Day four and feeling much better.

gjohnson75

Hi all, after my wife getting me the book It Starts with Food I jumped right in on Monday. No waiting, no planning. The first three days sucked. I was an avid fried foods and coke drinker. I was tired and lethargic all day each day. I swear I looked like a drug user detoxing.

Woke up today feeling great though. I was actually not sluggish getting out of bed and ready to go for the day. I still have a slight tinge of a headache, but no where near as bad as it used to be.

Plus I am saving a ton of money by bringing my leftover dinners in for lunch the next day.

That's great! Keep it up!

I'm on Day 4 today and I experienced something similar this morning too---I woke up without the alarm clock (and I have to get up early, 5:50am!). I went too low-carb my first Whole30, and I think my body had a lot of adjusting to do, so I'm excited to see that I am having better results this time around. :)

I'm not sure what it is about day four but I feel the same! I have been feeling really lazy and yesterday I felt queasy a couple of times, but today I woke up and felt awesome! It was hard to get up but as soon as I did I have felt better than any of the other days so far and it is quite the relief! Keep up the good work :)

I'm right with you on Day 10, and going strong! Had a bit of a stomach issue on Sunday, especially in the evening, but other than that it's fairly smooth sailing! It's astounding to me that I've been able to stick with it without a cheat -- I really don't want to have to start again at Day 1 after investing 10 whole days, so you better believe I'm going to make straight through to August 7!

Awesome Job, Ann! I've been getting some sugar cravings but nothing that doesn't quiet down after a bit. It's been very interesting to me to differentiate when I am having a sugar craving and when I am really hungry. They say each Whole30 builds on the last and I feel that I am learning a LOT about how I use food to comfort myself. I'm proud to say that I've continued to break through the behavior without giving in to the old ways.

Archived