My Whole 90 (autoimmune protocol + coffee elimination)... almost...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I have to say...if you have two autoimmune conditions, I think I would draw out the reintro schedule a LOT longer than is recommended in the book. Folks with already diagnosed AI conditions know what symptoms to look out for, and a lot of them won't manifest for a few days after being dosed. If your symptoms have dissipated with eating W30's AIP protocol, I think you either a) shouldn't reintroduce anything and just keep on keeping on, or b ) only reintroduce the stuff you WANT to eat going forward.

I hear you that eggs are amazing, but a lot of AI folks struggle with the protein in chicken eggs.  Maybe try duck eggs instead? I'd ditch the eggs, go back to strict AIP for a week...then try again.

just my $.02

good luck!

This time of year, the rash on arms and legs *could* be bug bites... Hard to know. It does look like bug bites. But the one on my finger... No.

It could also be a delayed gluten reaction.

Gosh, I want the Kabardian cheese from southern Russia, so badly!! Waiting, though...

Thanks for the tip about duck eggs... Good to know I might still be able to have some kind of eggs, even if the chicken eggs don't work out.

Well, the funny little finger rash is clearing up and the bug bites or whatever they are, are fading. At least two of the homes I work in during the week, have dogs, so I'm even wondering if these could be flea bites; most of it is down around my ankles.

I can't decide whether I would like to reintro dairy, tomorrow, or wait a few days. I kind of have a dread that if it makes me sick or anything, I just don't feel like being sick right now. As if there is ever a good day to be sick.

I actually like coconut oil and salt as a butter replacement, so I haven't suffered too much, there.

I have a barely discernable headache and feeling fatigued after brunch... Too nebulous to attribute to the dairy, really... But I'm going to have a bit more tea without milk, but with the usual coconut milk... See if I can't jumpstart myself, a bit.

Went ahead and allowed a little nightshades tonight, b/c we went out to a Mediterranean place, and that gave me more leeway in what I could have. Since it's dairy day, that offered a lot of variety. Since I don't feel that nightshade affect me, anyway. I had some salad with feta, some cucumber salad, spinach with feta, cucumber yogurt, meat kabob patties, and some boba ganouche. Really the only nightshades were tomatoes and eggplant. The baba ganouche was so good! Feeling fine, so far... So will still have the Kabardian cheese from Southern Russia later this evening, and some berries and whipped cream. Feel like I put on 5 lbs just with dinner, I was so hungry and ate so much!

Berries and whipped cream, sweetened with stevia... Same thing: faint headachiness immediately after eating, which quickly disappeared and drowsiness in its place. Shared some with the toddler, and oh my... He began burping like crazy, afterward! Hmmm... Maybe we should cut down on his dairy, too! (For those who like the burps, lol)

Well, I have heard back from Jeremiah Cunningham's regarding what their chickens are fed... They say they are gluten free, yet the feed contains oats. And corn. But no soy. So I'm really wondering about making a drive for peanut-fed eggs. If I do that, might as well get some raw milk while I'm at it. Idk. It really is a long drive. If I had a friend who wanted to go and make a day of it, but idk that I do.

One thing I forgot to mention... The day I allowed a little nightshades? Next day I had a new pain/muscular ache. It's gone away, now. So maybe they do affect me. Or, I also had dairy, that day. So I bought eggplant and peanuts, going to pick a day for each of those, too. Having a hard time pinpointing the actual foods that are causing problems for me.

I guess I don't know why you're reintroducing things you don't like (soy milk), or things you think will harm you (the soy/thyroid connection).

The whole thing should be pretty straightforward: only reintro the things you think you'd want to eat in the near future. If you have any out of character reaction to a food group, reset and try again to see if the same thing happens again. If it does, make note and use that to make decisions later.

Eg. Dairy and me. I get SUPER phlegmy with dairy these days. Yeah, it sucks, but it isn't going to kill me. 9 out of 10 times it isn't worth it. Every now and then I'll suffer with the sniffling and hacking for a day for some cheesecake.

Archived