Starting August 5

JordanC

I have been trying dairy and seem to already have become constipated...and all I had was some ice cream and dairy creamer. Had non-dairy today in my coffee, and within an hour my stomache hurt...and I haven't had ANY discomfort the entire 30days. Hmmm. Coffee might be a thing of the past. Although I could endure the ache to enjoy my breakfast drink, now that I know it's a way my body is telling me "this is hurting me!", makes me think twice. 

I'm waiting until tomorrow to introduce gluten, since I have a big party to attend and I can indulge there! ;-) sneaky of me. I've been following 'Wheat Belly" on Facebook and just went out and bought the cookbook. I look forward to a life gluten free and possibly grain free, if I can just find enough interesting ways to make dinner. The book looks great, I'll let you know when I cook something from it.

@Devon, that crazy that in one day you experience a breakout. Thats the kind of response that points a big fat arrow at our issues. I hope to see the same. Make it obvious!! That way, my resolve will be stronger as I will be clear what the consequences will be.

Dropped another #1. Yes, I get on the scale now. I decided Friday will be weigh in day. I also want to see how the dietary changes/additions affect the scale, not just my tummy.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am just feeling generally blah being off whole 30 - dont think its down to one thing - so am going to tighten up the controls and get back on track! 

definately over did it on the alcohol this weekend - which I'm sure hasn't helped.!!  Have managed to stay off dairy but did indulge in some flour based food over the weekend - only a little but I'd rather go without! 

today I've been much better - although skipped protein for brekkie - but have a plan for the week to ensure I stay focused on 3 protein based meals! 

think I will only be off whole 30 for the sake of not having to be so fanatical about unknown/uncontrollable non compliant ingredients and the occasional dumpling/dinner treat. 

would have done much better this weekend if I had of stuck to a controlled eating plan! 

trust you are all working your way thorugh reintro! 

kate 

I have reintroduced WINE and can conclusively say it gives me a little bit of a foggy head the next day. But I think people worked that out about wine a few thousand years ago so not a big revelation

I turned down a GF brownie and made three delicious slightly experimental (whole 30 compliant) meals over the weekend - my big successes. I can see clearly how doing those 30 days really meant something - sticking with something that long means you face almost all ordinary situations that will come up later and have worked out a strategy for most of them. In the case of the brownie, I wanted it a little bit, but I knew after five mins I wouldn't care, and had a sparkling water instead - which really was better than the brownie would have been (in that it was both satifying, and left me feeling good afterwards)! 

Sooo here we are, day 37 and "bad wheat day" for me today.

I had a carrot muffin this morning (made with white flour), and am glad to report that so far it has not affected me too badly.

I am having a small amount of basil pasta this afternoon, and then normal spaghetti this evening.

I am hoping it will not have a major effect one me as I looooovvvve pasta.

How is everyone's reintro going? 

I have a bit of a headache, but it is hard to tell whether or not it is as a result of the muffin?

So far two people have told me "wow, you look great, you have lost a lot of weight!" , without them even knowing I am doing whole30  :D

So that is very encouraging to keep my diet  going forward as close to whole30 as possible.

xx

Yay to learning how things we eat affect us, body, mind & soul!!!  Thinking about turning my Whole30 into a Whole60; Saturday will be Day 30 for my restart & I'm seeing some indications that make me want to NOT risk slowing the healing process just yet.

Gluten was already on my "poison" list; celiac disease is diagnosed in some family members.  Alcohol is also gone the way of the dodo bird long ago, due to liver problems.  Dairy is the biggest thing I miss, but beans & rice is pretty close behind.  =)  We'll see when I get there.

Great Job, Folks!!!

Archived