AWESOME run this morning!

Colleen Roy

:D I ran a 3 mile route this morning that has FIVE hills. I usually can run up the hills (slowly), but have to stop at the top to catch my breath and rest. Today I ran up all five and only stopped at the top of the two steepest hills to catch my breath. Energy was awesome. Came home and took my dogs for a two mile cool down walk, then hit the kettle bell for a quick strength workout. Great start to the day! GO DAY 20! :D

It is awesome-I've been running this route for years-and I usually hate it every time because of all the damn hills. But not today! :) It wasn't that I "couldn't" do it 20 days ago-it just wasn't as easy! And I'll take that any day!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Colleen,

I also noticed that as we headed into the 3rd week of the Whole30, the running got a whole ton easier. I did a tough 14-mile trail run this weekend, and when I reached the top of the mountain after 9km, I was like "this is the top? I'm not even tired!" I felt awesome. And I didn't feel depleted or tired at all later in the day. I don't know what it is but I'm not complaining!!

Archived