Starting July 29th

kdegar

"I don't WANT sweet potatoes, I want my freaking Greek yogurt!!"

I had the exact tight this morning! Getting mighty tired of eggs as a frittata or eggs and sweet potatoes in e morning. I'm really struggling with my breakfast/preWO/postWO snack. I go to the gym at 530 so eat a snack beforehand but by the time I'm done its time for breakfast. Or I can do a snack and then have breakfast later. Thoughts? Definitely woke up with a headache today. Not sure if its W30 elated or sinus but blah. My runs are sucking...I barely made 2 miles this morning and I'm just not feeling how I thought I would feel.

On a positive note....I have all,of you lovelies to vent and share with and see I'm not alone which makes a WORLD of difference! Finally fine with my black coffee/coconut cream mix in the morning and loving the la croix coconut flavor waters.

Getting nervous about next week because school gets back in session and on Monday Waffle House is catering our breakfast and then Tuesday we are doing a cookout. Going to have to cook a lot this weekend and be prepared for next week!

I saw that others are feeling fuller quicker, are you needing to snack now? I'm not eating as much at my meals but then I'm getting that 3-4pm hunger strike.

Happy day 11...we are almost halfway!

And then i can't wait to have a glass of wine ;)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DubyaWife, that sounds a little like how I felt yesterday, but mine wasn't due to fruit. I wasn't too dizzy to drive home, but I felt pretty off and a little lightheaded along with exhausted!

kdegar, I would still love to snack, but it's easier to stop. I'm a little hungry right now (I know I didn't get enough protein at lunch), but I'm holding off till I eat dinner in 45 minutes or an hour. I'm really used to a 4pm snack too - before it was always because I was hungry after a lunch with carbs! So I'm trying not to do it out of habit and see how long I can make it before I really need it.

Totally with you on the wine. :)

I will apologize in advanced for my rant but I'm so frustrated!! I went out to an Asian fusion restaurant with some girl friends. I was super careful about what I ate and ordered a red curry chicken after ensuring that it was gluten free, had no soy or soy sauce and no sugar. The server assured me it was only chicken and veggies with the curry paste. Imagine my surprise when I take a big bite of something kind of firm/chewy....I couldn't figure out what it was so I asked the server...TOFU! Ahhhh! I know she didn't understand that tofu is soy or how important it was to me but I hate that I've got to start over because of her mistake.

Anyways, I'm trying to approach this not as "starting over" but simply extending my choice about eating healthy. In all reality I still have 20 days left....adding on an extra ten isn't that big of a deal. So. I'm still going to consider myself part of the "29" club...but I will have an extended stay :)

I'm really struggling with my breakfast/preWO/postWO snack. I go to the gym at 530 so eat a snack beforehand but by the time I'm done its time for breakfast. Or I can do a snack and then have breakfast later. Thoughts?

i'd have pre and postWO, then breakfast later :)

I usually take chicken breast and sweet potato/pumpkin for postWO - anything involving lean protein and starchy vegies is great!

it may help you feel better and perform better if you're refuelling with the extra meal

I have been in neutral mode these last 2 days, I decided to get a massage today as my masseuse is the individual that introduced me to paleo. I was describing to her how I am feeling and the decreased appetite, she told me that this is exactly what she went through and I will feel worse before I feel better. She also mentioned that she did not feel better until week 3!! I see her results and I want to keep going, I am just getting bored with the food and its so darn hard to eat out if I want a break from cooking.

She looks fantastic and I have never seen natural skin glow as bright as hers. She has also lost 30 lbs in 6 months and has discontinued all her meds. She was my cheerleader today.

Wow, you guys!  I can't tell you how great it is for me to come home and read all this venting.  It is awesome!!!!  Because I am feeling exactly the same way.  Tonight at work there was cake but it wasn't the cake that got me...it was the fondant.  I LOVE fondant!! it is seriously one of my most favorite things to eat.  And it was just sitting there all crumpled up with nobody eating it.  I almost just said "F it"...but I didn't.  And that is a small victory because that is what I would have done in the past.  I would have told myself some BS lie about how life is too short to not eat fondant and then I would eat it and enjoy it for two seconds and then hate myself.  I know I feel blah, we all feel blah, but I am really trying to just push through it or to just sit in it and be in it and, despite how I feel, not give in.  Or not give up.

Don't give up.  I've always given up.  I don't want to give up.

Kdegar - Total bummer about the tofu but I am assuming that you just ate that one bite?  I hate to sound like I'm not all hard core but do you need to really start over?  Or maybe you just decided to eat it and start over.  Either way you are always a 7/29er.  Plus, I am really scared about Day 31.  I think i am just going to keep eating this way because I'm not really sure what to do when W30 is over.  So I could go the 40 days with you :)

Kdegar, that is SUCH a bummer! It's so frustrating when you're doing everything you can and still something goes wrong.

Lees, good for you! That work food... my lands. There was a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cake for someone's birthday today. I said no but it looked really good. It's been surprising to me how much more I miss dairy than I do grains - I would have thought the opposite.

I ate dinner very rushed and was really hungry when I got home, so I had Applegate roast beef and an apple and almond butter. One of the strangest combos ever, and not the absolute best choice, but it's the end of the week and it had protein and fat so I say win. End of day 11! Woohoo us!

I started the 29th also! My first time doing whole 30.

Have been eating pretty much this way (most) but haven't given up my creams for coffee and raw sugar just for coffee. Scale not really budging soo ... saw the whole 30 on FB and decided to try. Exchanged the dairy with coconut milk and added cinnamon. Pretty good,not bad. Well, I weighed first day and I know we're not supposed to weigh again lol. I did! Could not believe after 8 days down 6.2 pounds! Crazy!!

I will wait now to weigh at the end. Will feel like Xmas. I did have a light headache day 3. No cravings. Goog luck to everyone!!

Good morning, w30ers!  well, it happened...my food dream.  I think I was at church and just started eating donuts but then it turned into pizza and anything doughy with stuff on it.  But then, I realized in the dream that i had let you guys down and got totally bummed about it.  I woke up out of it and was SO HAPPY it was a dream!  So, whew...

Starting the day with my coffee and onto eggs with sweet potatoes (I know, everyone's favorite right now) and sauteed portabello mushrooms.  

Have a great Day 12, everyone!

Lees--I would love to just keep going...but can I? Don't know how much damage the one bite did to the overall reset. I guess in my head I still feel like I'm on day 12 but am doing a whole40 instead :) I'd love for you to join me!

I need a good ground beef recipe. I stocked up on it since it was on sale and (besides burgers and spaghetti) am at a loss. Suggestions?

Lees96- we must be cosmically connected or something, because I had a very similar food dream, lol. I was eating a giant burrito and the tortilla unfolded itself and began to turn to dough and baked into a pizza, which I ate. Lots of doughy stuff invading my dreams also.

Kdegar- as far as ground beef recipes, I am a big fan of mixing up cumin,garlic,cayenne, chili powder, salt and pepper to make taco salad. Stuffed pepper sloppy joes are pretty good. Chili and meatballs are also staples for me as ground beef is the only thing I can find grassfed at my market.

Looking forward to food shopping this weekend. Hopefuly some variety will pick me up put of my "food boredom". Methinks it's time to make some bone broth!

Be well, everybody!

I really needed to read all of the posts this morning. I am in a complete F-It mode. but you guys are keeping me going,

Gabenick- Thanks for positng about your massage and cheerleader. It is good to know that this feeling of not being hungry isnt just me.... and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Kdegar- sorry to hear about the sneaky tofu! Glad you figured it out after 1 bite!

Lees96- I had to change it up today and go with hard boiled eggs... could get down with the sweet potatoe this morning.

Last night I almost gave it all up. My mom had to put to sleep her dog of 18 years and it was very stressful for her. The better half and kids went there yesterday afternoon to try and cheer her up and she got some take out for all of us. pizza with bacon, Nachos, and cream of crab soup. And I just sat and watched everyone slurp and chew away happily as I drank some water.... I almost just threw in the towel and had some soup.... but I didnt cause I knew I had almost made it two weeks....but it was a close call.

Last night I made some fish when I got hom and some broccoli... I ate it and have some for left overs today, but I am very uninspired about it... Glad I have you guys to keep me going!

Kdegar- I would keep going without starting over.

Madscience- I know that feeling and HAVE given up thats why this is my third time attempting it again. I regretted giving in and I felt horrible for the next 3 days, I was in a dark fog and couldn't wake up no matter how much coffee I had.

It seems as though my gut is acting up again, hopefully its just my gut "transitioning" to healthy gut.

I plan on adding more seafood to my diet as I am getting bored with my staples.

Today is my anniversary and my husband wants to take me out for dinner, I am so afraid of giving in to the wine, maybe I will offer to cook.....again, I really feel like I need a break from the kitchen though.

I am in a complete F-It mode. but you guys are keeping me going.

Yep. I actually gagged on my breakfast this morning. I have got to figure out something else there if I'm going to get through this. Vegetables are fine, but the idea of sweet potatoes, eggs, or any kind of meat in the morning (or let's be honest, sweet potatoes or eggs at ANY time) is starting to make me sick just thinking about it. I'm not sure what to do. People say to just eat leftovers from dinner, but I have things going on after work so often that I tend to cook up enough lunches *and* dinners to just take with me every day, so it's not like I have fresh leftovers every morning. Plus the thought of pieces of chicken or steak in the morning... I just don't know.

I might do carnitas this weekend and eat them with lettuce wraps. Maybe if I can't see the meat it won't be so bad!

I'm so glad you didn't give in, Madscience - that took a lot of willpower! Maybe we'll all start feeling the goodness next week?

Oh, kdegar, I meant to say - this chili recipe is GREAT if you haven't tried it. I've also been thinking about just doing some burgers with fun toppings.

www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

So I know a lot of you guys have been talking about being sick of eggs (TOTALLY with you!) So........I've been googling. Found some yummy ones, I think!

Some of these have been "Paleo-fyed" though

http://paleology101.com/2013/08/05/breakfast-remedy-easy-paleo-pie/

http://stalkerville.net/diet/whole30/page/4/ (a WHOLE bunch of recipes for all meals)

http://www.preppypaleo.com/2012/05/whole30-breakfast-recipes.html (can't wait to try this one!)

http://www.avillagetown.com/2013/04/whole-30-favorite-meals.html

Last night I had dinner with the in-laws and brought my own dinner.  They were very understanding, and I wasn't too bummed out about missing out on it.  (Except for the yummy delicious chocolate covered pretzel ice cream that i missed out on!)

So tonight I'm volunteering for my church's youth group lock-in.  It'll be an all nighter.  There will be TONS of junk food,not to mention I'll get very sleepy and cranky.  (Plus did I mention I'm going caffeine free too?)

I've planned it out to have a meal (protein, fat, veggies) every 3-4 hours and reserve fruits for "omg i must eat something" moments.  

It'll be a very late, tiring night... any Whole30 friends across the pond who will be up posting between 3am - 7am central US time?

Wish me luck!

So I'm playing around with some recipes. I just made burgers but I grated sweet potatoes in with them. Now eating w mustard or tomato and avocado. Pretty good! The potato adds a little bit of sweetness to the meat. I've got another recipe in the oven. I'll let y'all know!

How many eggs is everyone averaging per day?  I eat about 2...

If I eat just eggs with no other protein, I do three. Otherwise I'll do one or two.

The last two days I've been so sick of them that I haven't done any, which means I've been hungry way too soon, but I just can't do it. I'm thinking maybe chicken soup for breakfast tomorrow!

MadscienceM - I am so glad you didn't say F IT!  I know how hard that is with emotional stuff and family.  And when my whole family is sitting there eating normally, I get so resentful that I can't eat normally.  But, I think it would be way worse if we gave up.  Hang in there.

I know it seems the food is getting old - I totally agree.  I keep trying new stuff.  I made homemade salad dressing with balsalmic vinegar, olive oil, homemade mayo, avocado, garlic, salt and pepper.  I almost started jumping up and down in the kitchen when I tasted it.  It is SO GOOD!  I'm sorry that I don't have any measurements.  But I'm eating it on spinach right now with that last of my carnitas and some guac.  

OK - I know everyone is hatin' the sweet tater/egg routine BUT...this morning I made something so yummy.  It was portobello mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil, add spincach and then left over sweet potato fries and left over carnitas (theclothesmakethegirl recipe) and threw in two eggs.  It was awesome!  But, it was also a ton of food.  But it was very tasty.  For some reason that combo really worked.

Hang in there peeps!  We are almost half way there.

Kdegar - Let's do Whole 40.  I am with you , sister!!!!

Hi everybody! Just checking in. I am with you all on the egg boredom. Ugh. I would guess I'm averaging about three a day right now and ooph I'm over it. Last night I made a spaghetti squash with turkey marinara and it was delightful. Nice to have some "fake" noodles. My dad is in town visiting this weekend so I am super nervous about eating out at restaurants, but I'm kind of feeling like I have this routine down and I know what I'm doing now so hopefully everything goes smoothly. The real bummer is that my stomach just still feels "off" and my digestion is all messed up. Someone mentioned that they're hoping this is just the gut resetting itself and I'm really hoping that too because otherwise I don't know why I'm eating this way to feel gross and bloated!

Good luck to everyone this weekend - we are rapidly approaching halfway done!

The notion of HALFWAY is very appealing! I am inspired navy Madscience's coping, staying W30 while still supporting her family and not withdrawing into a temporary Whole 30-land-ish existence until day 30 is up. I kind of feel like I am, since I just started vacation and am not doing too much except taking care of myself. As I was writing that I thought "Duh!, ThT is exactly what I should be doing!" So, my hat is off to those of you raising children, working long days, commuting, etc... And still are committed.

Archived