My Whole 90 (autoimmune protocol + coffee elimination)... almost...

Aip reintroductions... Hashimoto's thyroiditis and celiac disease. I suspect allergies/intolerances to dairy, eggs, corn, and soy, so I will be reintroducing those slowly. Also coffee.

I don't really feel that the elimination of nightshades, nuts and seeds or any of the other foods, have affected me very much. So I don't know whether I will follow a reintro protocol for those, or just eat at will after reintros are over.

I did an early reintroduction of honey and stevia, around day 50.

This is day 91, and I'm having eggs for breakfast!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid, stupid... My brother glutened me, last night. Not starting over for it, because it was my last meal of W30. And I won't be reintroducing gluten, anyway. I TOLD him the venison could have NOTHING on it, just salt and pepper... So for some insane reason, he thought it was okay to marinate it in beer?? And then he tells me there is "nothing" on it? Uh-uh. Not cool. I'm very lucky that I didn't become violently ill. I usually start vomiting within hours. I'm going ahead with reintros, because I didn't know until just now.

I'm very glad I'm not anaphylactic to gluten; I'm sure my family would've already killed me with their carelessness!! Urgh!! You'd think they would take this seriously!

So far, I am burping a lot after eggs :( But then I realized the coconut milk I'm drinking, is spoiled. So I still have dinner tonight, and then I may have some more eggs tomorrow, to test it apart from spoiled coconut milk.

I got the highest quality eggs that are readily available to me; Jeremiah Cunningham's; it says they are organic, pastured, and soy free... The only way I think I could have done better, was to drive an hour and pick up peanut-fed yard eggs from a farm. I wouldn't be at all surprised if *eggs* are not actually an issue for me, but rather the gmo-ness, and what the chickens are actually fed. So, soy-free does sound good... But then I wonder, what are they fed? Because corn or wheat-based feed would be worse for me than soy.

Then again, I don't have issue with organic, pastured chicken...

Sorry, another protocol question... How many times should I have eggs on the second day, if I decide to go to two days? Only one meal, or all 3 meals, just like the first day? And then 2 days off before trying the next food?

I understand. While I don't have celiac, I am gluten-sensitive - was diagnosed as such in the fall of 2006. So I've been gluten-free since then  - I get it.  :) 

On the eggs, all 3 meals. And again, I would wait until at least Thursday to reintro. Stay totally clean tomorrow or tomorrow and Thursday, considering the bad coconut milk episode.

And then yes, 2 days eating clean after your real egg reintro before you reintro the next food.

Ok, guess I'm having an omelette tonight and see how it goes... Then clean for two days, and I'm moving on to dairy. As I said, it won't last. I will see how tonight goes, then I will try again to reintro eggs, somewhere down the line. I just don't want to sit on eggs forever, at this point. People are already quite impatient about when I will be able to eat "like normal" again. Not that I'm in a rush to drastically change anything, but it would be nice to be able to accept an invite to dinner, without being paranoid about what kind of oil the restaurant uses. I just want to find out what I can and can't eat. If I have to start eliminating more than just gluten, I will have to refigure all my favorite restaurants, etc.

Ok, but my milk isn't going to last forever that I bought for reintro... It is low-temp pasteurized, after all!

I was referring to where the book said you could also have some of the food in question on the 2nd day.

ISWF doesn't say anything about testing a 2nd day, from what I can see. I just re-read the Reintroduction chapter to confirm.

I understand you wanting to know what you can and can't eat. I encourage you to hang with it and trust the reintro process and protocol. Done properly, that is your best test to accurately answer those questions.

Yes, I remembered you didn't own ISWF, which is why I wanted to double-check my copy. :) 

Right, do as you said above. Eat clean for 2 days, then reintro dairy, repeat the process for other food groups until you're done with all your reintros.  Then, if you feel the need to do a repeat reintro of eggs at some point, go for it.

Well, either I have a rash on my legs and arms, or multiple bug bites... [sigh] honestly, this is exhausting... Not sure my body can handle the stress of reintroducing multiple foods in quick succession.

Maybe worth you waiting a little longer in between bouts of re-introduction?

Also, can we please have some more burp updates? I like those  :P

But I'm not burping, anymore, haha! I still think that could have been the spoiled coconut milk. But this rash...

This is a slow, painful process, and I'm only 3 days into it! I'm impatient and I want to hurry up and eat everything! But I think I should at least wait until this rash starts to clear up. Boo :(

I highly encourage you to NOT eat everything at once. That will throw the rest of your reintros out the window, and you've worked so hard up to this point.

Sorry to hear about the rash: yes, it might make sense to wait until that clears up?  I'm guessing that's a reaction to your egg reintro?

Archived