staying on track in college!

finn

hi everyone! i've read some really helpful tidbits here and there and wanted to give this forum a shot. so i'm on day 16 of my first whole30, and doing really well. i'm enjoying the little changes in me so far that i want to keep this up as best as i can when i go back to school in two weeks. i'll be 4.5 hours away from home and will miss my kitchen deeply. i was wondering if anyone has tips for staying on track! here's some additional info:

i'm living in a residence hall, will have a mini fridge with freezer, microwave, and a mini blender. i snagged a job as a resident advisor this year so i have a free 19-meals-a-week plan at the dining hall, which has a few paleo options. i'm thinking of grabbing extra fruit and stashing it in my fridge after meals. should i trust the deli meat at the sandwich station?

ALSO my boyfriend is kind enough to let me into his off-campus apartment any time, which means i do have a kitchen, i just have to walk a few blocks to make anything. i'm thinking meal prep once or twice a week and haul a chunk of it to my dorm room every sunday? i'll probably grocery shop at wegmans. would it be terrible if i bought the "club pack" of chicken breasts? it's really cost-effective (i'm on a budget too!) and i'll trim the fat of course. any wegmans must-buys, let me know!

lastly, my dad is taking me on a costco run next week. if anyone can think of any staples to pick up there, let me know. (i already know the bulk nuts are great!)

i apologize for the novel! any tips/advice would be great! thanks :)

Sounds like you have a great plan! 

Addressing one of your questions, deli meat is tricky. I would be cautious of sugar, gluten, and/or carageenan.

Re: costco, see if yours sells the jumbo sized coconut oil. If you like Pellegrino, buy that by the case.

Sounds like you have a great plan! 

Addressing one of your questions, deli meat is tricky. I would be cautious of sugar, gluten, and/or carageenan.

Re: costco, see if yours sells the jumbo sized coconut oil. If you like Pellegrino, buy that by the case.

i bought the jumbo coconut oil this winter and am still using it! that stuff lasts forever!

Archived