August Whole 30 log

pam21e

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol Pam.....just spent a good part of today prepping food for a successful day 25-30! Cut up tons of veggies and put in containers, maid Thai curry, made more Paleo mayo, cooked a few burger patties....last night cooked sweet potatoes and also artichokes. Found at TJ tuna w/o soy.....just tuna and water.....they had canned salmon and canned chicken too....I'm exhausted!

Day 26. Woo hoo! Had my veggie omelette, avocado and cup of coffee w/coconut milk....will have my kombucha soon....lunch will most likely be Thai curry.....dinner, maybe tuna salad. Finally found tha Trader Joe's has tuna without soy. Chicken of the Sea and Starkist and others had soy....had no idea til I started reading the label!

Did NOT buy anymore TJ dried mango...put still eating the TJ pistachios.

Day 31 (Saturday) I plan to reintro in a different order, I think. We may be going out that night, so sister in law was askign about flatbread (it is actually two food groups....gluten grains...the flatbread...but it has garlic and cheese...so also dairy. I may have that as shared appetizer and see how I feel for next couple of days...then test dairy separately....then gluten separately.  I'm not really planning to add back legumes, so I may skip that good group....don't miss beans or soy.  Not even sure about non gluten grains...I guess I should try them again...rice, corn tortillias.....

I re-read the section of It Starts With Food re reintroduction and long-term success. It was great. Reminded me I don't have to add back stuff I don't really miss....also reminded me that I can/should remind myself how great eating this way feels......and eat this way primarily until something REALLY calls to me.....and then ask myself the questions of is it special? Do I really want it? What are the consequences....and most importatnly, the reminder that if I choose to partake...enjoy it...wtihout guilt...then hop right back on the train. I feel more confident that I can do this better this time around....and I DO want to find out the culprit re my allergies....so will be experimenting and not going crazy or hog wild/off-roading like I did in July.

I feel strong and confident.

Kelly

Day 27......on the home stretch! Enjoying my veggie omelette, ghee and kombucha. At work will have coffee and coconut milk. Lunch will be a burger patty, sweet potato and avocado. Dinner not sure yet...no workout since a week ago Monday feel great. Preparing for sad ay tomorrow though...our beloved dog goes to doggie eaten but I am determined to stay compliant and NOT eat over my sadness, loss and sorrow.

@Kelly, just read your post about the plan for reintroduction. Sounds very well thought out. I am happy you state you feel strong and confident. Me too....I plan to continue eating Whole 30 wise but not as strict as Whole 30, more the Paleo plan. I have purchased some TJ's almond meal to use in baking. I will reintro as things come up, for example if I am out to dinner and say cheese comes on a salad, I won't freak out and pick it all out, or the same for croutons. 
This being the second Whole 30, I feel I have a good grasp on what causes my feeling of bloating and indigestion. I like how I feel after removing all the processed foods, grains, dairy, sugar and legumes from my diet. 

My downfall has been with exercise, I start out with good intentions, I just need the follow thru.

~pam

Yeah, me too on the exercise. Barely did any. Just signed up for a TRX class next Tuesday. Just found out we got in on a cancellation to go way to the lake during the holiday weekend...leaving fri so am going to cut my whole 30 short to a whole 29... And I'll weigh on fri morning before we leave..want to ave a chicken wrap up there...so I guess I will start my reintro w gluten grains...the flour tortilla for the wrap. No fies...will have salad.

Will do. Mine is [email protected]. Today Gus got his angel wings....I cried a lot...was w him thru the end. Hubby and I decided to go out for a late dinner...I chose to go off my whole 30...had lamb chops n veggies ok and passed on bread, butter, drinks, dessert...but I DID have a Caesar salad w croutons and dressing...but tody was not a normal day w the loss of our baby Gus..so I chose that one off plan item. The rest of my day was compliant. Don't plan to go off plan again til fri for chicken wrap. So quiet without our snuggle dog

I plan to continue eating Whole 30 wise but not as strict as Whole 30, more the Paleo plan. I have purchased some TJ's almond meal to use in baking. I will reintro as things come up, for example if I am out to dinner and say cheese comes on a salad, I won't freak out and pick it all out, or the same for croutons. 

Out to dinner tonight. Plan to stay compliant.

~pam

I would really encourage you to do careful at home introductions of the foods you think you might like to have occasionally later as outlined in the book. My reason is that I didn't after my first 30 day challenge and then I decided to have something off road at a restaurant (food truck actually) and had an intense emotional reaction but couldn't put a finger on exactly what triggered it. After my W30 I did careful introductions at home of things I knew I wanted to be able to eat on occasion and noted how they made me feel (physically and emotionally) and now if I have a reaction that is outside of what I experienced at a restaurant I know I can pin it to something else. (my best guess is that soy makes me a mega b*). 

Archived