Cosi - Smart Fit Salad

Juice06870

My wife convinced me to go to Cosi a couple of weeks ago for a quick meal to take to watch some fireworks, and I noticed they had a pretty extensive menu of salads (otherwise it's mostly all sandwiches which are of course not compliant).  They have this new salad called the "Smart Fit Salad" which has the following ingredients:

Roasted sweet potatoes, kale, romaine, avocado, carrots, red pepper, green onions, roasted corn, black beans and honey chipotle dressing

I always ask them to prepare it without the corn and black beans, and for dressing, I will have oil and vinegar on the side.  You can add your choice of protein (chicken, shimp, beef, salmon etc).

For me anyway, it's the perfect take-out meal.  I love the kale and the sweet potatoes, and the protein and extra avocado ensures that it's a filling meal.  

If you are stuck for an idea for a lunch or dinner and you live or work near a Cosi, definitely give it a try.

I hate to be a buzz kill, but the proteins in these places are very rarely compliant. Chicken, especially, will usually have soy and wheat and sometimes sugar. Gross, right? Also be wary of oil and vinegar dressings. Most fast food places use a blend of soybean oil for this.

Sorry! Kale, sweet potatoes and avocado are awesome, though, so maybe it could work if you bring your own protein and dressing?

great points Missmary.  I'm currently not on a Whole30, so I suppose i can be a little more flexible than someone who is on one.  Otherwise I would definitely have my own dressing and maybe some chicken or tuna to put on top.  

Archived