Ghee at Trader Joe's!!!!!!

Ophelia

This might be old news to some, because I know stores can vary regionally. Anyways the last time I was at Trader Joe's I asked if they carried ghee and the employee said no, I'd probably have to go to a specialty store. So yesterday when I was at Trader Joe's low and behold they had ghee in the new arrivals section! My wish was granted!

Now I just need to get them to start carrying coconut aminos.

This might be old news to some, because I know stores can vary regionally. Anyways the last time I was at Trader Joe's I asked if they carried ghee and the employee said no, I'd probably have to go to a specialty store. So yesterday when I was at Trader Joe's low and behold they had ghee in the new arrivals section! My wish was granted!

Now I just need to get them to start carrying coconut aminos.

I was so excited to find it at TJs today, too!! ...and I thought the same thing...now the only thing I have left on my list is my coconut aminos and I have to go all the way across town to get 'em at New Seasons :( ...but way to go, Trader Joe's!

I know the Whole Foods near me has coconut aminos.  Also a store in our area called Sprouts.  I know this is pretty regional.  I don't actually like to go to Whole Foods because of the nouveau hippy vibe going on there.  I was a hippy before hippy was cool.

Where is the new arrivals section in your store? I honestly didn't know mine had one!

It varies from store to store. Just ask an employee. The usually have a shelf area marked new arrivals to display new products as they come in, and its not necessarily at the entrance... Sometimes it's in a weird corner.

I went to Trader Joe's last night and found some! In my store it was right next to the coconut oil (I don't think we have a new arrivals section - our store is pretty small). I'm out of town this weekend but looking forward to cooking with it!

I thought ghee had to be organic and pastuered/grassfed to be compliant? They sell this at my TJs too and I was excited to see it but held back from buying. I hope I'm wrong because it would be awesome to purchase for a great price too!

While organic and grassfed/pastured is optimal, it is not always possible. You can absolutely have a very successful W30 without either. Simply giving up grains, gluten, soy, dairy, alcohol and the other nasties is a huge leap in the right direction.

Hi all, I saw the ghee at Trader Joe's near me, and I looked at the ingredients. Why does it say "contains milk" ?  This makes me nervous. I am going to stick to Purity Farms for now. But I hope I can figure out whether this is compliant since TJ is right near where I live.

Hmm.  I haven't used my TJ's ghee yet.  I have two bottles in my pantry.  I have a large jar of compliant ghee of another brand in my refrigerator to get through first.  I'm glad I didn't use the TJ's during my W30 thus far in case it isn't compliant.  Sorry if I mislead others with this thread!  :unsure:

Hi all, I saw the ghee at Trader Joe's near me, and I looked at the ingredients. Why does it say "contains milk" ? This makes me nervous. I am going to stick to Purity Farms for now. But I hope I can figure out whether this is compliant since TJ is right near where I live.

It is made from butter which has milk solids in it. The "contains milk" is more than likely a CYA type thing because it is probably impossible to remove every trace of the milk solids. They label it that way because of allergens. TJ ghee is fine. They don't add milk to it.

You can make your own ghee in crock pot. I buy Kerry Gold butter in TJ's and cook it on low for eight hours and strain. Crock pot lid needs to be open little bit doing during cooking. I put  end of spoon or something to keep it open. It is best ghee you ever tried.

• 2 years later...

Archived