Natural Calm and Running

Jenny C.

I'm training for my 5th marathon. (My whole30 started almost the same day as my training program.) I started using Natural Calm at the suggestion of someone in the forums. I have always struggled with constipation. The good news is, the Natural Calm seems to be really helping with constipation. (I take 2 teaspoons b4 I go to bed.)

I've been doing a bit of experimenting with how much/when to take the Natural Calm. Two teaspoons right before bed seems to help the most with sleep and with constipation. On the down side, when I take 2 teaspoons before bed, it has a negative effect on my run the next morning. It makes me dizzy in the morning which affects my running.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Do you think that over time, my body will get used to the Natural Calm and I'll stop getting dizzy? Should I just find another supplement entirely. I was SO excited that I finally found something that worked for constipation. But I can't take it if it's going to get in the way of my training. (Of course, being constipated doesn't help with training either, so it's sort of a conundrum...)

I also take Natural Calm at night right before bed. I started out taking it about 4 months ago and began with a half a teaspoon like the container said. I think your body gradually gets used to it over time (that's the impression I got from reading the label) Over a month or so I gradually increased until I was taking the full 2 teaspoons. I did have to cut it back because I would feel really groggy in the morning after taking the full dose. I don't run in the morning but I do Crossfit most mornings and I do agree that while I was taking the full dose I was a little "cloudy" those mornings. If I were you I would start back with the 1/2 teaspoon and then gradually increase until you find that good balance. Mine happened to be only 1 teaspoon.

Archived