coconut water, dish soap, Lara Bar (which I had to go through EVERY label, because some have borwn rice syrup and peanuts). I got a package of mixed mini bars, since I am very active and can no longer eat my beloved swedish fish on a long run. I am thinking I should have gotten a package of sardines to go on my salad tonight. I love sardines and havent had them since I was a kid... and strangely enough, I am kindof craving them.

Okay, so maybe I am being a crazy cheerleader as well...

Oh and my headache came around 3:15 today... yesterday it hit at noon, so I would say its getting better!

Hey Kdegar - I LOVE donuts! So, I understand that craving.  They make me feel like crap as well.  Great job on your eating today.  My breakfast was awesome but lunch sucked so bad.  I had a salad with tuna and beets and avocado and hard boiled egg with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar & olive oil.  I love all those things but together it was so boring and bland.  So, I think I'm going to have a banana and some raw almonds to try to give some flavor to my afternoon.  Let us know about that mustard lime chicken.  Always looking for tasty Paleo recipes.  Brussel sprouts are awesome.  Cut them in half and saute in olive oil or bake in the oven with olive oil.  Even my kids eat them.  Keep going - Day 2 is almost in the bag  :P

You cheer on MadscienceM!  Good job in Target.  Target is SSOOOOOOOOOO hard!  That is amazing that you made it out of there unscathed.  Those Lara bars are so great for a quick snack.  They even have them at some gas stations.  C Stores are a big trigger for me as well.  I think I always have to go in and get something when I am filling up with gas.  Keep it up, peeps!

Yay Day 2.  I sure hope I'm still here and motivated saying yay day 22... I just know this is what my body needs. 

Good job everyone.

And hecks yeah - brussel srouts are awesome when baked in the oven.  My kids even like them!

Oh, and tonight I'll try and figure out how to get my picture in my profile.  Frustrating - every time i tried to import one it told me the file was too big. 

Welp, I flubbed. I had some starkist tuna and didn't realize it had soy in it... So since August 1st is so close I'm going to make my official start day then (went ahead and bought the daily emails).  

But don't worry that doesn't mean that tomorrow I'm going hog wild.  I'll just tag on an extra day to my already increasing number of healthy living days. :)

DubyaWife, I did the exact same thing, except I (barely) remembered to look at the label before I actually ate it. So crazy - why in the world is soy in canned tuna? (Seriously, if anybody knows, I'm really curious.) It's not even on the ingredient list in mine, just on the allergen list.

Sounds like you've got a great approach to it though!

Day 3 for me went fairly well...I did notice I was a lot grumpier than usual though. Stupid cravings!

Breakfast was an omelette with veggies and strawberries, lunch was a turkey and veggie scramble with flax seeds then dinner was crab legs and an excessive amount of fruit due to a mad sweet tooth craving. 

Glad fruit is still whole 30 approved but I really need to cut back the dang portion sizes of how much I consume. 

Hi, friends. I just started yesterday as well. I thought switching to black coffee would be my biggest inital challenge. It turns out it's more about no carbs. I am jittery and irritable--think I have a carb addiction? :D  Working hard to perservere. Looking forward to the support around here.

Esther

esther, eat some carbs!!! the whole30 isn't about low carb eating - get some sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, carrot etc in to you and you'll feel so much better!

Day 2 - Here we go!  I am having my black coffee - BARF - but I am doing it. Had a screaming headache last night.  It is a little better this morning.  I woke up really hungry.  Going to have two eggs scrambled with leftover sweet potato fries and broccoli.  Healthy Haley - I am with you on the nuts and fruits.  I am really trying to follow the portion sizes.  Welcome to everyone.  I am so glad you are here.  Honestly, I don't know what I would do without this forum. I have tried and failed so many times on my own.

OK...let's make Day 2 a success!

Please forgive me if I sound too cheerleaderey...I have never joined a board before and I am just thrilled that there are others out there going through exactly the same thing I am going through right now.  I really think it is going to make all the difference in the world  :)

Lees, if you make sure your meals fit the template, you might have better luck avoiding the nuts/fruit for snacks. How many eggs can you hold in your hand? I bet it's 3-4? that's a serve of eggs - if you add another one or two to breakfast, you might find yourself a lot more satisfied :)

Hey Kdegar - I LOVE donuts! So, I understand that craving.  They make me feel like crap as well.  Great job on your eating today.  My breakfast was awesome but lunch sucked so bad.  I had a salad with tuna and beets and avocado and hard boiled egg with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar & olive oil.  I love all those things but together it was so boring and bland.  So, I think I'm going to have a banana and some raw almonds to try to give some flavor to my afternoon.  Let us know about that mustard lime chicken.  Always looking for tasty Paleo recipes.  Brussel sprouts are awesome.  Cut them in half and saute in olive oil or bake in the oven with olive oil.  Even my kids eat them.  Keep going - Day 2 is almost in the bag  :P

Chicken was great!! http://www.thefoodee.com/recipe/4491/. Starting to deal with a little crankiness...maybe I'm not eating enough? I'm still hungry so munchin on some carrots. Right now, my biggest challenge is at night because I'd always have a glass of wine. Trying to deal by drinking water--not quite as satisfying though :) But we've made it 2 days! I'm looking forward to my prosciutto frittatas in the am. Tomorrow marks 10%!!

esther, eat some carbs!!! the whole30 isn't about low carb eating - get some sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, carrot etc in to you and you'll feel so much better!

I definitely need to be better prepared. I kind of just started things once I read the book. If I give myself an excuse to delay things, I don't get started. Fortunately, I was well-enough stocked for the first two days. Heading to the market tomorrow, list in hand, so the rest of the week I will be good to go.

One of the challenges for me in this, besides the lack of carbs (which I will be better prepared for tomorrow) is the animal protein. I am not a big egg/meat eater to begin with. If I eat two eggs for egg salad, it's a lot for me. And I am not petite in any way so, based on the plan, I should be eating 4-5 eggs at a meal. Kind of makes me ill just thinking about eating that much. Same goes with chicken or beef.

Anyone else dealing with something like this? Suggestions?

hard boiling some eggs for tomorrow to have for a quick snack. Still craving some sardines, so will try and get some Whole 30 friendly ones... 

Had some turkey burger for dinner with some mustard, and cut up some fresh broccoli and olives into a modified broc salad. Wasnt too bad!

esther105- I have to keep reminding myself to eat more...I don't feel ill thinking about the food per se, but I just feel like I am eating so much..., but I got very full at lunch and was STARVING by 4pm. I ended up doing a small handful of almonds, but I am going to try protein and fat the next time. I am wondering if I shouldnt just eat my dinner around 5 and see if that helps.... Guess thats a good thing about this, it makes us really listen to what our body needs. I am going to have to really see if the 4pm thing is hunger or just craving something to get through the afternoon.

Esther, I feel the same way. I made some ground beef hash for breakfast and so far have had to force myself to eat it. Eggs are a little easier in the morning, but I still don't enjoy it. I hope someone has some tips!

I'm having the same issue. Half a chicken breast is a good bit for me so I'm trying to double that. I tried eating meat before veggies and that helped a little bit since veggies aren't as heavy. Definitely feeling hungover this morning...headache, dry mouth- such a weird feeling since I've had no alcohol!

Okay Day 3 is off to a good start. 3 eggs over easy with some avacado and a half a banana. I packed some chicken and cooked broc for lunch, as well as 2 hardboiled eggs and some olives as an emergency snack.

Ordered some Ghee from Pure Indian Foods yesterday. Am excited for it to come!

Slept okay last night, and feeling good this morning, will see how my run goes tonight!

Archived