mamaxt

Well, I had some organic corn tortilla chips with breakfast. Crunchy? Check. Salty? Check Taste? Meh.  They weren't that great. Stomach felt a little pang-y afterwards, but I was fine.

Had popcorn with lunch. I popped it in a bunch of coconut oil and then just salted it.  I find that I prefer it that way over dousing it with butter (WHO AM I??? I don't even recognize myself anymore!). It was DELICIOUS.  No stomach issues at all. Maybe a little bloat.

Had rice with dinner. Just regular white, boil in the bag rice. It was pretty yummy!  Stomach feels fine. 

I won't be reintroducing chocolate until after I reintroduce soy, because it's so hard to find affordable (even decent) chocolate that doesn't have soy.  Looking forward to it, though!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I had some organic corn tortilla chips with breakfast. Crunchy? Check. Salty? Check Taste? Meh.  They weren't that great. Stomach felt a little pang-y afterwards, but I was fine.

Had popcorn with lunch. I popped it in a bunch of coconut oil and then just salted it.  I find that I prefer it that way over dousing it with butter (WHO AM I??? I don't even recognize myself anymore!). It was DELICIOUS.  No stomach issues at all. Maybe a little bloat.

Had rice with dinner. Just regular white, boil in the bag rice. It was pretty yummy!  Stomach feels fine. 

I won't be reintroducing chocolate until after I reintroduce soy, because it's so hard to find affordable (even decent) chocolate that doesn't have soy.  Looking forward to it, though!

If you can find Taza Chocolate, that's a great chocolate option. Soy-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. http://www.tazachocolate.com

OK... so not that I didn't already know it, but corn.chips.are.definitely a food w/out brakes for me. Feel bloaty from them. Don't know if it was the corn or the sheer volume of.chips I consumed at.dinner. At least they were accompanied by some guacamole and a skirt steak salad. Yum! Also had a cocktail.of lime juice, vodka, tequila, agave and.cilantro (amazing.btw and I thought it a better choice than a glutentastic beer). We shall see how I.feel tomorrow but looking forward to being compliant and in control.

I'm doing dairy reintroduction today. I have half/half in my coffee and a small dab of butter (pasture raised) on my sweet potatoes. I never did get relief from sinus congestion on W30, and I don't feel any change yet.

I am feeling fine after my corn chip escapade but my stomach is extremely bloated. It looks like I never did the Whole 30. Will it go down again with compliancy?! Feeling like I ruined all my hard work. :'-(

Don't fret: you should be fine after a few days of clean eating. This is one reason why they suggest having at least two clean days of eating between reintro tests. 

Tried homemade woodfired pizza tonight for gluten reintro. Sitting like a rock in my stomach. Also made me want to.eat sugar. I didnt because I knew that I would just spiral out of control. I had to keep consciously thinking about how my stomac was feeling. Reintro.is overrated and not worth it. I still have such a long journey for weight loss / health gain.

Not going to.reintro sugar. I miss my whole 30 july group. May have to.jump.in the secong half.of auguat woth the orher rockin august peeps. And continue forever.

I was grain free before W30, so I'm not going back to that. I've reintroduced dairy with no issue that I can tell. The only thing that did bother me were eggs. I did the AI Protocol. When I started W30, this sharp pain I had in my elbow diminished greatly. Well, I had eggs Saturday morning and by noon, the pain was back. I didn't even have eggs the rest of the day or since then. So maybe I can have eggs, but in limited quantity.

I think it is great how much more alert we all are to our bodies now. I didn't bother with the formal reintro side of things as there are so many things I don't want to reintroduce. In fact after a little flirtation with some wine on the weekend, I'm finding I'm tightening up the paleo side of things even more mainly because the fitness side of things is coming along well and when there are slip ups I really feel the difference. So, I had some wine and a bit of icecream on the weekend and felt great when I was having it but pretty crap the next day trying to work out.  :huh: I do think though that a bit of R and R is good on the weekend and it is nice to treat yourself so that is just going to be a choice I am prepared to live with. Hope everyone else is doing well!  :)

I had corn yesterday evening. I'd cut out corn for the previous year - even before W30 - because I know I have problems with it, but I wanted to try it again...just in case! Popcorn is my favorite food in the whole wide world, so I guess I hoped I'd miraculously lost my sensitivity to it.

Big mistake.

Bloating. Itching. Stomach ache. Headache. Horrific sinus congestion. I actually woke up in the middle of the night sneezing!

*Sigh*

It'll probably be another year before I decide the taste of popcorn is worth the misery again. :)

I agree with you CharDoll that reintro is a bit overrated, but that meat fruit and veggies are definitely the way to go. I don't have any major health problems except for my arthritis. Apparently W30 and the paleo way of eating is good for rheumatoid arthritis, however I have osteoarthritis and have found that eating this way makes no difference at all and have had to resort back to my meds. I have lost the constant feeling of tiredness, but have no idea what causes this. I think that reintroducing a food group for a single day isn't going to show up something like this. It's is something that is deep seated.

I been having nuts as my snack of choice but yesterday decided to have some dried fruit instead. These were so sickly sweet that I don't think I will ever go near them again. Also, I went out yesterday and somebody brought along carrot cake which I quite happily ignored. However, late in the day I walked past it and it and just picked up a crumb to have a taste. While it was still in my mouth I thought what is the point of having just a taste from a crumb – this is crazy stuff. So I spat it out!

My stomach and gut do feel great and I am going to continue eating this way in future with the odd digression. I am totally over having desserts and will be truly happy to have fruit as a substitute without the feeling of deprivation. The sugar addiction has definitely gone for me.

I'm with you Born Sandy, a bit of R and R is good from time to time, but live with the consequences after going off-road and stick with stick with the principles most of the time.

Archived