My Whole 90 (autoimmune protocol + coffee elimination)... almost...

Ok. Soy is everywhere. As is corn. And the others are things that I love. I need to know what I am allergic to, so that I can avoid it. In medications, at restaurants, in makeups and creams... The potential for exposure is endless. I need to know, to protect myself. Otherwise I have vague symptoms that I don't know what to attribute to, and I continue to have them, because I don't know I should be avoiding them. This is not my first rodeo; I understand some foods are harmful to me, and I don't plan to eat them, everyday. Of course I will limit soy. But I also don't wish to alienate my family by refusing to ever eat out or eat something their grandmother fixed or whatever, if I don't have to. This is why I need to *know* which foods I am intolerant to, and to what extent.

Everybody happy with my decisions, now, even if you don't agree? People want to cook for me, people want to invite me out, I don't want my health screwed just to be polite. If I know I am allergic and can just say so, it's at least easier on the relationships, than if they think I can eat x item, but choose not to.

I'm just here for feedback on the process. You don't have to approve of what I do or don't eat or reintroduce.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing corn, today... Just had organic blue corn chips, and immediately itching on my arms. I think corn (and perhaps the peanut butter) is my most violent reaction, yet. Which, I believe my thyroid medication may contain cornstarch. So I really need to find a way to get on a different medication; one which doesn't contain corn.

Do you kind of see why it is so important to me to *know* what I should be avoiding?

You will probably have to introduce peanut butter and corn separately to be sure.

I just had eggs for the first time. I'm going to gauge how it goes without adding anything else. My dairy reintro was uneventful.

This is corn day. I did introduce corn seperately. I had corn chips with the cleanest ingredients I could find, and canned corn. I'm not introducing peanut butter separately, but I will introduce peanuts, separately.

I've had a similar reaction just to cornstarch on my skin, with the immediate itching and redness, as with a makeup product. That's actually why I suspected a corn allergy. So I do feel the corn is pretty conclusive... I just don't know yet how to completely avoid it; I think it's in more things than gluten 0_o

Anyhoo, I don't think I'll bother with a third serving of corn, today. I feel I know what I need to know on that, and I don't wish to torture my body further.

Just wish the other food results were more clear-cut. That's what confuses me, when the symptoms are nebulous or barely detectable. Although I guess that does give me some leeway about eating them.

Now I have a rash on my forearm, after eating... watermelon? What?! I tell ya, it makes no sense! The whole process is baffledworthy and confusing. Not because the process isn't straightforward, but because my reactions are weird.

And no, I hasn't even been avoiding watermelon.

Something wrong with that watermelon. It tasted okay, but now I feel very nauseated. Right now I'm thinking spoilage or something. My mom gave it to us, and he was throwing up earlier this week... Didn't realize he'd gotten spoiled food when he was at her house?

I can believe I react to a lot of stuff, but I didn't think I'd ever reacted to watermelon.

Ok, I am definitely not allergic to peanuts. I ate roasted peanuts twice, today, uneventful. Then I decided to try a diff brand of peanut butter, tonight. Very slightly itchy, then my tummy hurt a little. I couldn't be having issues with an oil used in the pb, could I? Or in the corn chips, for that matter?

I bought iced coffee from WF, this New Orleans brew :) I thought it was cold brew, to be lower acid; but now I realize it doesn't actually say it's a cold brew. I bought it because I seem to tolerate this brand okay. I passed up the French vanilla (containing "natural flavors") for the traditional brew... Just bought some vanilla beans in case I decide I want the flavor. Plan to try it, tomorrow :)

One more try on coffee, today... Just in case it was the chicory in the brew, this morning.

Sbux Cafe Verona, my favorite everyday coffee to have on hand. Loads of coconut milk for cream, stevia, and vanilla beans.

Tastes good. But I've drunk 1/2 cup, and already I feel my body telling me to stop.

Archived