Cornish Game Hen

Hello Whole30ers,

As part of my goal to attempt 10 new recipes this month, I'd like to tackle the Cornish Game Hen this Sunday. Besides the standard Googling for recipes and adjusting for Paleo... I wanted to see if anybody had recommendations on tasty recipes. Send them my way.

If not, that's OK too. Pics to follow.

I normally cut the back bone out, flatten then, massage them with Olive Oil, salt/pepper and toss on the grill.  I generally leave the skins on and let them get really crispy, but you could do skins off.

I have a recipe for a fruit sauce you baste the hens with while they are baking in the oven.  I'll see if I can find it. 

I love cornish hens!

Thanks Kim! I gave one a try last night as a "test run" and it worked out really well. I used ghee instead of olive oil because of the heat. I'm going to try a second bird this weekend. So far, so good. I am a big fan of the cornish hen since it's usually me and maybe one other person, not an entire family that needs a giant roasted chicken!!  Any recipes you have, you can send my way! :)

Hello Whole30ers,

As part of my goal to attempt 10 new recipes this month, I'd like to tackle the Cornish Game Hen this Sunday. Besides the standard Googling for recipes and adjusting for Paleo... I wanted to see if anybody had recommendations on tasty recipes. Send them my way.

If not, that's OK too. Pics to follow.

As promised!  I don't know if this will work...?

http://instagram.com/p/c5RNGgqHnj/

Archived